• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Modern Warfare 2022 Campaign Thread

splattered

What difficulty you guys setting this at? I haven't started yet but i'm staring at the difficulty selection screen right now haha

I'm skipping MW2, don't give a shit about the campaign and the multiplayer beta was a dud.

I'm a Warzone player first so thankfully that's free. I wish the weapon camo unlocks had their own challenges just for Warzone players instead of multiplayer based challenges but at the end of the day, I really couldn't care less about weapon camos or operator skins since that's not why I play this game. All I want for Warzone 2 is a RANKED PLAYLIST and I'll be more than happy. I'm taking that $69.99 and putting it towards God of War: Ragnarök.
I did exactly that, cancelled my psn preorder and put the 75$ on ragnarok. This will be 39.99 within a month

clarky

Gold Member
This looks fantastic.
I did exactly that, cancelled my psn preorder and put the 75$ on ragnarok. This will be 39.99 within a month
2019 is still $60. Unless this "bombs" a la vanguard (unlikely) you'll not be seeing this on sale until next year if at all imo.

Enjoying this for what it is so far. The campaigns are the video game equivalent of a Big Mac.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sadly this campaign triggered my vertigo after about an hour or so so looks like this will be the first campaign I wont finish in quite awhile.

Luckily MS already let me refund my Vault Edition as maybe I picked up a used copy down the road if I get the desire to play MP but usually when I sit down to get some MP shooter in I would rather play Hell Let Loose

Pretty disappointing as I really wanted to play this campaign

NickFire

This looks fantastic.

2019 is still $60. Unless this "bombs" a la vanguard (unlikely) you'll not be seeing this on sale until next year if at all imo.

Enjoying this for what it is so far. The campaigns are the video game equivalent of a Big Mac.
I bet it will get at least a modest discount around Black Friday. How much will depend on how it does of course.

Also, I haven't seen any of the campaign. But I did play the beta and loved the aesthetics / modern setting. And the core MP gameplay is the same fun as always. I think this one will blow Vanguard numbers out of the water. I enjoyed my time with vanguard, but it definitely suffered from the atrocious character designs and weird setting.

HTK

Banned
Sadly this campaign triggered my vertigo after about an hour or so so looks like this will be the first campaign I wont finish in quite awhile.

Luckily MS already let me refund my Vault Edition as maybe I picked up a used copy down the road if I get the desire to play MP but usually when I sit down to get some MP shooter in I would rather play Hell Let Loose

Wwwhhhaaatttt, I know you were looking forward to this. No MP either just Warzone 2?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I wish they were selling just single player much cheaper. I've not played cod since Modern Warfare reboot.
I don't want to install their launcher so I might get them on ps5 cheaper some day

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Wwwhhhaaatttt, I know you were looking forward to this. No MP either just Warzone 2?
Just seems to be the campaign messing with me as I played about 12 hours of the beta with zero issue.

I really look forward to playing WZ2 and can't wait to see how DMZ plays out

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm pretty sure the last one I played was "Advanced Warfare", which...wow, must have been a long time ago. It was the last game I played with my buddy before he passed away. I still remember hanging out in a little mini "tunnel" on one of the maps together right before we quite the game. It'd be weird to go back to that map now.

But has the gameplay changed much since then, or does it still play the same with minor tweaks? Not dissing what clearly works, just curious.

Have you tried turning the various blur
Options down, or off ?

apowhungo

Playing on veteran and there's no hit markers by default... love it. Great grounded feel overall so far even if Ghost's mask is cringe.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah tried all that.

Anymore its when the way the camera moves in games when I am not controlling it that triggers my vertigo and oddly never does affect me in MP
Thats weird. But i know what you mean usually upping the fov sorts it for me.

Im about 2 hours in and loving it. Slow ramp up of the story shits about to go down.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Oh man, sorry to hear. Maybe the pc version and change the view window.

Hope you get to enjoy it at some point.

Chiggs

*****MAJOR GLITCH DISCOVERED IN AIRPORT LEVEL*****

In the airport level, the developers forgot to give the enemies weapons, and so all they do is run away from you screaming. I've even tried different difficulty settings--SAME THING! I think I must have killed at least 500 of these ding-dongs!

I really can't believe the devs missed this humdinger. I mean, Holy Toledo...

Got a copy coming through via intel software program (on 28th October) but I’m very tempted just to drop £60 on it. I know it will be good.

Feels like a greatest hits of modern warfare so far (not going to say why, to avoid spoilers)

Kinda digging it though and just found a gold weapon. Pretty sweet looking 😎

Like the banter options, for when moving about locations 👍

Chronicle

I'm skipping MW2, don't give a shit about the campaign and the multiplayer beta was a dud.

I'm a Warzone player first so thankfully that's free. I wish the weapon camo unlocks had their own challenges just for Warzone players instead of multiplayer based challenges but at the end of the day, I really couldn't care less about weapon camos or operator skins since that's not why I play this game. All I want for Warzone 2 is a RANKED PLAYLIST and I'll be more than happy. I'm taking that $69.99 and putting it towards God of War: Ragnarök.
Get a job and play both.

Isa

Does anyone know if you can play the campaign in 3rd person or is it just MP?
I haven't seen any option for it, seems like its just for MP.

My only gripe so far was fixing my password for my account. It was made so many years ago, my dumb ass maybe didn't save it anywhere(I normally always do) so when trying to set up 2FA I kept getting stuff wrong. A right pain in the ass the setup is, though finally getting it fixed was a relief. Played up to mission 4. Its good so far. Stealth/set-piece heavy so far, but enjoyable. Some nice references to past events. I'm a bit relieved finding more guns in campaign. I sooooooo hope the Oden or whatever its called is in the MP, my favorite gun ever in CoD.

Top Bottom