• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Paper planes is great! But why didn't you just transfer it from your DSi to 3DS?

It is :)
I sold my old DSi before i bought a new system i could transfer it to - this was my first DSiWare title with Pyro...hehe good times xD

Memory

Going to hold off until August to spend my stars, the digital games are not going anywhere and its likley they will add more stuff.

cyba89

Registered MvsDK Tipping Stars and now I'm 175 Stars short for the Donkey Kong (GB) game.
So Xenoblade 3D definitely won't have stars as it comes out April 2nd, right?

I guess it's time to go searching through my games for one more unused code.

TheMoon

Registered MvsDK Tipping Stars and now I'm 175 Stars short for the Donkey Kong (GB) game.
So Xenoblade 3D definitely won't have stars as it comes out April 2nd, right?

I guess it's time to go searching through my games for one more unused code.

100% sure. Nothing newly released will have stars after March 31.

illusionary

Source: email from Nintendo about 20 minutes ago.

----------------
Nintendo’s first loyalty programmes, VIP 24:7 and Club Member, started in May 2002, and were combined in December 2007 to become Club Nintendo. We’re working hard to create a new programme, which we plan to launch later this year. This new membership programme will replace Club Nintendo, and as part of this transition, any Stars in your account will expire on September 30th 2015.

To help you make the most of your Stars, download codes for dozens of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games have just been added to the Club Nintendo Stars Catalogue! Whether you want to try something new, or relive a classic adventure featuring Mario, Link or Samus, there’s sure to be something to take your fancy.

Keep your eyes peeled as new physical items are on the way to the Stars Catalogue in the coming months, so there’s plenty to spend your Stars on before September 30th 2015.

----------------

I look forward to seeing what these "new physical items" are!

Edit: oh, and while I'm here, I've ended up with a spare Majora's Mask 3D stars code. Would anyone be interested in a trade?

Intel_89

Glad I didn't spend any of mine, looking forward to see what they'll put up this time.

EDIT: I just got mine in Portuguese and it says something slightly different:

And don't forget, the Stars Catalogue has many other physical items for you to trade with your Stars until the end of September.

RedColumn

I just got the email as well.
Here are the digital games avaible right now:
pZPj06y.png
nNHVL2P.png

vSALPUE.png
pDqJx9E.png

p3s9EPm.png
hkrX2aY.png

C1p3UFz.png
W7anboH.png

YGiSiPC.png
sTbpT2G.png

I already spend the stars on Nintendo points (La Mulana & Retro City Rampage), where 400stars are 1€
Some are better deals than that now, others not, so im still happy with my two wiiware games :)

EDIT: for example.
With Advance Wars, 1€ = 557 stars.
The Wii points 1€ = 400 stars
Duck Hunt 1€ = 260 stars
.... so i guess it depends what you wanna buy, this is good or not.

Btw, it seems that there is not more Nintendo Points for the Wii Shop

TheMoon

Glad I didn't spend any of mine, looking forward to see what they'll put up this time.

EDIT: I just got mine in Portuguese and it says something slightly different:

And don't forget, the Stars Catalogue has many other physical items for you to trade with your Stars until the end of September.

I got the German one and it says the same as the English one about NEW physical items being added over the coming months.

Leonsito

I just got the email as well.
Here are the digital games avaible right now:

I already spend the stars on Nintendo points (La Mulana & Retro City Rampage), where 400stars are 1€
Some are better deals than that now, others not, so im still happy with my two wiiware games :)

EDIT: for example.
With Advance Wars, 1€ = 557 stars.
The Wii points 1€ = 400 stars
Duck Hunt 1€ = 260 stars
.... so i guess it depends what you wanna buy, this is good or not.

Btw, it seems that there is not more Nintendo Points for the Wii Shop

Is there a full list with those euro to star conversions?

RedColumn

Is there a full list with those euro to star conversions?

I dont think so, but its easy, just divided the stars that cost the game, by the real price in euros, and you will get how many stars is 1€ for that game.

Duck Hunt = 4,99€ = 1300 stars

1300/4,99 ≈ 261 stars = 1€

Why are the cost of the games all over the place?

Metroid Fusion is 1800 stars, but all over GBA games are 3900. NES Remix 1 is 2600 and NEX Remix 2 is 5600. Especially when they're the same price money wise.

I only have 2300 stars so I'm a bit sad a lot of the stuff I want/haven't played are a bit out my range.

Why are the cost of the games all over the place?

Metroid Fusion is 1800 stars, but all over GBA games are 3900. NES Remix 1 is 2600 and NEX Remix 2 is 5600. Especially when they're the same price money wise.

I only have 2300 stars so I'm a bit sad a lot of the stuff I want/haven't played are a bit out my range.
Perhaps asking customer support why could get a BS answer.

I'd like to think they are typos (5 isn't that far from 2 on the numberpad) given the numerous mistakes upon launching this (things listed for wrong systems etc) but I think a lot of it is nudge psychology. You are forced towards certain items because others are stupidly expensive.

RiggyRob

(Self) Reminder that Bayonetta 1+2, Smash Wii U and Captain Toad Club Nintendo codes run out in a week, so make sure you don't forget to redeem them in case you want some of the digital games they just put up.

dlee83

Neo Member
(Self) Reminder that Bayonetta 1+2, Smash Wii U and Captain Toad Club Nintendo codes run out in a week, so make sure you don't forget to redeem them in case you want some of the digital games they just put up.

Speaking of which I have a duplicate Captain Toad code, if anybody has any duplicates of their own they'd be interested in swapping for it then PM me!

L~A

Not sure if it's being posted yet, but the registration survey for Metroid Prime Trilogy is now up. Nets you 250 stars :)

Nintendo just tweeted:
- The Super Mario 3D World Soundtrack is back in stock in the #ClubNintendo Stars Catalogue
- The #Kirby: Triple Deluxe Soundtrack is back in stock in the #ClubNintendo Stars Catalogue

Nintendo just tweeted: The Super Mario 3D World Soundtrack is back in stock in the #ClubNintendo Stars Catalogue

I just got this because why not. It looks like it's a (near) complete soundtrack unlike that Galaxy one. I still have 4550 stars left so I might wait or download Advance Wars or something. Although my backlog is already bad enough as it is.

Nakayumi

Nintendo just tweeted:
- The Super Mario 3D World Soundtrack is back in stock in the #ClubNintendo Stars Catalogue
- The #Kirby: Triple Deluxe Soundtrack is back in stock in the #ClubNintendo Stars Catalogue

Thanks for the tip, just ordered the 3D World Soundtrack. Was tempted to just use my last stars on some digital game I own 4 times already, this is much better. Listening to the thing on Youtube now, just makes me wanna play the whole damn game again. So good.

I feel dumb for not getting the ALBW soundtrack when I could have because I was just in a bad mood the week it went up and just didn't bother. Oh well, redeeming stars doesn't end until September so hopefully some interesting stuff pops up between now and then.

Nintendo just tweeted:

Splurge on both now, or get one now and hold off for say an Majora's Mask OST?

Firebrand

Oops, thanks for the bump, had forgotten about this. Registered the only two boxes 3DS games I own. Digital download 3DS titles are apparantely only worth 50 points, meh. With no more than 2600pts I think I'll grab Link's Awakening DX.

I feel dumb for not getting the ALBW soundtrack when I could have because I was just in a bad mood the week it went up and just didn't bother. Oh well, redeeming stars doesn't end until September so hopefully some interesting stuff pops up between now and then.

It went out of stock and came back in stock at a later week. While it is out of stock now it could come back once again.

m0t0k1

So when's the last day we can register physical 3ds games?

This is the official information from the nintendo website:

Club Nintendo Discontinuation Schedule

• April 1st 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.
  • April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.
  • September 30th 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.

source

This is the official information from the nintendo website:

Club Nintendo Discontinuation Schedule

• April 1st 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.
  • April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.
  • September 30th 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.

source

sounds like you can earn stars on physical games all the way up until the last day assuming its an old enough game and hasn't expired.

Nintendo just tweeted:

Damn. I got fooled. Invested my points on the Zelda ALBW ost, while I wanted this one so badly :(

Hope to rack up at least some other points to get the 2000 points Kirby one. 3000 is definitely too far.

I'm Australian, but I've had 1500 points sitting in a UK Club Nintendo account for years now from imported games. Never cashed them in on anything because they obviously won't ship to Australia, but I took a chance on a digital game code. Didn't work with my Australian NNID, of course, but it was surprisingly painless to set up a new user on my Wii U, create a UK NNID, redeem the code, download the game and then log back in on my regular account. Only slightly more of a hassle than doing the same thing on a PS4; you just have to change your country of residence in the System Settings every time you want to switch over.

So now I've finally got my hands on A Link to the Past. Wasn't willing to spend money on it and support Nintendo's 50Hz shittery, but I'll take it for free. Game's absolutely slow as balls in 50Hz, though, especially after recently playing ALBW :p

Top Bottom