• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Modern Warfare 2022 Campaign Thread

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
giphy.gif
logo.png
giphy.gif

MODERN WARFARE 2022 CAMPAIGN THREAD

RELEASE INFO
release.png

GENERAL INFO
-
Completing the Campaign will unlock quite a few things for the multiplayer including Operators, XP Tokens, and Calling Cards.
- Between 15 and 20 Missions (calling card rewards would indicate 17)
- High impact testosterone-driven gaming that will test every fiber of your skills.
- No Coop. Instead Coop will have its own separate Spec Ops missions that will be canon to the story, just like MW 2019.
- Includes a Realism/Veteran maximum difficulty for replays or if you want to truly test yourself the first time.

CHARACTERS
num1.png

KATE LASWELL - A CIA officer hellbent on protecting the current world order. Last seen as a key player in the Roman Barkov incident, she once again joins Price to permanently stop Russian ultranationalists, Middle Eastern terrorists, & Latin American drug cartels.

num2.png

COLONEL ALEJANDRO VARGAS - A brand new character not seen in the original MW2, Alejandro is part of the Mexican military. He will assist Price in navigating the complex Latin American geopolitical situation. The question is, is he secretly being paid by the cartels?

num3.png

PHILLIP GRAVES - Task Force 141 is not the only squad given rein to complete missions with little oversight. Phillip leads the mysterious Shadow Company which, if you played the original 2009 MW2, should mean something to you. As this is a brand new adaptation of the story, he might be trustworthy this time.

num4.png

CAPTAIN PRICE - The longtime series hero returns as leader of Task Force 141. His resolve is strengthened by his three Nakama comprised of FNG Soap, Kyle "Gaz" Garrick, and Ghost-kun. It is unknown if Farah will fully join the squad but the trailer indicates she will appear in this arc. It can't be helped.

num5.png

GENERAL SHEPHERD - Classified ❗

PC SPECS

We're Oscar Mike!

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
After watching a few YouTube video's I'm a little disappointed in the lackluster physics and graphics jump. I won't pay £60-70 for a cross gen game so I'll probably wait until a sale or leave it altogether.
I'm skipping MW2, don't give a shit about the campaign and the multiplayer beta was a dud.

I'm a Warzone player first so thankfully that's free. I wish the weapon camo unlocks had their own challenges just for Warzone players instead of multiplayer based challenges but at the end of the day, I really couldn't care less about weapon camos or operator skins since that's not why I play this game. All I want for Warzone 2 is a RANKED PLAYLIST and I'll be more than happy. I'm taking that $69.99 and putting it towards God of War: Ragnarök.

Worth a watch (while we wait) if you haven't been following, stuff in here new to me

Though mostly about MP in here

IGN is doing something an hour before release. Might be worth a watch to kill the time:

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II's campaign drops on October 20, so tune in tomorrow starting at 9am PT as we stream trailers, gameplay, and an exclusive interview with the narrative team!"

kikkis

What difficulty are you going with? I usually start with normal, but its long time before mp release so might try something else.

How was mw2019 on veteran?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What difficulty are you going with? I usually start with normal, but its long time before mp release so might try something else.

I usually do pretty easy mode just to see the story and sweat in MP but since I have a week to complete it might bump it up a little this time

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Going Normal then doing Realism/Veteran for second playthrough.

Reactions: Isa

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
IGN is doing something an hour before release. Might be worth a watch to kill the time:

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II's campaign drops on October 20, so tune in tomorrow starting at 9am PT as we stream trailers, gameplay, and an exclusive interview with the narrative team!"
Edit - So far its just the already seen trailers on repeat

Their stream is up

Last edited:

splattered

Anyone think they will re-write the ghost story this version? He's always been huge for their brand/merch etc ... may be even more valuable if they change the story this time around and make it canon.

clarky

Gold Member
WOW this looks incredible.

Edit: Or it did, Completely crapped out my card restart hopefully sorts it lol.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Hey i am new

i know this game is not supported on the steam deck.
Just checking IF i buy this game now on steam base version...

Do i get campaign unlock early or is this some bullshit uberversion wank ?

Top Bottom