• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Undocumented Immigrant is Being Deported 5 Minutes After Being Told She Can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still reeling over the idea that even if you give another party everything they want in a negotiation and they refuse apparently that's not a compromise even if the other party was completely illogical in their refusal

I'm still reeling over the idea that even if you give another party everything they want in a negotiation and they refuse apparently that's not a compromise even if the other party was completely illogical in their refusal

prove they gave them everything they wanted.

You really saying that wanting to restrict and damage people's lives to help their own ends, and wanting to offer more assistance/amnesty/paths to citizenship, are the same thing?

Is there a reason why you are ignoring the high risk and the potential issues of just letting millions of people just fly as legal residents regardless of who they are?

Why are you pretending that problems that HAVE HAPPENED don't exist when immigration discussion is the subject? this is what baffles me.

The Illegal voter
The drug victim
The innocent family who indirectly and not intentionally ends up taking the place of the citizen family
the people who evade taxes.
So on and so forth.

These things have happened.

Your logic is once an immigration discussion seems to come up is that none fo the above have the POSSIBILITYs of happening yet weve seen it happen over the years many times. Why?

Maybe i'm reading you guys wrong maybe it's not about an actual compromise or drawing a line (which doesn't have to include deportation) maybe this is just all about hating a party?

I mean your comment implies that there could be not ONE potential, not ONE potential incident with even ONE person that could directly or indirectly harm one or more OTHERS by basically not giving a crap whos here or coming in for political gain. it's the exact same thing as voter suppression law. They both are done for political gain.

My question is why are we excluding the HIGH POSSIBILITY of having millions of people just be legalized here or just coming in recently because of "family" or "i was friends with some in a neighborhood years back" that doesn't actually make sense. it's mind numbing.

I don't get the assumption that every single illegal immigrant is a person wanting to live the american dream when we have had many that didn't. I'm clearly not getting anywhere in this thread so eh.

prove they gave them everything they wanted.

Is there a reason why you are ignoring the high risk and the potential issues of just letting millions of people just fly as legal residents regardless of who they are?

Why are you pretending that problems that HAVE HAPPENED don't exist when immigration discussion is the subject? this is what baffles me.

The Illegal voter
The drug victim
The innocent family who indirectly and not intentionally ends up taking the place of the citizen family
So on and so forth.

Your logic is once an immigration discussion seems to come up is that none fo the above have the POSSIBILITYs of happening yet weve seen it happen over the years many times. Why?

Maybe i'm reading you guys wrong maybe it's not about an actual compromise or drawing a line (which doesn't have to include deportation) maybe this is just all about hating a party?

I mean your comment implies that there could be not ONE potential, not ONE potential incident with even ONE person that could directly or indirectly harm one or more OTHERS by basically not giving a crap whos here or coming in for political gain. it's the exact same thing as voter suppression law. They both are done for political gain.

My question is why are we excluding the HIGH POSSIBILITY of having millions of people just be legalized here or just coming in recently because of "family" or "i was friends with some in a neighborhood years back" that doesn't actually make sense. it's mind numbing.

I don't get the assumption that every single illegal immigrant is a person wanting to live the american dream when we have had many that didn't. I'm clearly not getting anywhere in this thread so eh.
Who the hell is advocating completely open borders? You keep arguing a strawman

Because this thread is about this woman FFS.

Whom we know nothing about other than she maliciously entered the country illegally and based on that theres a very good reason to believe she got married to avoid that consequence. Otherwise we know nothing of her character. She also didin't seem to try and find away from what I read, in 18 YEARS to get some kind of legal foothold.

Like I said I'm not getting anywhere.

Whom we know nothing about other than she maliciously entered the country illegally and based on that theres a very good reason to believe she got married to avoid that consequence. Otherwise we know nothing of her character. She also didin't seem to try and find away from what I read, in 18 YEARS to get some kind of legal foothold.

Maliciously?

Yeah and her entire family... you know all her kids is all justva sham for a green card

Who the hell is advocating completely open borders? You keep arguing a strawman

I'm not. There are people and government who want millions legalized. That's not an entirely open border. That's a completely different subject.

Obama was about to do it with 5 million of them. Why does no one see the potential of just letting fly millions of illegals with no safe guard?

Who is talking about immediately forgiving every undocumented immigrant and giving them citizenship? In no bill proposed has that been the solution. You're creating strawman to support your flimsy argument that Democrats are pie in the sky about immigration when that's the only side that have proposed realistic solutions. And no deporting 11 million people is not a realistic solution.

Obama was about to do it with 5 million of them. Why does no one see the potential of just letting fly millions of illegals with no safe guard
?

More bullshit.

Wanting a better life is malicious now? Just because something is illegal I wouldn't consider it malicious.

And maybe she didn't try to get some kind of legal foothold because doing so is ludicrously hard and risky for people in her situation and she was afraid she'd be deported despite doing nothing wrong? Like she is now?

The Illegal voter
The drug victim
So on and so forth.

Why are you saying that this is a "regardless of who they are" thing? That doesn't even make sense.

Now to your other parts:
- the "illegal voter" - illegal votes and voter fraud is so minute and insubstantial that to bring it up as an valid point is questionable
- you say "drug victim" and "the innocent family" is if they're inherently bad things. But that goes back to your previous comment, about illegals taking things from proper Americans. You see them as parasites like that, only taking and abusing with no benefits?

Why is it that people most opposing to the negative reaction of this deportation order or seemingly can't u derstand them, have such fucked up post histories?

I mean, when the ONLY thing you have to say in the Ben Carson thread is:

TheGorby said:
"Slave believed that ONE DAY their sons and daughters MIGHT live in prosperity in the country"

I'm sorry but how in the he'll is that wrong????

It becomes easier to understand why a person could come into this thread where people are only debating proportional ity of the punishment and start parroting Trump's "bad hombres" rhetoric, start with the "the lefts problem"/"why Trump won" and dehumanise American kids with immigrant mothers and associating them with parasites that may be sapping on the nectar meant for the "pure" American kids when other behaviour is also factored in.

Anyway I had enough circles so I'll just let you guys continue. All I have left to say is she could have followed the law, she didn't, and didn't really try repent for that for 18 years from what I read so I already stated my opinion and people here don't agree so there you have it.

I'm not. There are people and government who want millions legalized. That's not an entirely open border. That's a completely different subject.

Obama was about to do it with 5 million of them. Why does no one see the potential of just letting fly millions of illegals with no safe guard?
If those 5 million were all people who came as children or who have lived here for years without once committing any serious crime not directly related to their immigration status than why do we need safeguards so much?

Anyway I had enough circles so I'll just let you guys continue. All I have left to say is she could have followed the law, she didn't, and didn't really try repent for that for 18 years from what I read so I already stated my opinion and people here don't agree so there you have it.

OK bye

Why is it that people most opposing to the negative reaction of this deportation order or seemingly can't u derstand them, have such fucked up post histories?

It becomes easier to understand why a person could come into this thread where people are only debating proportional ity of the punishment and start parroting Trump's "bad hombres" rhetoric, start with the "the lefts problem"/"why Trump won" and dehumanise American kids with immigrant mothers and associating them with parasites that may be sapping on the nectar meant for the "pure" American kids when other behaviour is also factored in.

The ben carson thread was basically ben saying that slaves hoped to work toward a future for their children to not be slaves and to enjoy the country. I mean that is what happened, I don't think the slaves intended to gain freedom to be slaves again.

Now then. I'm done please continue the thread.

Why do you keep saying "maliciously" and that she "didn't look for a legal foothold" when she did enter the country and spent her time getting married, working, having kids and checking in with the government? What exactly do you believe she was doing here that was illegal or wrong?

Do you honestly think we just want millions of people to line up outside the tail end of Texas to have green cards rubber stamped? You do know what vetting is correct? Why do you not consider that a safe guard?

Haha wow. Ok I'm done.

Why do you keep saying "maliciously" and that she "didn't look for a legal foothold" when she did enter the country and spent her time getting married, working, having kids and checking in with the government? What exactly do you believe she was doing here that was illegal or wrong?
She entered the country. That was the illegal action

Two Words

Btw, your entrance into this thread has been far more "malicious" than anything she did by entering this country to make a better life for herself and her family.

Btw, your entrance into this thread has been far more "malicious" than anything she did by entering this country to make a better life for herself and her family.

You do know she didin't have a family when she entered illegally right? I wonder why she got married but still avoided seeking residency for 18 years. Again you remove "possibility". I mean I can only defend myself so many times so eh i guess theres just no hope here.

I guess so. Now people are convinced that should be punished by destroying the life you had in the US rather than something like a fine or jail time.
It's very frustrating. I tried to have a conversation about it with my dad, and that was as far as we got. "They came here illegally, so they're criminals and they have go"

He even rationalized separating families at the border because "illegals abuse it now"

Two Words

You do know she didin't have a family when she entered illegally right? I wonder why she got married but still avoided seeking residency for 18 years. Again you remove "possibility". I mean I can only defend myself so many times so eh i guess theres just no hope here.
The point is to have a family in America so that they can be natural-born citizens.

Maybe she fell in love and found someone she wanted to build a life with instead. I mean why have children? Why work for them and raise them? And again I ask, what crimes has she committed that are worth what has happened to her family? What has she done ON US SOIL that has made it so that banishment is the only thought in your head rather than a fine? You say possibly she's bad but you don't say how or why she's spent 18 years without doing anything bad and checking in with the government

Two Words

Those clever illegals, maliciously having a family and kids so they can take from real Americans
They should find their own continent to conquer by killing off the indigenous population and use slaves for centuries to aid in developing the wealth and infrastructure of their OWN nation!

That Obama was doing less non criminals.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...RrLHwOVLripJxfX4A&sig2=WmiQ1OVV3YWjYJdxvTbc3Q

Can't get direct link sorry for Google link.
Thats good to know. Obama was obviously no saint when it comes to immigration and deportation. But the intesifying of it by Trump and the focus being given to it now is still problematic and should be addressed. But that is definitely good to know as to not spin the narrative that Obama was not guilty of the same stuff.

Liberty4all

Banned
Dude is in here defending his position and not making ad hominem attacks and you call him a racist in a gif. Great contribution. Why not actually debate him?

I don't see the value in deporting his woman, but I also understand that our immigration laws are mostly toothless

Thanks dave.

Here 18 years illegally and didn't once try to go and get some forms of paper to stay.

It reminds me of that guy in ilinois opening up registration for illegals so they can avoid deportation but barely anyone came.

I understand people don't like breaking up families but at some point you need to draw a line SOMEWHERE.

A little assumption, a throwaway post, a person dehumanized without a second thought.

It's the Republican way.

Big surprise that the poster who defended the woman who got Emmit Till lynched is defending a racist Trump supporter lol

Small world

So to recap, people who agree with the deportation (or seemingly dont even) in this thread have been at least one of the following:

-Neo Nazi supporter (edit: and whos first and only post in the Québec Mosque shooting thread was not to show condolences or outrage, but to post a link pushing the narrative that it was Muslims and not jubilant neo nazis who did the shooting. Turns out it was jubilant neo Nazis, not muslims).

-Ben Carson "slave immigrants" comment defender.

-Emmett Till killer defender.

And for some reason none can seem to show reasonable empathy in this situation.

There's a pattern, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Got

Banned
So to recap, people who agree with the deportation (or seemingly dont even) in this thread have been at least one of the following:

-Neo Nazi supporter.

-Ben Carson "slave immigrants" comment defender.

-Emmett Till killer defender.

And for some reason none can seem to show reasonable empathy in this situation.

There's a pattern, but I just can't put my finger on it.

much mystery.

Ponn

Banned
OT is fucking depressing today. "Fuck you got mine" and privilege of being able to trust laws and the police that DON'T target or effect you in full effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom