• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Modern Warfare 2022 Campaign Thread

HTK

Banned
Get a job and play both.
Money is not the issue when it comes to this hobby for me. Time is. I love shooters and that genre is my most played, I know what I’m looking for in a shooter and the current state of Call of Duty multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired.

I love Warzone and if it weren’t for Warzone Call of Duty would be dead to me.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Beautiful game and running flawlessly in 120hz on PS5. I'm 33% in and will continue first thing when I get up in the morning.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Btw I had a recurring glitch on Dark Water where the game would crash. Resetting the level fixed it : )

Isnt this games cutscenes all in CG? 💀
(havent played it yet)

Yea. As Ive said the ingame graphics dont impress me much other than the excellent lighting. But the scenes in between missions are like beyond any facial animation I have seen.

clarky

Gold Member
Btw I had a recurring glitch on Dark Water where the game would crash. Resetting the level fixed it : )

Yea. As Ive said the ingame graphics dont impress me much other than the excellent lighting. But the scenes in between missions are like beyond any facial animation I have seen.
I thought the textures are fantastic so far, on pc at least. One of the best looking and performing games ive played.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
This makes a big difference for graphics:

I've set FoV to 104, cause it seems like the sweetspot on current-gen consoles.

Didn't change color profile in PS settings.

jaysius

Banned
This makes a big difference for graphics:

I've set FoV to 104, cause it seems like the sweetspot on current-gen consoles.

Didn't change color profile in PS settings.

That guy cares alot about being on council, I'm not sure which council he's talking about.

People absolutely destroying words brings me limitless pleasure, thank you for that laugh.

Hopefully that guy gets on his council and gets some speaking lessons.

NickFire

I'm pretty sure the last one I played was "Advanced Warfare", which...wow, must have been a long time ago. It was the last game I played with my buddy before he passed away. I still remember hanging out in a little mini "tunnel" on one of the maps together right before we quite the game. It'd be weird to go back to that map now.

But has the gameplay changed much since then, or does it still play the same with minor tweaks? Not dissing what clearly works, just curious.
Honestly, it’s mostly the same. But that’s why it endures. I don’t mean to throw shade at it.

One big difference though. 120 FPS. Smooth as glass.

Is Farah in this or nah.

Amazon Prime Smile GIF by The Boys

//DEVIL//

I am guessing because they are in-game videos? my fans stop spinning when they are playing lol.

However, this game is really amazing. graphically and gameplay story-wise, it's like playing a movie kinda suspense.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Is this on par with 2019 campaign? What I've seen on streams seem underwhelming.

Gameplay-wise I would say the campaign is much better than 2019. Every level has its own gimmick that makes it interesting to play, distinguishing it from prior cods while expanding upon earlier ideas It also has the most stealth of any cod campaign which I’m a big fan of. There’s a ton of variety.

Story-wise its not nearly as tight or believable as 2019. It borders on goofy at times and is perhaps overly ambitious in the same way MW2 was when compared to CoD4.

Mossybrew

On PS5, anyone know what the scoop is with Fidelityfx CAS? If it was a simple improvement youd think it would be enabled by default, which it is not, leading me to think there must be some tradeoff involved. I cant really tell a difference myself.

If these games had a huge sale I would buy them, but not 70 bucks for a campaign, since I don't play online anymore. Sucks man, I would have played the campaign (even Vanguard)

jaysius

Banned
Obviously spoilers but in 4k 60 game looks really nice

This kind of makes me sad, it reminded me that there used to be 2 tiers for gaming, and having a good gaming PC got you the "real" or "good" version of any given game, and consoles were stuck with a dumbed down borefest. It's awful that consoles took over as the dominate sales and now every version is dumbed down.

It do be like that, I pity the rubes that buy a fancy PC just to play the latest COD, and I'm sure that's a small number but you know those people exist... such a waste of computing power.

njean777

Didn’t even know this came out today, downloading now and will start it up tomorrow. Hopefully will finish it over the weekend.

Sub_Level

My overall MW campaign rankings would be:

MW2
CoD4
MW2019
MW2022
MW3

I really appreciate how much stealth they integrated this time. It didn’t always work well but it wasn’t the same old shooting gallery. Favorite levels are the convoy chase & the Spain lighthouse. Also wow this had a genuine traditional boss fight.

decisions

Has anyone been able to set up gyro aiming for this game on PC? I spent a few hours on it, but I’m fairly certain there is a bug in this game where after a minute or two since closing Steam Controller Configuration, the gyro will become slow and choppy. When it works it feels so good, such a tease…

GenericUser

First thing that is immediately noticeable... Pop-in is still as bad as in the beta even in the campaign. On PS5 Btw.
shit, I really thought they would fix that for launch. Maybe the did for multiplayer maps and this is just a single player issue. Fingers crossed.

Hey i am new

i know this game is not supported on the steam deck.
Just checking IF i buy this game now on steam base version...

Do i get campaign unlock early or is this some bullshit uberversion wank ?
on consoles, it's the regular version that you have to buy (digitally though), to get early access to the campaign

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
On PS5, anyone know what the scoop is with Fidelityfx CAS? If it was a simple improvement youd think it would be enabled by default, which it is not, leading me to think there must be some tradeoff involved. I cant really tell a difference myself.
Enable on-demand textures (auto) and fidelityfx - set it to max (100).

This will give much cleaner textures, especially at over 100 FoV and 120hz.

I did exactly that, cancelled my psn preorder and put the 75$ on ragnarok. This will be 39.99 within a month
No it won't... Hate to piss on your Cornflakes bro.... CoD will NEVER be on sale within the first few months. Hell, even MW2019 is still 60 bucks retail.

So yeah, just buy it or don't. But waiting for this to drop is like waiting for that straight piece in Tetris. It will happen, but way too late...

Would you guys make up your minds please. Trying to decide if I should buy this on SX or Ps5 (or at all) but all comments read like these: one says it looks amazing the next says it's worse than 2019.
Is this on par with 2019 campaign? What I've seen on streams seem underwhelming.
No, it's way below. The campaign feels cheap.

Unbelievable looking single player on PS5.
The 3D audio is great as well.

The campaign is like a fast moving action movie.

Not sure how it looks so good with its engine, unless it uses a different engine for the campaign

Chiggs

Story-wise its not nearly as tight or believable as 2019. It borders on goofy at times and is perhaps overly ambitious in the same way MW2 was when compared to CoD4.

I think it's a complete mess. Bad writing, dumb scenarios, and generally unbelievable. And then you have moments where the game ludicrously strains for realism at the expense of fun. "OH NO! DON'T TARGET THOSE BUILDINGS! WE DON'T HAVE CLEARANCE FOR THAT!"

Top Bottom