• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN severs ties w/ DNC chair Brazile for sharing Dem primary debate q's with Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did corey do that makes it so CNN should sever ties with him? curious why people feel the need to bring that up. CNN tries to be impartial but they are very obviously left leaning so I dont get the implication

He is still getting paid by the Trump Campaign as far as we know

Slayven

what did corey do that makes it so CNN should sever ties with him? curious why people feel the need to bring that up. CNN tries to be impartial but they are very obviously left leaning so I dont get the implication

pretty shameful of Donna, I was really happy for her too, she seems like a great person. loved her jig at the convention

Well they hired him right after he appeared on tape assaulting a woman

Kyzer

Banned
As far as Republicans were concerned a week ago the FBI was colluding with the Clintons for not recommending prosecution and CNN was the Clinton News Network. FBI makes another decision and CNN severs ties with Donna for sharing confidential questions before debate and now Democrats think the FBI are on a witch hunt and CNN has republican bias . Politics in a nutshell.

He is still getting paid by the Trump Campaign as far as we know

Yeah and they actually announce that he's still receiving severance pay from the Trump campaign all the time when introducing him

Well they hired him right after he appeared on tape assaulting a woman

nothing ever came of that and the woman's exaggerations ruined her entire claim iirc

TyrantII

What the fuck is his all about then?

TqSSQKd.jpg

Maxim726X

Disgusting.

As if Hillary needs an edge to outmaneuver Donald fucking Trump.

Just pile another story onto the 'Crooked Hillary' narrative which won't go away.

Edit: For a community that hates the way Republicans employ whataboutism- You seem more than willing to do it for someone in your own party. Take off the goggles.

Neo C.

I don't understand how smart people can be so dumb. Beyond just cheating, why would you email this kind of stuff after all the extra email scrutiny going on this year?

Old people (and to be fair: most young people as well) are not tech savvy. Politicians always do this kind of dumb mistakes.

Goodstyle

pretty shameful of Donna, I was really happy for her too, she seems like a great person. loved her jig at the convention
They really aren't.

In Before Trump says "See, I told you this election was rigged!!"

Dang it Donna, Hilary would have still done fine in the debate without your assistance

Jakoo

This was the right thing to do. It doesn't help the obnoxious media collusion angle Trump is pushing when actual evidence of it surfaces.

KingBroly

Banned
In Before Trump says "See, I told you this election was rigged!!"

Dang it Donna, Hilary would have still done fine in the debate without your assistance

Dishonest Media, more like, cuz that's his thing.

I think he mentioned the question leaking in the last debate, but I forget.

Disgusting.

Just pile another story onto the 'Crooked Hillary' narrative which won't go away.

Edit: For a community that hates the way Republicans employ whataboutism- You seem more than willing to do it for someone in your own party. Take off the goggles.

It's not about Donald Fucking Trump.

Disgusting.

This was during the democratic primaries, if that was unclear, has nothing to do with Trump.

Disgusting.

This was for the primaries. Sanders would be the one to be upset if anyone is.

This makes no sense, I remember when she replaced her predecessor as the head of the DNC, she stated to the effect that she would be very careful when sending emails and would even use it as little as possible because of how it Debbie Wasserman Schultz in trouble. Then she proceeds to send shady emails, with insanely incriminating subjects?

This makes no sense, I remember when she replaced her predecessor as the head of the DNC, she stated to the effect that she would be very careful when sending emails and would even use it as little as possible because of how it Debbie Wasserman Schultz in trouble. Then she proceeds to send shady emails, with insanely incriminating subjects?

She sent these emails BEFORE she took over.

MIMIC

Banned
Good. I had a lot of respect for her, but I had no idea that she was capable of doing what she did. Her actions were completely indefensible.

This was before Schultz resigned as it took place during the primaries. Schultz didn't resign until the week of the convention.

All this shows is what we knew. The DNC was trying to push Clinton as the candidate from the beginning. That said, this doesn't really reflect on Clinton. It's just more to the pile of incompetence and bias within the DNC.

Jenov

Looks bad Donna. I know at one point she claimed the hacked emails were faked, but I don't blame CNN for cutting ties anyways.

Kaladin

I call BS when they spend half the debates dodging every question thrown at them by answering with some completely different subject.

Revolver

He was hired with that understanding, if I remember correctly, or at the very least he was still acting as an advisor for the Trump campaign. It doesn't conflict with what cnn is asking of him

The problem with Lewandowski is different from other surrogates. He's billed as a political analyst while still on the campaign's payroll. He's likely bound by a non-disparagement/non-disclosure contract with his employer which would prohibit him from offering any personal candor or insight. That is the problem with Corey.

KingBroly

Banned
I call BS when they spend half the debates dodging every question thrown at them by answering with some completely different subject.

Democratic Primaries

3-5-2016 is the date on the picture of the email

I propose we just have a pie eating contest between the VP candidates

It'd at least be fun

I'm confused. This isn't possible.

She said "I never had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did.”

CNN agrees with her

It's really fucking odd because Brazile says "I never had access to this..." CNN agrees with her, but then, the email shows her forwarding an exact word for word question to the Clinton campaign hours before CNN producers reviewed the questions that would be at the Town Hall, and then when the Town Hall debate happened, a not-word-for-word but very similar question was asked by one of the audience members.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-me...rtin-cnn-email-donna-brazile-wikileaks-229673

It's weird to me that Brazile says she never had access to this, CNN agrees with her, but she obviously did, CNN obviously knows she did, and... they're still having her resign.

JABEE

Cheater. It fucking sucks, but what do you expect. The party wants to pick who they want to pick and the party makes sure that message is heard by the public.

CNN may need to step back from hiring only partisans to provide political analysis for their various programs. The incestuous nature of all these relations are troubling.

Trump's guy is on CNN a hot minute after getting kicked off by Trump. We have people married to party power brokers heading up major network analysis.

There are party propaganda networks on TV. Look at FoxNews. No one is getting good, reliable information and the different candidates are using these entities to hurt democracy and deceive the public. It's pretty messed up.

psrock

The Amount of scandal Hillary gets blamed for when she was not the one doing anything is crazy. If this is true though, that's just stupid on Dana's part.

The problem with Lewandowski is different from other surrogates. He's billed as a political analyst while still on the campaign's payroll. He's likely bound by a non-disparagement/non-disclosure contract with his employer which would prohibit him from offering any personal candor or insight. That is the problem with Corey.

CNN is pretty up front with who he is and why he is there. Nobody expects him to be objective. Regardless, that is an issue with the decisions CNN has made for their opinion segments (and I have a gripe with that setup as you probably do), but it isn't comparable at all to the reasons that CNN is removing Donna.

thebloo

This was for the primaries. Sanders would be the one to be upset if anyone is.

I mean, I'm not defending what she did. It was wrong and she deserves to be let go.

But..why would Bernie be upset? Because Hillary got a heads up about a lead question in Michigan? You don't even have to be a competent campaign to see that coming.

CNN is pretty up front with who he is and why he is there. Nobody expects him to be objective. Regardless, that is an issue with the decisions CNN has made for their opinion segments (and I have a gripe with that setup as you probably do), but it isn't comparable at all to the reasons that CNN is removing Donna.

They weren't very upfront about the fact is was (is?) still being paid by the campaign.

JABEE

With Clinton being suspected of so much, why would anyone be so stupid as to imply this in any forum that can be brought to light? I swear the DNC is being run by imbeciles.

Because when you don't think you will get caught. The rules stop mattering, no matter who little an advantage something will give you.

KingBroly

Banned
I mean, I'm not defending what she did. It was wrong and she deserves to be let go.

But..why would Bernie be upset? Because Hillary got a heads up about a lead question in Michigan? You don't even have to be a competent campaign to see that coming.

They weren't very upfront about the fact is was (is?) still being paid by the campaign.

You'd guess Bernie would be upset that there was yet another cog working against him, regardless of the size. All depends on what he was promised, really.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Fantastic.
Glad to see the ties cut and I hope she keeps her corrupt ways out of politics moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom