• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

BriBri

Is anyone else having problems with accessing http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/index_club-fwd.jsp

tumblr_inline_n49z58l2Fu1rmjx4g.jpg

Every time I try to register Mario 3D Land I get the same page. I've tried different browsers, registering other games and then trying again, nothing seems to fix it.

I have stumbled upon a very useful link.

List of games you can currently register and amount of stars you get for them. I wonder if it is 100% accurate (Nintendo VIP 24:7 stuff is not listed, I'm sure really old DS games that fall under that still work) as I'm not buying that the wonderful 101 is only 200 stars while every other Wii U game is 250 (even Funky Barn) or the fact the Etrian Oddysey 4 gets stars but Millenium Girl does not. Then there is the fact most of the Warner stuff does not seem to have slips in the box (so probably eShop only).

Shame it doesn't list expiry dates but note some surprises or big selling older games still working like New Super Mario Bros.

To end on a random note what was Pokémon X - SPECIAL EDITION?

Zafir

List of games you can currently register and amount of stars you get for them. I wonder if it is 100% accurate (Nintendo VIP 24:7 stuff is not listed, I'm sure really old DS games that fall under that still work) as I'm not buying that the wonderful 101 is only 200 stars while every other Wii U game is 250 (even Funky Barn) or the fact the Etrian Oddysey 4 gets stars but Millenium Girl does not. Then there is the fact most of the Warner stuff does not seem to have slips in the box (so probably eShop only).

Shame it doesn't list expiry dates but note some surprises or big selling older games still working like New Super Mario Bros.

The Pokemon Y copy I got from Tesco registered as "Pokemon Y - Special Edition". It just came with some special balls that I don't even think I used.

Shiggy

Pok%C3%A9mon-X-%28Premium-Edition%29-Adventure-Nintendo-3DS

http://pics.redblue.de/doi/pixelbox...on-X-(Premium-Edition)-Adventure-Nintendo-3DS

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I got the SM3DW ost in today, nice.

And now I'm 50 stars short to get the yoshi stuff, which I really wanted to gift someone. 50 stars! Crap.

oh wait, didn't register NSMB yet, nice

jimi_dini

just add 3 years to the release date. That's normally the expiry date.

Also: NSMB for example is in there, but ONLY the budget release version, because that one was just released a few years ago. I think those will expire this year.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It seems that in the US the free game you get from registering MK8 isn't counting for the Premium digital promotion. Do we know if it at least counts for the Nintendo Club stars?
With MK8 and another game (as would be Game&Wario from the free game promotion) I should be able to reach the 3000 stars for Mario3DWorld OST...

Jofamo

It seems that in the US the free game you get from registering MK8 isn't counting for the Premium digital promotion. Do we know if it at least counts for the Nintendo Club stars?
With MK8 and another game (as would be Game&Wario from the free game promotion) I should be able to reach the 3000 stars for Mario3DWorld OST...

The free download of Kirbys Dreamland 2 VC (3DS) I got for downloading Kirby's Trippe Deluxe on the eShop, did not allow me to complete a survey and earn Stars. So it might be the same with the free Wii U game.

Regarding the master list I posted earlier. An odd absence. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is not there, it expires in a few days (the 10th; maybe the person that updates the list removed it early).

Also it has something called Brain Training 3D that came out on October 25th 2013. Did the stars list leak the date Devilish Brain Training was supposed to hit Europe?

Also: NSMB for example is in there, but ONLY the budget release version, because that one was just released a few years ago. I think those will expire this year.
The slip I used had an expiry date that had passed by a year when I registered (I left the code in the box rather than file it separately). The fact it had an expiry date and I got it for £15 implies it is a budget version.

Also I think dates are from last print version. I have a NSMBU that mentions DLC on the back (in the Nintendo network box...does the launch version have this?) which I will unseal sometime.

Lucifon

I got Sonic Lost World and it counted for £33 worth of points to the premium promotion.

RiggyRob

I got Sonic Lost World and it counted for £33 worth of points to the premium promotion.

The Nintendo Network Premium thing seems kind of weird to me: I bought Earthbound for £6.99, and it counted for 58 points (calculated at £5.87 for some reason), and registering NSMBU as my free game counted for 420 points (calculated at £42.01).

The thing is, going by the supposed rate of £1 = 8 points, I'm actually getting more points than I would normally (£7 Earthbound x 8 = 56 points when I actually got 58, and £50 NSMBU x 8 = 400 points when I actually got 420).

Still 22 points off from getting a £5 activation code though.

Yka

I have a spare The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword code (250 Stars, PAL/Europe, expires on 18/05/2015).

Anyone up for an exchange (PAL/Europe 3DS, Wii or Wii U game code, 250 Stars)?

Edit: Gone

dlee83

Neo Member
have a few spares, sent you a private message

I have a spare The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword code (250 Stars, PAL/Europe, expires on 18/05/2015).

Anyone up for an exchange (PAL/Europe 3DS, Wii or Wii U game code, 250 Stars)?

jimi_dini

New thingie on Club Nintendo:

a Yoshi egg backpack. 6500 stars.
Size 42 cm x 34,5 cm x 15 cm

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/yoshi-backpack-232

nBUvu6A.png

r4hCkrm.png

z1KlSlq.png

Also: Power Up Pouch (Blue) for 3DS/DS (2500 stars):

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/power-up-pouch--blue-165

NjA6bq7.png

The slip I used had an expiry date that had passed by a year when I registered (I left the code in the box rather than file it separately). The fact it had an expiry date and I got it for £15 implies it is a budget version.

Budget titles have a different cover.

Wario Ware got released as budget version ("Nintendo Selects")
SwcuQdj.jpg

This one is still valid. The original release isn't anymore.

This site shows which games still come with valid codes: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Club-Nint...How-to-get-Stars/How-to-get-Stars-622685.html

Peagles

Actually, not all third party games work, but most do. The ones that do work are interchangeable between EU and AU/NZ both ways though.

In that case...

Who wants a UK Club Nintendo code for SSB Brawl and NintendoLand please quote this post! You can have one or the other, or both if you don't already have either :)

GRW810

I've got hundreds of stars waiting to be redeemed but until they replace Wii Points with eShop credit I have little inventive to do it.

MKUltra

all right, cool. i have six etrian odyssey iv and six soul hackers codes to give out then (one per region).

edit: i live in america so don't worry about any code trading

eoiv: 3 left
soul hackers: 3 left

Could I take either one please? Thanks

This reminds me that I have a few japanese club Nintendo codes if anyone wants them? I have New Play Control Metroid Prime, Takt of Magic, Tingles Love Balloon Trip and And-Kensaku. And-Kensaku and Tingle might be used as the games were preowned but the other two were brand new so will work unless they expire.

I got round to registering some more PIN codes today and decided to have a browse. Found they've added a cool looking new addition, and am thinking about maybe picking one up: My GF would go nuts for it.
Show your love for Yoshi with this cracking backpack!
Styled like a classic egg from the Yoshi series, this brilliant backpack is the business! With a sturdy nylon construction that’s printed green on white, it features two adjustable, padded shoulder straps, a carry handle, and convenient little zip-up pockets on each side. Inside, you’ll find an elasticated pocket, while the main zip sliders feature cute Yoshi and Club Nintendo cut-out grips. All you need now are some little boots! Dimensions approximately 42cm x 34.5cm x 15cm.
5226-5396c77834d43.png

5226-5396c78261079.png

5226-5396c78a248dc.png

5226-5396c794a8779.png

Top Bottom