• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD4 PS3 Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zzoram said:
But seriously, the COD4 shots in this thread are gorgeous, why has nobody posted any good Killzone 2 shots for comparison?

Probably because some people want the thread to be about CoD4 and not about KZ2.

tjhooker

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
That's because they cannot attack the PS3 version for being inferior than XBOX version. So move on to the next straw, being KZ2. For the record, nothing on consoles, at this moment, tops KZ2.

Yep.

But you have to admit this looks good for a game developed with 360 in mind.

jet1911

h3ro said:
DSC03071-1.jpg

DSC03072-1.jpg

This guy got the right idea. Pistol only bitches! :p

Das-J

Law of the West
DSC03072-1.jpg

Wow that looks REALLY nice... I might have to cave and get my PS3 early! As a side note, I think this game contends for best lighting of this generation.

h3ro

h3ro said:
There is NO need to post anymore pics that aren't shots of CoD4 running on a PS3.
Kinda funny how that whole thread named "COD4 PS3 Shots" should only have pics pertaining to that game... isn't it?

Mods, can you please clean up this thread or something? Maybe a 'Tard Forum so everyone can practice posting random pics or something.

Oh, as common courtesy, if you are going to link the pics, PLEASE give credit to Adams828 and AVSForums... Thanks to all those that actually want to discuss the pics and not random screenshots and stupid console comparisons...

Read it again people! Come on, keep the crap for the Super Mario Galaxy Official thread...

Mojovonio

Banned
Or you know what would be great?

A THREAD....

ok, let me take a breath....

when you have an epiphany like the one I just had, it takes a toll on you...

Ok, get this,

A thread, that talks about COD4....

and that's it!

NOTHING ELSE!

WOW!!

I JUST BLEW THE MINDS OF EVERYONE HERE.

Who gives a shit if the 360 or PS3 version look or run better. The more people that get to play the game, the better.

Ashhong

Zzoram said:
But seriously, the COD4 shots in this thread are gorgeous, why has nobody posted any good Killzone 2 shots for comparison?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

P.S. there was one linked towards the top of the page.

h3ro said:
Read it again people! Come on, keep the crap for the Super Mario Galaxy Official thread...

The stuff in that thread is far from crap.

Truespeed said:
Why are you posting real photographs taken from the Associated Press website? We want to see screen shots not AP photographs.

:D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
h3ro said:
There is NO need to post anymore pics that aren't shots of CoD4 running on a PS3.
Kinda funny how that whole thread named "COD4 PS3 Shots" should only have pics pertaining to that game... isn't it?

Mods, can you please clean up this thread or something? Maybe a 'Tard Forum so everyone can practice posting random pics or something.

Oh, as common courtesy, if you are going to link the pics, PLEASE give credit to Adams828 and AVSForums... Thanks to all those that actually want to discuss the pics and not random screenshots and stupid console comparisons...

You know that with the quota of bad sony news here, there is also a rule to derail any and all ps3 threads, especially when it is a high profile awesome looking game.

Fletcher

Mojovonio said:
Or you know what would be great?

A THREAD....

ok, let me take a breath....

when you have an epiphany like the one I just had, it takes a toll on you...

Ok, get this,

A thread, that talks about COD4....

and that's it!

NOTHING ELSE!

WOW!!

I JUST BLEW THE MINDS OF EVERYONE HERE.

Who gives a shit if the 360 or PS3 version look or run better. The more people that get to play the game, the better.

Because that other thread isn't as good as this thread no matter how much people will lead you to believe.

tjhooker said:
Yep.

I'll admit, I chuckled.

This is the best looking console FPS in my opinion, and a big part of that was their commitment to realism.

Zzoram

Cerrius said:
CoD4 could very well be the best FPS of the year... fucking amazing.

While COD4 looks good, and probably plays great, Orange Box is a better overall experience (it helps that it's really 5 :lol ) especially for the money.

Orange Box *should* be FPS of the year across all platforms it's on.

Nizz

monkeu said:
Hmmm, slightly better visuals, or a controller that's actually worth a damn for first person shooters and has triggers that aren't mushy piles of shit? Tough choice there... :lol

For what it's worth, IW said that the shooting on the Sixaxis is mapped to L1/R1. Now there's no excuse! :D

mintylurb

h3ro said:
-snip-
Oh, come on man. This is a ps3 thread. You should've known that the thread was going to turn into this mess. the only question was how many pages before the thread gets trashed. This thread should be locked and any new ps3 shots should be posted in the official cod4 thread.

Foil

jet1911 said:
This guy got the right idea. Pistol only bitches! :p

Pistol only matches were a lot of fun in the COD4 beta. Opened the gameplay up quite a bit since it allowed you to move around more without fear of being sniped.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
tjhooker said:
Yep.

This has always been a multiplat being equally developed for 3 platforms. Unless you can give me a video telling us XBOX is the lead SKU? Looks great no matter what.

Zzoram

LiquidMetal14 said:
This has always been a multiplat being equally developed for 3 platforms. Unless you can give me a video telling us XBOX is the lead SKU? Looks great no matter what.

I'm pretty sure COD4 has no lead SKU, and that's why it's not broken on 2 of 3 platforms.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
tjhooker said:
Yep.

This game looks good, but honestly, I do not expect good scores for the ps3 version, it is almost like it is expected.

J-Rzez

FunkyMunkey said:
The stuff in that thread is jizzim soaked towels.

:D

That's what you meant to say? j/k

Anyways, anymore pics from that guy on AVS yet? I'd go over there, but for a forum that people talk about things that are beautiful on screen, that site is an eye-sore...

calder

Looking at those pics I'm reminded that I need to get a good plasma TV. :| My HD lcd is fine and all, but when you see the colours of a good plasma I get TV envy something fierce.

Oh, and grats on yet another quality thread GAF. :lol I'd call for a good old fashion forum cull like we used to have but the blood of the banned would have to be so very deep by this point.

chapel

Banned
Fletcher said:
Because that other thread isn't as good as this thread no matter how much people will lead you to believe.
The only reason this thread went anywhere is because it has PS3 in the title and it became a console war thread. The official COD4 thread is 10x better than this thread, don't believe what anyone leads you to believe.

Nizz

Das-J said:
DSC03072-1.jpg

Wow that looks REALLY nice... I might have to cave and get my PS3 early! As a side note, I think this game contends for best lighting of this generation.

That is some HOT lighting right there, yes sir! :D Damn this game is looking good. Not to sound vain, cause gameplay matters as much as graphics, but the "graphics whore" in me is hyped...

RobertM

Mojovonio said:
Since developers barely show PS3 version of any game, it deserves its own thread, and please just stfu, thank you.

h3ro

Chapel, could you please add the new pics to the OP in the Official Thread as well as giving credit to the guy who took them on AVSforums, adams828.

Thanks

chapel

Banned
Truespeed said:
And all within a few hours. Official Status - achieved.
So a fanboy ridden thread about the ps3 version will become the official thread? Lets see what the mods have to say about that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wow, those CoD4 pictures are damn nice. I think it's for sure one of the best looking games out there, and one of the few games next to R&C that manages to look really great as well as be 60FPS.

For what it's worth, I also think it's pretty safe to say that KZ2 does look better, especially when comparing real direct feed videos and not some shoddy screenshots. It's 30FPS, but you can see where the extra frame time is being used for. It also should not be forgotten how high quality motion blur KZ2 has. That game looks more like high-end CG than any game I've seen yet. CoD4 has this really great 'documentary' look though, which I like as well.

chapel

Banned
h3ro said:
Chapel, could you please add the new pics to the OP in the Official Thread as well as giving credit to the guy who took them on AVSforums, adams828.

Thanks
On it, the thread exploded and so I didn't see all the new screenshots being put up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hope the game sells well and PS3 owners reward infinity ward for not shitting on them.

Truespeed

chapel said:
So a fanboy ridden thread about the ps3 version will become the official thread? Lets see what the mods have to say about that.

This thread is more entertaining then the geriatric material in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom