• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN severs ties w/ DNC chair Brazile for sharing Dem primary debate q's with Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
The question and the email matched almost word for word...

“One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash,” Brazile wrote in a March 5 email to Clinton’s senior campaign aides. “Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.”

The next night, a woman named Lee-Anne Walters asked both candidates that question.

“After my family, the city of Flint and the children in D.C. were poisoned by lead, will you make a personal promise to me right now that, as president, in your first 100 days in office, you will make it a requirement that all public water systems must remove all lead service lines throughout the entire United States, and notification made to the -- the citizens that have said service lines,” the town hall attendee asked.

Am I missing something here? Where is the exact wording?

KingBroly

Banned
Why? Before she became a superdelegate she was always outspoken for Clinton, it's not like she hid her bias. It's up to the debate moderators to keep the questions under wraps, it's not up to partisans like her to keep it secret. And, again, we're talking literally two questions for two different events, one of which was so painfully obvious that it was pointless to even leak.

Why is it wrong to tell someone a debate question no one else is supposed to know?

It's cheating

Debirudog

Are you saying the DNC did not favour Clinton, even ever so slightly? None? Zilch? Nada?

They do favor Clinton because they consist of people with biases.
But there's no evidence that the voting proccess was rigged in her favor. Bernie still lost because of his messaging did not resonate with minorities and not doing anything substantial in the south.

Steel

Banned
Why is it wrong to tell someone a debate question no one else is supposed to know?

It's cheating

It was wrong for a debate moderator to give a question to one of Hillary's biggest cheerleaders. It's natural for said cheerleader to then pass that on to Clinton. I wouldn't blame Lewdosky for giving questions to Trump if he had them, I'd blame the moderators for giving him the questions.

Hillary Clinton is losing the election.

lsx0Z0L.gif

Why? Before she became a superdelegate she was always outspoken for Clinton, it's not like she hid her bias. It's up to the debate moderators to keep the questions under wraps, it's not up to partisans like her to keep it secret. And, again, we're talking literally two questions for two different events, one of which was so painfully obvious that it was pointless to even leak.

You seem to not be understanding that the issue has nothing to do with her being a Clinton supporter. Cnn, msnbc, Fox News etc hire Republican and Democratic leaning panelists and political commentators all the time to always defend that position. The problem is her action. Getting a debate question moderated by CNN, and giving the question to a specific candidate ahead of time. It's unethical, no matter how obvious the question may be

Eidan

Yeah, he lost by a lot. Probably doesn't matter.

Does disturb me to see the number of people hand-waving this away as if it's no big deal... If this were to happen to Trump, it would be a 30 page thread already.

Really? If it came out that the Trump campaign received questions ahead of time during one of the Republican primary debates, I think it would be considered altogether not that surprising, with several posters delivering standard lines like "This won't change anything", and "Not shocked". 3-4 pages tops.

Does disturb me to see the number of people hand-waving this away as if it's no big deal... If this were to happen to Trump, it would be a 30 page thread already.

I mean, there's a 69 page thread about the Weiner emails tangentially related to Hillary still on the front page vs. a 3 page Trump email story already forgotten, so

Maxim726X

Why would this change our opinion of the candidate?

Because she has people feeding her debate questions?

Whether or not Hillary asked for it is besides the point. You are the company you keep.

I mean, there's a 69 page thread about the Weiner emails tangentially related to Hillary still on the front page vs. a 3 page Trump email story already forgotten, so

Have no idea what the size of the thread has to do with anything, but the great majority of people are also waving that off as no big deal... Though at least on that topic, it appears that Clinton or her camp have done nothing wrong- yet.

Really? If it came out that the Trump campaign received questions ahead of time during one of the Republican primary, I think it would be considered altogether not that surprising, with several posters delivering standard lines like "This won't change anything", and "Not shocked". 3-4 pages tops.

That won't happen though, because Russia has his back.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Whether or not Hillary asked for it is besides the point. You are the company you keep.

Dont forget Clinton never disclosed she was provided questions in advance. I would expect this level of disclosure at national debates.

Steel

Banned
You seem to not be understanding that the issue has nothing to do with her being a Clinton supporter. Cnn, msnbc, Fox News etc hire Republican and Democratic leaning panelists and political commentators all the time to always defend that position. The problem is her action. Getting a debate question moderated by CNN, and giving the question to a specific candidate ahead of time. It's unethical, no matter how obvious the question may be

You're missing my point. If a debate moderator gave a question to a pundit, I'd expect it to leak. I wouldn't blame the pundit, I'd blame the moderator. In this case it wasn't even a CNN moderator that leaked the question. Not to mention the fact that it was only one question per source makes it clear that the moderators were just loose with their words, if it had been the whole list of questions it'd be a whole nother story.

It's actually not besides the point, and also, this is silly.

Dont forget Clinton never disclosed she was provided questions in advance. I would expect this level of disclosure at national debates.

Naivety of the highest order, or trolling, or both.

MBison

Good riddance. She took part in the documented conspiracy to rob Sanders of the potential nomination. Hopefully more on the chopping block. Feel the bern.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
"Wording" is the wrong word but it details the exact same question, circumstances, subject matter, and even describes the person who will be asking the question.

Not really. It describes the person and her history. She then says she will ask what you will do for the people of Flint. The actual question was very specific and not "what will you do for the people of Flint" but rather, about all water systems in the US. It sound like she assumed the question would be specific to Flint but in actuallity it wasn't.

I posted it above. You can see it was nowhere near word for word.

Steel

Banned
So someone gives you answers on a test and you score well because of it, it doesn't matter?

Okay. Good luck with that?

If a student got the answer to two questions because the teacher was a blabbermouth, I'd expect that student to give those answers to others. The problem here is the teacher AKA the moderator that's responsible for not sharing any questions.

This isn't a case where a student stole an answer sheet and passed it on to other students.

Jakoo

I'm surprised too. It's possible to be a supporter of Hilary and still be critical of her actions and yet it seems like some people are treating them as mutually exclusive concepts.

Confused about why people are bring up Corey Lewandowski in the context of this--of course he is a Trump shill but does that make Donna Brazile's behavior somehow acceptable?

There is a huge portion of the population that is legitimately convinced the press is in the tank for Hillary and it absolutely doesn't help that Hillary's surrogates are providing evidence of that very fact., even if it's for something relatively benign.

So someone gives you answers on a test and you score well because of it, it doesn't matter?

Okay. Good luck with that?

I mean, I didn't ask for it, and I didn't need it, it was gonna get aced regardless but thanks for the heads up. (and no, I won't be tattling to the teacher)

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I can see why CNN let her go. Pretty gross to leak questions like that. CNN needs to have given Cory the boot yesterday, especially with the dude flying in private with Trump and calling him during commercial breaks.
Hillary Clinton is losing the election.
You'll be in for a surprise November 8th.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
If a student got the answer to two questions because the teacher was a blabbermouth, I'd expect that student to give those answers to others. The problem here is the teacher AKA the moderator that's responsible for not sharing any questions.

This isn't a case where a student stole an answer sheet and passed it on to other students.

And if that student has a special relationship with the teacher that allows these questions be known from time to time then it still isn't the student's fault?

Come on now.

That student needs to be placed where there isn't a conflict of interest if that student is able to see test question in advance from time to time.

That student definitely shouldn't be the head of the student council if they lack the ethical fortitude to disclose this kind of stuff.

Kathian

Banned
Don't know why this is such a big debate. It was during the primary as well so not really tied in with the current election.

Fox Mulder

Because sides are so divided that they'll wave anything away at least until after hillary is elected.

There's still going to be years of republican obstructionism and witch hunting, along with impeachment threats to keep people divided.

And I'm glad Bernie lost the primaries, because I know of MANY conservatives who are currently willing to vote for Hillary but would never have voted for Bernie even with Trump as the GOP nominee.

Oh wow. I know a lot of mole people that would also vote only for Clinton. You should get your MANY conservative contacts together, and I'll get my MANY mole people contacts together, and maybe they can discuss this cool and totally non-anecdotal political situation at length.

And if that student has a special relationship with the teacher that allows these questions be known from time to time then it still isn't the student's fault?

Come on now.

That student needs to be placed where there isn't a conflict of interest if that student is able to see test question in advance from time to time.

I definitely think Donna shouldn't have shared the questions, so I think it was fair of CNN to do this. But I also want to say that I disagree that it's the student's fault in this analogy. The teacher is responsible for keeping the contents of their tests secret. Unless a student is breaking into their office or computer, a teacher making offhanded remarks about test contents falls squarely on the teacher. The moderator shares at least some of the blame for letting one of the questions leak.

Come on now.

That student definitely shouldn't be the head of the student council if they lack the ethical fortitude to disclose this kind of stuff.

Except that isn't the analogy. A more apt analogy would be:

- Teacher mentioned to a student one aspect of his classes that will be covered in the test.
- Said student gossips and tells the experienced student who is running for student council.
- That student who is running for student council is the only one who meets even the basic minimum standards of competency.
- The student who is running for student council already studies so goddamn much for tests that they would have been prepared for that test question anyway.
- The fans of the Freshman student who ran for student council are looking for an excuse to the fact that said freshman student barely got a C+ on the test compared to the experienced student who got an A-.

Oh wow. I know a lot of mole people that would also vote only for Clinton. You should get your MANY conservative contacts together, and I'll get my MANY mole people contacts together, and maybe they can discuss this cool and totally non-anecdotal political situation at length.

Sounds like you don't know many moderate, business type conservatives who hate both the social conservatism of the GOP and the anti-big-business rhetoric of Bernie Sanders.

Steel

Banned

Come on now.

The DNC head has as close a relationship to the sources Donna got the questions from(not CNN) as Donna herself had when she was a pundit. I'd also say that ethical fortitude and Punditry are two things that have little to do with one another, it's not the job.

Surfinn

Yet, Corey Lewandowski is still on their payroll. I can't grasp CNN's logic here

I'm pretty sure CNN purchased Corey L. as an investment. They're exposing the ridiculousness of Trump supporters nightly. It's kinda fucked up and I'm not sure I agree with actually paying him, but they probably believe it's for the greater good.

SunnyVi

Is anyone really surprised at this point after the previous DNC leak? They wanted Clinton to win and conspired to do so.

It happened with Debbie Wasserman Schultz after being found to be corrupt.

Why not Donna?

That doesn't answer my question. When I said 'legitimate question' I meant I actually don't know the answer.

Quick Edit: I assume Donna Brazile's main job is at the DNC. She was not fired from her main job. That's all that I'm getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom