• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD4 PS3 Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

h3ro said:
HOLY SHIT!

DSC03077-1a.jpg

Again, from adams828 from AVSForum...

Just about to post that. BTW, you seem very dedicated to the AVS forums and this adam dude :lol

the_id

Ashhong said:
Just about to post that. BTW, you seem very dedicated to the AVS forums and this adam dude :lol

That pic looks so real it reminds me of the bombing raid during the start of the Iraq war..

:( :(

but it'll be great being able to experience what it's like...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
AltogetherAndrews said:
Seems like COD4 benefits a great deal from off-screen capture
Yeah, I have to say that the most impressive videos of this game I've seen, have in fact been off screen recorded videos. That's why I made my comment about comparing using direct feed videos.

Still, in any form, the game has some impressive particle effects and for the most part, animation.

Ashhong

the_id said:
That pic looks so real it reminds me of the bombing raid during the start of the Iraq war..

:( :(

but it'll be great being able to experience what it's like...

I imagine that's the point of the game. Intense battlefield realism? =/

h3ro

Na, just wanna give credit to the AVSForums, half the screen shots on this site are from there and none of the guys who take the shots get any credit. Its a good forum with some really technologically inclined minds.

GreekWolf

Wow, that was quick. Apparently, it's fine to mock anything from religion to politics, but sexual orientation jokes are strictly off-limits.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
GreekWolf said:
Wow, that was quick. Apparently, it's fine to mock anything from religion to politics, but sexual orientation jokes are strictly off-limits.

That's kind of a good point actually.

mr_nothin

Banned
GreekWolf said:
It makes no sense to me either....
We can pick at people's imperfections and such but we cant make a fat joke about a fat guy.

:|

Maggot9

Banned
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the PS3 version supposed to look better than the 360 version? Every CoD4 thread I see always has to do with the PS3 version.

Zzoram

Maggot9 said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the PS3 version supposed to look better than the 360 version? Every CoD4 thread I see always has to do with the PS3 version.

Nobody knows for sure. We'll find out in a week.

Maggot9 said:

*jumps out of roflcopter, pulls out hehechute, and glides towards wtfcity*

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Maggot9 said:

There is a review at gamedaily.net that says the PS3 version has better textures and lighting than the 360 version.

GreekWolf

Speevy said:
Who made a joke about a gay or fat guy? I checked the whole thread and didn't see a banned person.
It was nuked from orbit. After all, it's the only way to be sure.

Oh well, no biggie. When in rome...

Maggot9

Banned
Fatghost said:
There is a review at gamedaily.net that says the PS3 version has better textures and lighting than the 360 version.

Sweet, hopefully this will be the turning point where multiplatform games are better on PS3.

Zzoram

Fatghost said:

Which raises the possibility, but at the same time gamedaily.net is no IGN.

the_id

Ashhong said:
I imagine that's the point of the game. Intense battlefield realism? =/

Never played a COD game so wouldn't know how real it can be. It'll be crazy if they manage to simulate realism in COD4. I could imagine the number of people wanting to join the army will just increase. :lol :lol

IW Medal Of Honour on the PSone was my first ever FPS and my favourite until Halo:CE came.

Zzoram

Maggot9 said:
Sweet, hopefully this will be the turning point where multiplatform games are better on PS3.

I always figured that would be around holiday 2008, but maybe COD4 will do it.

Blackface

Banned
The moment people see a PS3 screen of the game they have mysteriously "heard rumors the PS3 version looks better then the 360 one".

Give me a break :lol

Maggot9 said:
Sweet, hopefully this will be the turning point where multiplatform games are better looking on PS3.

Fixed.

Don't get your hopes too high.

Trax416 said:
The moment people see a PS3 screen of the game they have mysteriously "heard rumors the PS3 version looks better then the 360 one".

iawtp

duk

Banned
Trax416 said:

silence!

Speevy

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Wouldn't it be more reasonable to expect both versions to look and perform identical?

Reasonable has nothing to do with wanting one version to be better than the other.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Zzoram said:
Which raises the possibility, but at the same time gamedaily.net is no IGN.

We've been down this road before.

*Remembers Fight Night 3 and how it was supposed to be better looking on PS3*

We'll know for sure in a couple weeks.

I'm not buying this game on release, I'm going to wait for impressions then buy the superior console version.

DCharlie

Banned

... wait, so one company building two versions from the ground up will suddenly cascade down to every other cross platform company from this game on ?

Trax416 said:

Actually, that rumor has been around for a for a while. I first read that paragraph about PS3 excelling in textures, and stuff a few weeks ago.

Choabac

Wow that looks goregous.

For clan/multiplayer I would prefer to get it on PC, but unfortunately for me I have an old PC, so the PC demo runs like ass on my computer (800x600 on low).

So I’m going to buy two versions, a PC and console version. I’ll finish the console version’s single player game, and then return it using the 7 day return policy, and then I’ll stick it out on the PC for multiplayer.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Fatghost said:

It's the only publication out of everyone to make that assertion as well.

Fatghost said:
One of the devs debunked this rumor on the COD4 forums saying that the builds that were being compared between the two were using different visual specs at the time and that the PS3 version was using the latest build. Supposedly both will look identical though. At least that's what he/she said.

f@luS

More than a member.
We will see with some H2H anyway. I think if something may look better in PS3 version, it could be AF.

Anyway , PS3 purchase + 1. I wanted to know before i preorder the 360 or ps3 version, but now its clear ,ps3 +1

watership

Deus Ex Machina said:
One of the devs debunked this rumor on the COD4 forums saying that the builds that were being compared between the two were using different visual specs at the time and that the PS3 version was using the latest build. Supposedly both will look identical though. At least that's what he/she said.

I guess we have to wait for the THIRD Call of Duty 4 (PS3) thread for that confirmation.

f@luS

More than a member.
Deus Ex Machina said:
why not wait for the SP footage of the 360 to be shown, chances are the PS3/360 versions are identical
Because they should be identical, and for once, (ok, 2Nd time, 1st was oblivion...) i will be able to play a multi game on PS3 ( silent console,no crash or Rrod fear = priceless)
i cant wait :)

chapel

Banned
watership said:
I guess we have to wait for the THIRD Call of Duty 4 (PS3) thread for that confirmation.
Is it that the ps3 fanboys are waiting for a multiplatform game to jump on to champion the ps3 for them? I dont own a ps3, but I think it is a fine console and has a lot of potential. Tons of games look great on it and there are more to come. Why does it matter if cod4 looks better or not? Is it so you can pwn all those 360 owners because you have a better console? Its not like we dont have to deal with the rrod issue and no hd optical format.

BTW there is an official thread for COD4, for every platform.

ThirstyFly said:
Quick question guys. Does this have online co-op? That'd be the selling point for me.

No. That's what Haze (or Halo 3, if you're one of those Xbox dudes) is for.

chapel said:
BTW there is an official thread for COD4, for every platform.

Do you really want them to go to that thread? These arguments aren't exactly exclusive to specific threads, so the official thread might be best off on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom