• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

MrPanic

The 2nd Edition Game Card Case is now available on Club Nintendo.

/edit: Almost forgot the price, it's 1750 Stars!
5463-559be260f3240.png

Oh cool, definitely picking one up. Got 6300 stars at the moment, so I could go for a game case, OST and goodbye coin or maybe just not care about the cd and grabbing multiple of these. I'm a bit afraid to commit though since we still don't know for sure what they'll ask for the goodbye coin, but I don't want this to run out of stock either. Urgh, decisions decisions.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woo. Had enough stars and it was still in stock (had surprise visitors when I got home so I only just got round to logging into my Club Nintendo account).

If the coin is 1500 as predicted I should have enough with the few surveys I have left.

illusionary

I'm very tempted by the soundtrack, but with 6,800 stars in my account I'm holding out for the trophies + goodbye coin, or the Luigi diorama (if I can get another 200 stars from somewhere...). Hopefully we'll see them before too much longer!

Linius

Woo. Had enough stars and it was still in stock (had surprise visitors when I got home so I only just got round to logging into my Club Nintendo account).

If the coin is 1500 as predicted I should have enough with the few surveys I have left.

People expect the coin to be 1500? If that's the case I could get the OST + Coin. How sure are we that will be the price?

Linius

Mkay, well I've got 2250 left if I get this OST. So even if they up the price a bit I should be fine. Guess I'll just go for it then.

TheMoon

Mkay, well I've got 2250 left if I get this OST. So even if they up the price a bit I should be fine. Guess I'll just go for it then.

You'll definitely be fine. I don't see them going nuts with the price of that goodbye coin because what would be the point if only a tiny amount of people could get one after spending stars on all the big ticket items.

NateDog

Got the MK8 OST. Only had 3300 points so best I use it on something decent I guess. I have tons of spare points around from sealed stuff but probably all are out of date.

WarAdept

How much are we expecting the trophies to be (I'm Aussie)? I know Europe has had the trophies before, but the Aus Club Nintendo stuff tends to be cheaper than Europe (no idea why).

E.G. MK8 OST is 3000 stars in the UK, but 2000 in Australia.

There is always the list:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Club-Nint...How-to-get-Stars/How-to-get-Stars-622685.html
The list can include item that have expired and exclude still valid ones though.

As for why slips whose date have expired sometimes work? I know in Japan selling millions extended the date but I understand additional print runs also extend the date.

How much are we expecting the trophies to be (I'm Aussie)? I know Europe has had the trophies before, but the Aus Club Nintendo stuff tends to be cheaper than Europe (no idea why).

E.G. MK8 OST is 3000 stars in the UK, but 2000 in Australia.
I understood it was that you get less stars per game (a game that is 250 in Europe is 200 in Oceania) and have less produces you can register.

PtM

Banned
There is always the list:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Club-Nint...How-to-get-Stars/How-to-get-Stars-622685.html
The list can include item that have expired and exclude still valid ones though.

As for why slips whose date have expired sometimes work? I know in Japan selling millions extended the date but I understand additional print runs also extend the date.

I understood it was that you get less stars per game (a game that is 250 in Europe is 200 in Oceania) and have less produces you can register.
I didn't have a code with NFSU! :eek: (was a reprint)

TheMoon

But most of the newer ones are too right? Even including ones like Bayonetta for example.

I already explained that.

Every first party game released starting last October (Bayonoetta, Smash 3DS, etc) has expired points. They all expired March 31, 2015. If someone says they could redeem theirs still, that is an irregularity.

Everything released before then is still valid (unless of course the regular expiration date has passed for very old games).

GJS

Lots of stuff just restocked.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Original Soundtrack (3000 Points)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Original Soundtrack (2000 Points)
Super Mario 3D World: Original Soundtrack (3000 Points)
Mario Kart 8 - Badge Set (4000 Points)
Mario Golf - Club Nintendo Balls (3500)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would be nice that after this is all over stuff like CDs move to the Nintendo store. They did it with the KK Slider one.

Got my Club Nintendo card cases. I gather these are the exact same as the Japanese ones this time (would check the JP site but it is under daily maintenance now).

I didn't have a code with NFSU! :eek: (was a reprint)
In the past members here have gotten replacement codes for games on the list if their copies did not come with one. They did need to provide proof of purchase and also it helps if the retailer you bought it from is the same as the support contact you talked to.

Shiggy

Probably waiting for the coaster set then as I don't really know which games to buy either. Have the ones already that would have interested me.

TheMoon

Fuuuuu, that's it.

I'm 350 points short of 6000.
Any way to get those in some other way?

Buy more games. :)

I explained in an earlier post here on the last page or so which games have definitely expired codes and which ones still have valid ones. Alternatively, hunt down codes for valid games on eBay.

daydream

Banned
I accidentally got sent two copies of the Mario Kart 8 DLC even though I ordered one (even rechecked to see if it was a mistake on my part, but nope).

Guess I gotta figure out what to do with the spare CD.

TheMoon

I accidentally got sent two copies of the Mario Kart 8 DLC even though I ordered one (even rechecked to see if it was a mistake on my part, but nope).

Guess I gotta figure out what to do with the spare CD.

just fished a second copy out of my mailbox too ... someone at the warehouse messed up big time.

TheMoon

I'm gonna guess Nintendo Network will be powering any new rewards/loyalty thing?

Of course. Nintendo Network is here to stay.

Always confused when people think the DeNA partnership meant they were gonna throw NNIDs and Nintendo Network out the window lol.

Dingens

does anyone own all of them? I own the lightning cup trophy and got like 7000 stars left so I'd like to add another one... Which one looks the best in person? I could imagine the shell looking pretty good on my shelf, but I'd like to make those stars count

also... goodbye coin? guess I've got to wait for that too...

btw, I got a few spare star codes lying around, does anyone care to trade?

the ones I got are:
rhythmthief
theatrhythm ff
fire emblem
bit trip (3ds)
Rayman Legends
zelda a link between worlds

just send me a pm if you're interested

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well if I were to get a trophy (not really interested in them, prefer character display pieces and I have the Mario Kart 8 blue shell for my Mario Kart display needs lol) I'd get the Special Cup as it is the one that is the most consistent in design over all the games. Banana is cool too since that is a Mario Kart item unlike the mushroom, shell and leaf. But I don't own any so this is purely judging by images.

Zomba13

does anyone own all of them? I own the lightning cup trophy and got like 7000 stars left so I'd like to add another one... Which one looks the best in person? I could imagine the shell looking pretty good on my shelf, but I'd like to make those stars count

I've got the Special cup and Lightning Cup. Spoecial cup is awesome and hefty and looks great. Height wise it's a bit taller than the Lightning cup. You can't go wrong with Special Cup.

JonnyKong

I have enough points for the Toad lamp, but I just can't decide if I want it or not. Anybody here got him? Is the quality good? I think I might go for it. As nice as the coin will be, it's just a coin at the end of the day. This is too hard!

Andrefpvs

I have 2850 stars, with 50 expiring at the end of this month.

It will be hilarious if something great comes out next month for 2850 stars ;o

Top Bottom