• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Modern Warfare 2022 Campaign Thread

Kagero

Wow! Best COD campaign by far for me. So much variety. I can see myself going back and playing this again. Never felt this way about a COD game ever. This one is fresh throughout and feels more like a stealth FPS more than a mindless run and gun game. One of the best SP in a while for all genders. Really impressed.

Yep, cod has always been one of the best games of the year. Only reason people shit on it is because its more popular and “western” then whatever magical girl jrpg they are playing. Im mostly being facetious, but seriously the cod games have always been excellent, and a you know, people think it gives them gamer cred to hate things like minecraft, call of duty, fortnite, and ea.
I like magical girl jrpgs too. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I like magical girl jrpgs too. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Same. Hopefully they add more anime skins. CoD Mobile recently got Motoko Kusanagi.

D0-C3-D559-12-F6-47-C7-A21-B-D0-EDE83-FB337.jpg

Problem is Infinity Ward likes to put real-life facial capture models in their game instead. But anything is possible.

Last edited:

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Just finished the SP. Not sure how I feel about the ending, and all the crafting that’s involved in the story. Definitely had a hard time in the “Alone” mission.

Sub_Level

The ending fight reminded me of Metal Gear 2. Snake has all his weapons taken away and has to craft a makeshift flamethrower (aerosol spray + lighter) while hiding from Big Boss.

Bought it for ps5 since I have Pulse headset as well as for the dualsense but I'm worried I may regret this when DF/nx gamer take a look and it turns out Series X has a resolution advantage. I don't know if it will or not but the image isn't exactly "stable" in many scenes on ps5. Like the Amsterdam city scene- lots of artifacting and image breakup. Makes me wonder if ut uses reconstruction on ps5. I was also hoping the multiplayer would improve because it was definitely softer than SX by all accounts during Beta.

Oh well ...too late to turn back now. I'm a graphics whore though and hate regretting a purchase because I was too impatient to wait for proper graphics comparisons.

I will say it looks good in general but I don't think it looks better than mw 2019 on SX. In fact that mightve looked even better as I remember the image quality being pristine.

Last edited:

decisions

Loved the campaign and thought it was among the best of the series. Characterization and mission variety were taken to a new level here. However the final mission goes from being one of the absolute best in the series in 1st half to what is certainly the worst gameplay segment in the game for the final fight. And I liked the “Alone” mission.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

bloody hell i didnt know anyone could play the campaign early if they preorder! i just thought "influencers" got a early copy! 😆 could have been playing it over the weekend!

chigstoke

Mixed thoughts on this campaign.

I did enjoy that it wasn’t all run and gun, the stealth bits definitely took a bigger part, but at the same time, I think the stealth in the game wasn’t ‘memorable’. Having to guide ghost with the cameras was just a boring ball ache to me.

I do appreciate the variety in the campaign locale wise. You have the Middle East, Amsterdam, Spain, USA, Mexico, the oil rig.

I sort of get pulled out slightly at the thought of working with a Mexican cartel and it playing a part in an American made missile being in enemy hands. However, this is Call of Duty. We’re long way past CoD 4 levels of grounded campaign. So i guess it’s important to take as it is really.

Overall, enjoyable enough, but preferred MW19’s a bit more. Can’t wait to get my hands on the multiplayer this coming Friday.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Eeh ofc i am a lot older now when the first modern warfare games game out.
But this campaign was way fucking worse then the cold war one.

The convoy
The stupid air tag game
Mediocre narcos shit.
Boring big field to snipe and walk dumb distances.
Cod crafting xD

Only epic mision was oil trig but that one was way to short

Dude this game was pretty meh.
Let’s hope this zombie leak will make it worthwile for me.
The campaign was always just a small snack 🤣

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Finished on veteran earlier today, was only a handful of difficult areas, now I'm just clearing up a few acheivements I missed.

I think some can not be obtained currently though as they look like spec ops/co op only ones.

I really enjoyed the game a lot, except one mission, where you're flying in the sky and screen is mostly black and white, I found that mission pretty slow/dull.

But the rest of the game is excellent/really high quality.

Chiggs

I'd love way more of the AC130 Spooky overwatch. Love that stuff.

The gimmick stuff is always more fun that the normal levels.

Was it really an AC130? It looked like it had jet engines.

Edit: Nope, you're right. It had props.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Alright that ship mission on the Gulf of Mexico was fucking awesome. Containers sliding everywhere, intense shootout, crazy weather… That’s how it’s done.

Fire.

Wish these guys did a full blown single player game and really fleshed it out. Give me a 20 hour third person war game

Last edited:

GenericUser

Last edited:
He's just there for the 12 year olds. I don't mind him. I think you're going to roll your eyes hard at a future story development though LOL
So I beat the game, and let me tell you, I was absolutely rolling my eyes. The original MW2 campaign was so much better than this it's not even funny.

It's honestly shocking that the current Infinity Ward team went from making the Infinite Warfare campaign to this.

chixdiggit

I'm over 3/4 done and have really enjoyed it so far. I haven't touched a COD campaign in years so maybe that's why. I even liked the convoy mission, goofy action packed fun.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

Sony may have extended that deal - but 2025 or 2026 seems like a safe bet.

Disappointing, guess we will be waiting longer.
Ms playing long game for sure then. Also makes it easier to say with a straight face that nothing will change with the acquisition.

But the second the deals are over, expect all Cod games on gamepass, and exclusivity of the best new cod games.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
But the second the deals are over, expect all Cod games on gamepass, and exclusivity of the best new cod games.
Yeah this is where the commissions comes into the picture. They can essentially disrupt CoD ever going to GamePass if they see it as disruptive for the video games business.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Yeah this is where the commissions comes into the picture. They can essentially disrupt CoD ever going to GamePass if they see it as disruptive for the video games business.

I dont think ms would want to buy Activision at all if this was the case, certainly not at that price. I assume though ms did it's diligence.

I thought the campaign was awesome but i also think i got overly excited about the alone mission and how it introduced new things that i was hoping for in the upcoming DMZ mode

6-7 is probably about right unless you really love stealth missions then I could see someone rating it higher.

Side note - They should unlock the weaponsmith and maybe even the firing range for those of us who completed the campaign and let us build our unlocked weapons ready for day one :)
I can't say I disagreed with any of the criticism in the review. I'm on my 2nd playthrough now so I can have fun trying different guns and take my time. Also check out different routes/options in the few areas that allow it.

Yes the firing range would be a cool warm up for this weekend. Some people already hacked into the firing range before a patch went out and fixed it, same with some of the camos that leaked. It goes live for me Thurs 9PM (PST) so I can play for a few hours before sleep (I'm too old for an all-nighter).

Ownage

So I beat the game, and let me tell you, I was absolutely rolling my eyes. The original MW2 campaign was so much better than this it's not even funny.

It's honestly shocking that the current Infinity Ward team went from making the Infinite Warfare campaign to this.
They're going to drag out the original MW campaign with many episodes. Good. Enjoy the ride.
That shit was awesome
I played it over and over again. Realism was hard, but not that bad.

GIMME MOAR

Last edited:
They're going to drag out the original MW campaign with many episodes. Good. Enjoy the ride.

I played it over and over again. Realism was hard, but not that bad.

GIMME MOAR
But they are not really dragging it out. I suspect that they will wrap the campaign up with MW3 2025.

Meaning that they will
kill Gaz like CoD 4, kill Ghost like MW2 and kill Soap like MW3.
While also giving us No Russian,
(I know this is the end credit scene obviously so I don't know if they'll be too scared to make it playable but if they do I'm sure it'll be cool.)
The Battle of Washington D.C. and New York as well as some awesome African Missions hopefully.

But overall this campaign is just kind of lack luster compared even to the MW 2019 campaign. Like there wasn't even any missions that felt like real world scenarios other than the Night Vision Raid in the beginning of the game. In MW 2019 they had the Siege of Benghazi and the Raid on Bin Laden. They should have either went more realistic like MW 2019 or over the top like the original MW2. But this in-between kind of gameplay is just boring in a lot of the missions throughout.

Last edited:

flying_sq

I appreciate what they were trying to do with the stealth bits, and the convoy, but I felt like the campaign was way too slow. I hate crafting in video games and getting it stuffed into COD wasn't exactly the best. I'm guessing it will be part of their Tarkov mode. I think 1/3rd of the campaign was stealth missions, and most of the other missions had some stealth elements.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Btw guys remember this is likely getting campaign dlc (heavily rumored, not announced). Shepard will be dead or in prison by the time MW 2025 or whatever is out.

I just hope Alejandro and Valeria come back. At least for one mission like Farah.

Top Bottom