• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN severs ties w/ DNC chair Brazile for sharing Dem primary debate q's with Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

I'm confused. This isn't possible.

She said "I never had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did.”

Zabka

I don't understand how smart people can be so dumb. Beyond just cheating, why would you email this kind of stuff after all the extra email scrutiny going on this year?

rjinaz

She said "I never had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did.”

I don't get it either. CNN really trying to show they are impartial here, despite still employing Corey.

Steel

Banned
This article sounds like it's basically saying she knew one of the questions for a town hall from conversations with a moderator focusing on a single issue(it wasn't even a CNN guy, apparently?). For the debate she also only had one question.

Wait then how did...

what

Read the article, she didn't give away more than two questions.

kadotsu

Banned
CNN trying to destroy that both sides narrative by holding one side to impossible standards while the other is basically "hey you are evil but you got that old white dick audience that still watches TV".

Steel

Banned
How is it BS? It's verified by actual body text.

The actual body text only says one question per event(a town hall and debate) was shared. And one of those was only a guess from conversations with a moderator that wasn't even from CNN.

flkraven

The mere existence of Lewandowski, who can't legally criticize one of the two candidates running, makes this entire thing bullshit.

rjinaz

A CNN employee, speaking on background, suggested Brazile may have met the woman who was supposed to pose the question about lead poisoning during a service event planned the day before the debate.

As for the town hall event, a follow up email from Brazile posted by WikiLeaks on Monday and other emails obtained by POLITICO seem to point to Roland Martin, a TV One host who was co-moderating the Town Hall, as the source of the questions.

Ok so, basically they are just uncomfortable with the connection. Still don't see how they are comfortable with Corey, but whatever, Donna stepped down here.

Edit: Ok so the article was confusing. I agree then if she did share those questions she should certainly step down.

She lied

donna.jpg

Fucking idiot imo. But Corey needs to go as well.

Effect

Yet, Corey Lewandowski is still on their payroll. I can't grasp CNN's logic here

This. Not only is he pulling a check from the Trump campaign in addition to the the check he gets from CNN he was seen with Trump, on his plane, two or three weeks ago I believe.

rjinaz

CNN agreed they never gave her the questions. That's different from saying she didn't get them.

Yeah I think that's why I was confused. She managed to get the questions and she shared them. She definitely should step down. I don't blame CNN here.

Seems pretty clear cut.

She got wind of some questions in advance and used that to help prep Hillary with her answers for those events.

Am glad CNN sees that as what it is.

Elandyll

Banned
Brazile, while not working for CNN, came possibly in contact with 2 potential questions (one because she had a talk with a person that was going to ask a question at a town hall, and the other question might have been leaked by the moderator to Brazile as a "potential".).
There is literally no smoking gun here, but the possibility made CNN "uncomfortable".

Also, this is for primaries, might want to clearly specify in title or OP, given that Trump accused (without cause) Clinton of having the questions ahead of time in their last debate.

Brazile, while not working for CNN, came possibly in contact with 2 potential questions (one because she had a talk with a person that was going to ask a question at a town hall, and the other question might have been leaked by the moderator to Brazile as a "potential".).
There is literally no smoking gun here, but the possibility made CNN "uncomfortable".

Also, this is for primaries, might want to clearly specify in title or OP, given that Trump accused (without cause) Clinton of having the questions ahead of time in their last debate.
I don't really see how it matters whether its one question or twenty, but as far as the death penalty question goes, Brazile says she got the questions in advance ('From time to time I get the questions in advance.') and that she had chosen one that she thought of as most important to send details about ('Here's one that worries me about HRC.').

The "Live Blog" goes way more into depth about what this was about:

http://www.politico.com/live-blog-u...1#postid=00000158-1b21-dc91-affc-3ba196dc0000

Brazile leaked question to Clinton before CNN debate with Sanders
Donna Brazile gave Hillary Clinton’s campaign advance notice about forthcoming questions before a Democratic primary debate with Bernie Sanders.

On March 5, Brazile — then a CNN commentator and now the interim chair of the Democratic National Committee — emailed the Clinton campaign with details on a question regarding lead poisoning in Flint, Michigan, the location of the CNN debate to be held the next day.

“One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash,” Brazile wrote in a March 5 email to Clinton’s senior campaign aides. “Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.”

The next night, a woman named Lee-Anne Walters asked both candidates that question.

“After my family, the city of Flint and the children in D.C. were poisoned by lead, will you make a personal promise to me right now that, as president, in your first 100 days in office, you will make it a requirement that all public water systems must remove all lead service lines throughout the entire United States, and notification made to the -- the citizens that have said service lines,” the town hall attendee asked.

The emails released Monday come on top of previous revelations that Brazile leaked details of a different question, this one about the death penalty, to the Clinton campaign before a March 13 CNN town hall featuring both Clinton and Sanders. On Monday, WikiLeaks published more of that thread, featuring a a newly released reply in which Brazile promises to send additional questions.

“I’ll send a few more,” she wrote, adding “Though some questions Roland submitted.” The mention of ‘Roland’ is an apparent reference to CNN’s Roland Martin, who was among the hosts of the March 13 event.

Asked about lead poisoning at the March 5 event, Sanders said he would task the EPA with testing all water supplies around the country and repairing water infrastructure.

Clinton answered as well: “I agree completely. I want to go further though. I want us to have an absolute commitment to getting rid of lead wherever it is because it's not only in water systems, it's also in soil, and it's in lead paint that is found mostly in older homes. That's why 500,000 children today have lead -- lead in their bodies,” she said. “So, I want to do exactly what you said. We will commit to a priority to change the water systems, and we will commit within five years to remove lead from everywhere.”

In her email, Brazile indicated that Flint was an important personal cause. “Folks, I did a service project today. It's so tragic. And what's worse, some homes have not been tested and it's important to encourage seniors to also get tested,” she said.

A CNN employee suggested that Brazile may have met the woman who was set to ask the question at the service project she references in the email, but it’s not clear if the person was Walters or someone else.

Shortly after news of the most recent Brazile emails posted, CNN announced they were “completely uncomfortable” to have learned Brazile had shared questions from their events, and had officially severed ties with Brazile, whose contract was suspended while Brazile acted as interim DNC chair.

"On October 14th, CNN accepted Donna Brazile’s resignation as a CNN contributor. (Her deal had previously been suspended in July when she became the interim head of the DNC.) CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate. We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor,” CNN said in a statement.

Martin did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/live-blog-u...clinton-emails-wikileaks-000011#ixzz4OgOXNSlI
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

CNN did not share anything with her.

psrock

I don't see how a town hall in Michigan would not bring up a question about the water. We are grasping at straw to create scandals. She resigned since the 14th of this month.

gogosox82

Seems pretty clear cut to me. If she got access to a question somehow, in no why should she have shared it with Clinton.

Megyn Kelly asked her over and over "Did you have advance access to any debate questions, and did you share them with the Clinton campaign?"

And all she could answer was "CNN did not give me any questions" over and over. Technically true, but still BS.

It was great TV.

Kyzer

Banned
what did corey do that makes it so CNN should sever ties with him? curious why people feel the need to bring that up. CNN tries to be impartial but they are very obviously left leaning so I dont get the implication

pretty shameful of Donna, I was really happy for her too, she seems like a great person. loved her jig at the convention

Megyn Kelly asked her over and over "Did you have advance access to any debate questions, and did you share them with the Clinton campaign?"

And all she could answer was "CNN did not give me any questions" over and over. Technically true, but still BS.

It was great TV.

Exactly. I don't understand some posters in here equating this to Corey lewandowsky

Cipherr

I don't see how a town hall in Michigan would not bring up a question about the water. We are grasping at straw to create scandals. She resigned since the 14th of this month.

I agree with your general point here. But this lady took it upon herself to email that crap anyway; and it looks like no one asked her to. No matter how obvious the question is, thats WRONG and she needs to go. And she did. CNN did the right thing here.

With Clinton being suspected of so much, why would anyone be so stupid as to imply this in any forum that can be brought to light? I swear the DNC is being run by imbeciles.

Also guys, come on, every network has people on air that has ties to campaigns. All of them. The difference here is, she was giving questions before hand to a campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom