• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

Mistle

Quote this post for codes!

I'm an Australian who sometimes imports from UK to save money. Sometimes the European codes work in Australia, sometimes they don't. These ones didn't. First person to go at it gets 'em!
I believe they're for Sonic Lost World, Wind Waker HD and Bravely Default.

The good news is though I have just over 7400 points (years of saving, we never get anything decent lol) meaning when that amazing Luigi's Mansion figurine comes out in Aus next year I'll be able to get it.

(if there's a way I can use these in Australia please be a good samaritan and let me know before using them ;_; haha)

Saw a guy on Ebay who sold 500 star codes for 3 euros.
If anyone thinks they can sell the statue for more than 42 Euros it is worth going down this route
don't do this, the biggest sellers of these usually work in shops and steal the codes from games or likewise get the games in deals and sell them on without the code

Really? I didn't have them in email codes for like 5 or so mins before editing, so maybe a lurker took them sadly... but still, enjoy, whoever you are!
Even with email codes I find many people don't say thanks (a few years ago I put a load of GAME vouchers, my brother needed one, all but one were taken, not a single person had said thanks).

Linius

It was a voucher for the Nintendo DS console, no idea where the guy got it from. But to be honest, I was just scared the statue would be sold out in no time so I was trying everything to get these 7000 stars asap :p

Just registered 13 games I hadn't registered yet and... exactly 7000 stars now!
When I say now, I mean just before I ordered the Luigi diorama.

I'm up to 5700 points right now, just need a few more codes. Will gladly trade some dupes I have.

Wii U - BLOPS2, FIFA13, Sonic Racing, AssCreed3, ZombiU, Just Dance 4, MassEff3, Skylanders

3DS - Mario 3D land, Lego Star Wars 3, MK7

Postman turned up with Starfox3D (from Amazon black friday) and also remembered I had Super Luigi U in the storeroom.

Come on guys, I can almost smell the plastic.

Nintendo.PNG

Linius

I know the feel man. If I see anyone on my other forum getting rid of codes I'll share them here.

I wish stars wouldn't expire. Earlier this year I spend 3000 stars on Animal Crossing notebooks because the stars would disappear otherwise. If they just let me save up like you could years back I would just stack stars till I see something I really want.

I know the feel man. If I see anyone on my other forum getting rid of codes I'll share them here.

I wish stars wouldn't expire. Earlier this year I spend 3000 stars on Animal Crossing notebooks because the stars would disappear otherwise. If they just let me save up like you could years back I would just stack stars till I see something I really want.

What I am worried about is that it will vanish real quick, like the Mario Kart trophies did, only for ebay to be flooded with them.

Yasawas

Unlucky, must take a wee while to filter through.

I just noticed that I got a 250 star bonus for buying Monster Hunter on the eShop (via a code bought from GAME for £26, I'm not mental) yesterday, do they do that for every retail game you buy digitally? That unexpected boost gave me exactly enough for the Game & Watch collection which I've just ordered as it's the only thing on there I'm interested in.

Linius

Unlucky, must take a wee while to filter through.

I just noticed that I got a 250 star bonus for buying Monster Hunter on the eShop (via a code bought from GAME for £26, I'm not mental) yesterday, do they do that for every retail game you buy digitally? That unexpected boost gave me exactly enough for the Game & Watch collection which I've just ordered as it's the only thing on there I'm interested in.

Yep, you have to fill in the survey on the website to receive the stars. The download code of Zelda in my 3DSXL Zelda package got me 250 stars too. Even the free Monster Hunter I picked up from the Too Many Games promotion got me 250 stars :p

Shadders

HkUHtqK.png

Squeee!

For the record I was able to add multiple 3DSes to my account so long as they were each different styles - I had a Pokemon one, Luigi one and both colours of 2DS.

Celine

How many star points are worth downloadable games like Pushmo?
Is there a way to know how much points one thing is worth before register them?
Are Wii/DS game codes still usable?

How many star points are worth downloadable games like Pushmo? 50 and you have to complete a long survey for it. Unless it is a retail title, in which case 500...unless they ended that promo (note: Act attorney 5 does not count as retail despite the Japanese release being retail)
Is there a way to know how much points one thing is worth before register them? nope. Most DS games are 200 and most Wii games 250 (but they can be 200 too)
Are Wii/DS game codes still usable? If there is no expiry date on the slip yes. If the expiry date has not passed, yes. If the expiry date has passed, maybe (they rarely get extended).
Answers in bold

Yasawas

I think downloadable games are only 50 points unless is the download version of a full retail game in which you get the usual 250 and seemingly a bonus 250 if my Monster Hunter experience is typical.

Wii and DS codes still work provided they're not too old as they do expire eventually, I got a second-hand Advance Wars DS recently with an unused code card but I couldn't register it as it had expired.

Albo

My club nintendo account is linked to my Wii U ID which let me register the system to CN. If I link that same ID to my 3DS, will It register that 3DS on Club nintendo too?

Yasawas

Doubt it. The Wii U is the only hardware that registers that way, the 3DS had a regular points card in it albeit for a greater value than retail games.

Zafir

HkUHtqK.png

Squeee!

For the record I was able to add multiple 3DSes to my account so long as they were each different styles - I had a Pokemon one, Luigi one and both colours of 2DS.
That's interesting, I thought you could only register two 3DS's, one of each of the 3DS and 3DS XL?

Have they changed it recently or something?

It's doubly difficult for me because I live in a non country (at least according to Nintendo) so all the H/W and games come without the codes. I have a Wii, Wii U, 3DS and 2 3DS XL and got "fuck all" points for them. Points for digital downloads Sir? Kindly GTFO thanks.

So only games that I import from Amazon register on my Nintendo account.

No reason for posting this, just a moan.

Shadders

That's interesting, I thought you could only register two 3DS's, one of each of the 3DS and 3DS XL?

Have they changed it recently or something?

I assume they must have.

I had previously tried to add a second 3DS code from my Zelda DS when I already had a code registered from my blue one. It didn't work so I gave the code away. Now it seems they've relaxed the rules, which is only fair of them, because their business model sort of relies on people buying the new styles of console.

Zornica

Banned
Apparently really REALLY old codes still work... I just tried to register "Mr.Driller - Drill Spirits" for the ds which was released in 2004 and it worked... To be honest I am kinda baffled.
The code card still said VIP 24:7 :D
I might give all the other codes I dismissed earlier a try now...

Shiggy

I wasn't able to add a third 3DS XL to my account yesterday. Had to choose other ... options ... to get my free Mario 3D Land.

Zafir

Apparently really REALLY old codes still work... I just tried to register "Mr.Driller - Drill Spirits" for the ds which was released in 2004 and it worked... To be honest I am kinda baffled.
The code card still said VIP 24:7 :D
I might give all the other codes I dismissed earlier a try now...
Only the ones with expiry dates don't work if I recall. Mind you I think I did manage to redeem one which had passed that date.

Zornica

Banned
I wasn't able to add a third 3DS XL to my account yesterday. Had to choose other ... options ... to get my free Mario 3D Land.

strange... I just added my 3rd 3ds to my account (1 og, 2 xl). I guess that means you can only register the same model twice..

Only the ones with expiry dates don't work if I recall. Mind you I think I did manage to redeem one which had passed that date.
seems to be random... a more recent one without a date didn't work

I posted this in another thread but I think you guys might know more:

I think I've screwed my free 3D Land:

It timed out on the final page, and refreshing it returned a page not found error. I went into history to last page of form, filled in again and submitted and now it says:

Nintendo said:
Thank you for participating in this promotion!

Dear My Username,

We're sorry, but you have already participated in this promotion. You may only participate in this promotion once per Club Nintendo account. For more information, please take a look at the Terms & Conditions on our promotional website.

What do I do?

MKUltra

It timed out on the final page, and refreshing it returned a page not found error. I went into history to last page of form, filled in again and submitted and now it says:

What do I do?

I'd try contacting Nintendo, in my experience they're normally pretty good about things.

Zornica

Banned

What do I do?

are you sure you haven't received the code anyway?
you can look it up on club nintendos main page. just scroll to the right once

octopiggy

Does anyone else have technical issues when filling out the bonus star surveys? I just spent about 20 minutes filling out a survey sent to me for SM3DW with really thought out answers only for it to crash on the last page. This isn't the first time either.
I didn't get my measly 50 stars and they didn't get their customer survey. What a waste of time.

Does anyone else have technical issues when filling out the bonus star surveys? I just spent about 20 minutes filling out a survey sent to me for SM3DW with really thought out answers only for it to crash on the last page. This isn't the first time either.
I didn't get my measly 50 stars and they didn't get their customer survey. What a waste of time.
I find they only do that when you have something to say (IIRC my Skyeward sword one where I mentioned Fi being worse than Navi got Waluigi'd too). It was a lot more reliable when they just e-mailed you a link and you did it on a seperate website.

Top Bottom