• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Modern Warfare 2022 Campaign Thread

I literally stopped the game at the beginning of that level to come say that it looks pretty damn good.

Can't remember a CoD looking anywhere near this and running this well. And the cinematics are top notch. Story is what it is but serviceable.

Visually it's damn good. The audio on PS5 through my Atmos surround setup running in DTS is pretty amazing in itself as well.
The best way i can describe is how close it looks to real life and not game like, hardly any game does that

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I played about an hour. It’s been a fun game. It’s good to be back in the MW universe. Playing on PS5, so the visuals have been great. The plot feels like it’s building some tension.

GenericUser

Why are you guys praising the graphics so much? It looks really good, especially up close and the gun models are gorgeous as well, but come on. Especially in wide open areas, it really shows that this game is - at heart - still a PS4 game. There are much less details in the distance and the polycount also tanks really hard. I'm currently in a sniper mission and when I look at some vehicles through the sniper scope, it feels like I'm looking at some PS3 models. Not a real issue for me, since the campaign is more or less just a "one and done" affair for me, but it is noticeable.

Just completed the story and apart from a weird no reloading ‘bug’ near the end. Which made things a little tricky and a couple of poorly signposted objectives, I really enjoyed it

It was cod, but almost on a less bombastic scale. Somehow !!!

I actually really liked how the story played out and that the cinematics were the true next gen stars here. (Amsterdam must also be a graphical highlight for cod 👍😎 Like the matrix demo, but more like real life and with less cars)).

Not sure about the ‘new soap’, but it’s always a pleasure to go killing terrorists with the captain and is Gaz slowly turning into Lewis Hamilton ? 😂

It does feel that depending on your play style and the difficulty level, there will be a few ways to tackle the various levels and challenges. Perhaps more so, than any previous modern warfare.

And dear god …..

No Russian !!!! 😬

The king is back 👑

Last edited:

thatJohann

Why are you guys praising the graphics so much? It looks really good, especially up close and the gun models are gorgeous as well, but come on. Especially in wide open areas, it really shows that this game is - at heart - still a PS4 game. There are much less details in the distance and the polycount also tanks really hard. I'm currently in a sniper mission and when I look at some vehicles through the sniper scope, it feels like I'm looking at some PS3 models. Not a real issue for me, since the campaign is more or less just a "one and done" affair for me, but it is noticeable.
Agreed. So many areas with sparse details in the distance and a sea of repeating textures for the ground. I was surprised they left it like that. It definitely shows its roots and how they had to make it work with the original Xbox One VCR from 2013.

MH3M3D

Just finished the campaign... The story this time is the most ridiculous one ever. The main enemy of the game (no spoilers) is Iranian, yet he mostly speaks arabic throughout the game... WHY?

You have Iranians, working with Russians, arabs and a mexican cartel "-_- They might as well add the Chinese and Nazi's if they don't bother to make any sense.

Am I also the only one that thinks the character Ghost is created for 12 year olds that think having a skull mask is cool? And don't get me started about the accents in this game. They're soooo over the top. I get that some are english, scottish, american, but they lay it on SO THICC. The gameplay at least has some variety in it, but still this is the most forgettable campaign ever.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Reached the Amsterdam level, looks so good... I'm not a huge fan of COD's campaigns normally, but having a lot of fun with this one so far, feels real good man.

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
That stupid goddamn car chase level. Fuck that level forever. I musta tried to hijack that stupid APC a dozen times. Kept throwing me off.

Otherwise, I enjoy this campaign a lot. I like that they mix it up, despite me hating the racing level, I love that it's there. You also get a sniper mission, a crafting (what) mission, and then of course some default run & gun moments too.

Looking forward to the multiplayer.

skneogaf

I've tried to play the modern warfare pc campaign in preparation for this but it hitches randomly every few seconds.

Does this campaign have any performance issues?

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Not as random as you might think! They are doing a Warzone mode where you gather materials and craft. So they didn’t just make those assets & mechanics for one mission :)

Oh sweet, I never did much warzone. The times I tried I was getting rekt in the first like 3 minutes pretty considerably by snipers from god-knows-how-far-away. I may give Warzone 2 a shot.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Does this game still have infinite enemy respawn

Naw. There might be one or two parts in the game like that (I personally cant remember any) but its not like old cods which constantly kept respawning soldiers until you advanced forward. If you kill a few soldiers somebody will usually say “clear” and you will know its safe to move.

Oh sweet, I never did much warzone. The times I tried I was getting rekt in the first like 3 minutes pretty considerably by snipers from god-knows-how-far-away. I may give Warzone 2 a shot.

I didn't get into the last Warzone either. This game has Ground War which is like a mini Warzone with infinite respawn. I won't play any mode where I die, then become a spectator or rely on my teammates to bring me back. If you didn't play the beta, you may want to try Ground War when the game comes out.

dorkimoe

Naw. There might be one or two parts in the game like that (I personally cant remember any) but its not like old cods which constantly kept respawning soldiers until you advanced forward. If you kill a few soldiers somebody will usually say “clear” and you will know its safe to move.
Ok. Cool thanks. The old ones were so frustrating on veteran with infinite respawns

I miss finding collectibles in the campaign

I hear you, every time I found a laptop out in the wild I thought it was "Intel" that I needed to collect. All these years of playing COD has me trained like a circus monkey Looking for collectibles. There are 3 safes to find but I only found one in my original playthrough, so I will search for them when I play it again on a harder difficulty.

Matt_Fox

In terms of guns I dont usually use shotties in multi-player but judging by the single-player the Bryson 890 is going to be a beast.

It's the shotgun with the AR style magazine, pretty much one shot kills everything.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I have a lot of problems with the campaign. Let me list them real quick
- The game crashed 4 times
- The game is lagging heavily for atleast 10 sec when you die and respawn
- The graphics look like proper shit, even worse than MW 2019 no joke (textures are super low res, super low polygons, flickery shadows, average lighting, low draw distance, pop in and noisy reflections). This is all on pc maxed out at 4K btw!
- The animations are worse than MW 2019
- The campaign is also average at best
- The mission where you chase those trucks and jump from truck to truck is really frustrating
- Why are they still using pre recorderd video's for the cutscenes? Its super annoying going from 4K100+fps to low res 30fps low bitrate video.

Those are all my issues with the game. Thank god i buy COD only for its MP, because the SP is just average at best. The graphics did disappoint me, i was expecting alot more from this.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
How do I open the container in Spain?
avatars-000171827536-fu8j6k-original.jpg

DOW

Well, I refunded my “preorder”. I played through “Alone” and it just wasn’t pulling me in.

I don’t think it’s a bad story/campaign but I just felt underwhelmed the whole time. Graphically it was really hit or really miss for me (Series X).

This will be the first COD since COD2 I’m not playing at release. Feels weird, man.

SpokkX

My first CoD campaign since CoD 2 on 360 release. expected linear and really casual (no thinking required). And yeah it is

.. but those production values and variation + good gunplay makes it fun still. I can see now why casuals eat this up

Top Bottom