• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

Gartooth

Platinum is going to be impossible for me, although it is to be expected since February through June doesn't count like it normally would. Got 5 games left to register which will allow me to just make it past Gold. Hope I'm not disappointed by the new physical rewards since it will be the last the service gets.

As for what comes next, it is too soon to say though I think the interface could definitely use an update. I wonder if Nintendo is going to move in the direction towards discounts rather than rewards.

Arturo

I guess it's time to put these guys to work…

1574f4a2-93c7-4acb-b88b-59d4e2664c01.jpg

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Got about 10,000 stars (plus whatever I haven't redeemed) and naff all to buy. They will probably add bugger all to the catalogue between now and it's closure too. Thanks for fuck all, Nintendo.

Damnit I have 6k stars saved up and there's nothing good to get with them. They better put out something good for us or I'll have to get the Galaxy Soundtrack(which is good, I just don't see the point of owning it).

boiled goose

good with gravy
Cross-posting from the NA Club Nintendo thread about the possabilities of the new program:

It seems like Nintendo may finally moving to the type of program Iwata hinted at in his 2014 Corporate Management Policy Briefing:

After the massive dropoff in the user base between the Wii and Wii U, Nintendo are probably working very hard to find ways to maintain a customer base between hardware revisions, and the new loyalty program will probably be a big part of this strategy. I'd expect the full details on the new program at E3.

that is exactly what they need to do. Doing this between the Wii and Wii u would have helped them quite a bit. better late than never. if nintendo can actually lead and innovate instead of always being behind regarding digital content management and delivery I think it will definitely help them with consumers.

we can only hope.

ghibli99

Looks like I have to bump up those Wii U and 3DS games so that I can register by March. Program was never amazing, but as something that didn't take that much effort and got you free stuff, it's hard to complain. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

linko9

Hope they get some good rewards, I got 2160 coins sitting here, since I've never seen anything worth getting on the US side. Hope the replacement program is... better.

DorkyMohr

Banned
Well that's a bummer, I shot all the way to Platinum my first and only year with this because of buying a WiiU and 3DS. I actually enjoyed taking the time to fill out the surveys and give earnest answers like talking about what characters I liked.

Enthus

I guess this is a good time to ask this. Does anyone know why my digital 3DS purchases stopped appearing on my account? The system is linked to the account and my Wii U purchases show up fine. I'm missing a few hundred coins because of it.

Ramma2

Items are already clearing out from the US store, I logged in about 15 minutes ago to enter in my last codes and the shirt and 3DS game case were still listed. Now they're both gone.

kubus

Has no one mentioned yet that Nintendo announced a downloadable 3DS title called "Nikki's Travel Quiz"? (ニッキーの旅するクイズ) It will be available in the Club Nintendo Japan catalogue soon, along with 20 new VC titles.

I thought GAF was crazy about Nikki. Guess I'll make a thread then.

butalala

Count me among the poor gamers that would gladly take any unwanted CN codes off the hands of those that have more than they need.

Maybe there should be a thread for this sort of thing?

Voliko

Damn, I'm going to have a shit ton of coins after I redeem all mine. Hopefully there is at least something worthwhile...

Has no one mentioned yet that Nintendo announced a downloadable 3DS title called "Nikki's Travel Quiz"? (ニッキーの旅するクイズ) It will be available in the Club Nintendo Japan catalogue soon, along with 20 new VC titles.

I thought GAF was crazy about Nikki. Guess I'll make a thread then.

Saw that, but we have no idea what kind of game it is, worth 80 points or not, so let's wait. And yeah it's likely to come to NA/EU, too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So this means the new 3DSXL won't have Club Nintendo codes?

Well, here's hoping they move to something good, and that the games are worth it. Now, there ISN'T going to be any platinum reward this year for those that hit it, right?

Edit: Ah, nevermind. I guess they ARE doing a platinum.

Mlatador

Banned
It's about time. Especially the European Club Nintendo was just garbage. We never got the cool items like the gold nunchuck and others. And if we did get something cool like the Luigis Manson 2 diorama, it was out of stock after just one day.

The surveys you had to take before you could register points were also pretty annoying.

I definitely won't miss it!

Does anyone else think we should make a Club Nintendo code giveaway thread? There are likely some people here who don't need/want the codes they have just as there are people who want to get more coins. It might be best to make a thread dedicated to this.

Edit: Also are the Smash Bros posters worth the 700 coins?

So, will there be any point in reaching Platinum this year?

I hope whatever program they come up with integrates features from both Club Nintendo and their DDP program.

kubus

Saw that, but we have no idea what kind of game it is, worth 80 points or not, so let's wait. And yeah it's likely to come to NA/EU, too.
I honestly have no idea what to expect based on the title, but if Badge Collector Center is anything to go by, I'm hype.

Roo

So, will there be any point in reaching Platinum this year?

I hope whatever program they come up with integrates features from both Club Nintendo and their DDP program.

You only be able to download a game just like last year.
No physical rewards this year.

Jomjom

Banned
Is there an accurate list of games that still can and can't be registered anymore? I still have old ass sealed DS games like DQ. I'm guessing those cn codes are expired...

pa22word

It was always kinda dumb. "Here's a calender for buying 500 usd worth of ahit from us this year"

Kind of a mark of shame, if anything. Hopefully this replacement thing will have better rewards, because I do love me some ninty games.

AniHawk

i will guess we'll hear new info on january 28th. that's their earnings report for the third quarter of last year. a year ago is when we first heard about qol and other mid and long term goals.

Roo

i will guess we'll hear new info on january 28th. that's their earnings report for the third quarter of last year. a year ago is when we first heard about qol and other mid and long term goals.

Did you just become Rösti by any chance? :O

Zomba13

Woooooooooow. I expected something to be up with all the ending dates of recent games being muuuuuch closer than the ending dates of older games but didn't expect it to shut down completely.

Keasar

Hopefully that program will open here as well.

Club Nintendo in Sweden closed down 10 years ago or so, no replacement ever opened. Its like a slap in the face to get all these codes with their games that can't ever be used. :(

Top Bottom