• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD4 PS3 Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
Thanks to avsforum.

DSC03061-1a.jpg

I approve this screenshot! :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
looks fantastic. I loved COD2, but hated 3. Hopefully this will be back on form.

I also hope the single player is up there. I don't play much multiplayer due to time. For that reason I don't have a LIVE sub anymore, so i'll buy the PS3 version of this game just in case the MP hooks me.

Good to know I can buy the PS3 version without worrying too much whether it'll be a crappy port. Other devs take note please!

EGM92

Is the game officially out? I haven't been able to find it in any shops yet. Looks fantastic, How does it run, 60fps?

R0nn

EGM92 said:
Is the game officially out? I haven't been able to find it in any shops yet. Looks fantastic, How does it run, 60fps?

Not out yet, and yes: 60 fps goodness <3

I'm getting the 360 version. Beta was wonderful. Had loads of fun with it.

TEH-CJ

Banned
DemonCleaner said:
well i've got the same problem as he does. the different controllers arn't an issue for me. so what to do now?
the net performance in the beta wasn't that great at times, but on the other hand i really would like to play this with some ppl on my xbl friendlist.

Yea true

just hope the ps3 version isn't laggy online

so far the ps3 online games have been excellent ...but not sure how about multi plat titles would differ.

just read through some of this thread...wow hahha

Anyway, the game looks pretty ace...its not really my thing, but it does look impressive...

Stop the KZ2 comparisons as well...completely different games, and one is comming 6 months later, and prob has a much bigger budget... This looks ace like I said

spwolf

TEH-CJ said:
Yea true

just hope the ps3 version isn't laggy online

so far the ps3 online games have been excellent ...but not sure how about multi plat titles would differ.

why would it be laggy online?

Jonsend

Hmm I'm torn:

+Rumble
+Achievements

PS3
+Free online(I dont have XBL gold)
+Playing a game wont make the console explode

f@luS

More than a member.
Jonsend said:
Hmm I'm torn:

+Rumble
+Achievements

PS3

IF you dont have XBL gold and dont intend to purchase, go with PS3 asap. Online is more than half of the game , so pure & fun.

Jonsend

I think I will go with the PS3, I only have BioShock and Dead Rising at the moment for the 360 - no multiplayer games
I think I will pick up gold with Crackdown and Halo 3 at some point though.

Tom_Cody

I know I will be buying a PS3 for MGS4, but this could be the game that actually gets me out to the store. This just looks incredible.

llTll

Banned
f@luS said:
IF you dont have XBL gold and dont intend to purchase, go with PS3 asap. Online is more than half of the game , so pure & fun.

this is very true. i my self thinking of buying the PS3 version because i can play for hours without worrying about the system.

HOWEVER. if the Xbox 360 version is better [ smoother, better texture etc etc] then i will get the 360 version

llTll said:
this is very true. i my self thinking of buying the PS3 version because i can play for hours without worrying about the system.

HOWEVER. if the Xbox 360 version is better [ smoother, better texture etc etc] then i will get the 360 version

Worrying about the system is so lame are you a big girls blouse or what?? If its going to go its going to go, better to go sooner rather than later anyway as it will get the heat sink fix.

I'd get the version that you have a greater chance of playing/meeting people, particulary your friends online, for me thats the 360.

I'll get the tripple version because of free online(don't have live anymore).
I wish there was a way to use my 360 controller on the ps3 though.

mr_bishiuk said:
Worrying about the system is so lame are you a big girls blouse or what?? If its going to go its going to go, better to go sooner rather than later anyway as it will get the heat sink fix.

It's his money, if he's worried about the console messing up and instead wants the other version it shouldn't be an issue.

SolidSnakex said:
It's his money, if he's worried about the console messing up and instead wants the other version it shouldn't be an issue.

The point is wouldn't it be better for it to go whilst under warrenty so it can get the MS repair rather than nurse it for 5 years and have it go then and have to pay? I mean he's lucky enougth to have a PS3 as well so its not like he wont be able to play any games while it is away!

I cant imagine what is like to be the sort of person to stress of trivial things like "oh my god if I turn it might not work and i'll be without it for a couple of weeks" life is too short!!

Like I said, as it seems both versions are pretty equal, i'd get the verson where you'll more likely get a game against your friends

llTll

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
yeah.. speaking of that.. seeing how they are matching me in Halo 3 with noobs against people with high skills.... i am not really sure i would consider that as a +.

no fix for you

JB1981

beermonkey@tehbias said:
This is the second time you've posted that the PS3 version is lacking ranked matchmaking. Trueskill is such a non-feature, that it's almost pathetic that you'd even post that :lol

llTll said:
yeah.. speaking of that.. seeing how they are matching me in Halo 3 with noobs against people with high skills.... i am not really sure i would consider that as a +.

no fix for you

It also depends on how many games it can pick up with a good enougth connection to you

I'm not entirely sure which version to get either. 360 has a collector's edition and Gamestop here in here in Ireland are offering a free faceplate with pre-orders. Plus, a lot of the people I play with online are 360 users.

However, the PS3 is much quieter. It really should have rumble though.

mr_bishiuk said:
Like I said, as it seems both versions are pretty equal, i'd get the verson where you'll more likely get a game against your friends

Assuming he's played a lot of Resistance, I doubt he'll have much problem with having a good sized friends list to play with. As someone mentioned earlier, this seems like the game the Resistance fans could move to as it's the biggest FPS release on the system since Resistance was released.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
any chance of PS3 supporting mouse/keyboard? I would LOVE to get this for my shiny new PS3, but freaking hate dual analog.

oh, I suppose I should ask before I get myself all worked up. Does this even support 1080i?

DieH@rd

Banned
borghe said:
any chance of PS3 supporting mouse/keyboard? I would LOVE to get this for my shiny new PS3, but freaking hate dual analog.

oh, I suppose I should ask before I get myself all worked up. Does this even support 1080i?
there is no keyb/mouse support for console versions of the game.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
I don't care which version looks better but i want to know because I hvae both PS3 and 360

Will the PS3 version upscale the game to 1080p like the 360 does? This is my major gripe withe the PS3 right now, and while the PS3's d-pad stomps the 360's into the ground the 360 has the PS3 controller beat for control stick placement.

I'm praying the PS3 version is better and runs at 1080p so I can jsutify purchasing somthing other than motorstorm and PSN games.

tiong_fi

BAYUM!

COD4 gets another 10/10

Official Xbox Magazine: 10/10
Official Playstation Magazine: 10/10
Pelaaja: 10/10

I really didn't expect a 10/10 from Pelaaja. :O

Dyno

I have the same concerns tinfoil. Choosing between the two consoles is starting to give me ulcers.

I've got my PS3 with HDMI on a 1080i HDTV.

My 360 (old one) is running component HD at 720p on the same TV.

Is the PS3 version going to take advantage of the slightly better connection and give me a crisper image overall?

spwolf

tinfoilhatman said:
I don't care which version looks better but i want to know because I hvae both PS3 and 360

Will the PS3 version upscale the game to 1080p like the 360 does? This is my major gripe withe the PS3 right now, and while the PS3's d-pad stomps the 360's into the ground the 360 has the PS3 controller beat for control stick placement.

I'm praying the PS3 version is better and runs at 1080p so I can jsutify purchasing somthing other than motorstorm and PSN games.

if you have 1080p TV, it will upscale it yourself.... You wont notice any difference.

spwolf

Dyno said:
I have the same concerns tinfoil. Choosing between the two consoles is starting to give me ulcers.

I've got my PS3 with HDMI on a 1080i HDTV.

My 360 (old one) is running component HD at 720p on the same TV.

Is the PS3 version going to take advantage of the slightly better connection and give me a crisper image overall?

both versions will run at 720p (as they should). Main difference will be the difference between 360 and PS3, which we have to wait to see.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
spwolf said:
if you have 1080p TV, it will upscale it yourself.... You wont notice any difference.

Bullsh1t, ever since I upgraded to a 360 with HDMI EVERYTHING runs at 1080p and it looks awsome.(As do blu-ray movies on PS3) Upscaling needs to be done at the source NOT the destination, HUGE difference for me.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It will be a meltdown if both versions release same day and the PS3 has an edge of any type over the 360 version. The ps3 fans have been taking crap on almost all fronts for months now, don't expect them to hold back. ;)

theBishop

Banned
Woo-Fu said:
It will be a meltdown if both versions release same day and the PS3 has an edge of any type over the 360 version. The ps3 fans have been taking crap on almost all fronts for months now, don't expect them to hold back. ;)

I won't say anything about it :D

spwolf

tinfoilhatman said:
Bullsh1t, ever since I upgraded to a 360 with HDMI EVERYTHING runs at 1080p and it looks awsome.(As do blu-ray movies on PS3) Upscaling needs to be done at the source NOT the destination, HUGE difference for me.

ehm, your 1080P LCD renders everything internally at 1080p. Unless you really have crap TV and scaler is not good at all. I most cases, it wont look better since your TV will have better scaler.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so still no word on if IW put in code to scale PS3 to 1080i? If it does scale to 1080i I'll grab this for PS3. If it doesn't I'll grab it for 360 and send a CLEAR message to Activision that I'm only interested in supporting 1080i gaming on the PS3.

duk

Banned
hmm must buy... getting ps3 soon... so not sure which version to get. not sure i can live without rumble though!

bigswords

Jonsend said:
Hmm I'm torn:

+Rumble
+Achievements

PS3

Solution, rent the 360 version for the achivements and buy the PS3 version for the online (single player looks kind of short).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom