• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty - Introducing Last Stand Media (includes new XBOX podcast hosted by MrMattyPlays And Karak)

wipeout364

I will have to check defining duke out. I liked Sacred symbols but it was too PlayStation focused so I don’t listen to it that often. It would be nice if they could do a multi system podcast but I recognize they are a pretty small operation.

Senua

Added to podcast list sub instantly.

go fuck yourself Greg Miller you spineless sack of shit
2644702-9175347318-Brown.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Awesome. Don't personally listen any more but I love to see Colin doing well given everything that happened. I'll absolutely give a new ACG/MMP podcast a shot.

This could really be the start of something beautiful in games media.

Congrats Karak Karak !

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll haver to check it out.

Sacred Symbols is one of the only podcasts I listen to anymore besides Trash Taste and The Wrestle Special. I've always been a big fan of Colin since the Beyond days.

Indyblue

Back on reeee one time they were talking about Moriarty, and I, being relatively oblivious to internet celebrity politics, simply asked why everyone hated him so much....it did not go well. I like him, for the most part, and listen to his casts sometimes. Good to see him expanding.

Last edited:

Karak

No more Karak for them. Looking forward to this.
If I am defined by a podcast with Mrmatty then...well they should have done so 4 years ago when we did the first:)

I am excited to do a restrictive podcast centered around one console. It requires me to put together and defend stances from both sides(something I love to do with reviews) but with podcasts, and the normal non scored reviews or podcast style reviews we see so often, its not really required by many anymore. I look forward to the back and forth

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If I am defined by a podcast with Mrmatty then...well they should have done so 4 years ago when we did the first:)

I am excited to do a restrictive podcast centered around one console. It requires me to put together and defend stances from both sides(something I love to do with reviews) but with podcasts, and the normal non scored reviews or podcast style reviews we see so often, its not really required by many anymore. I look forward to the back and forth
"when you see that fucking brute show up an he's like dur dur dur" lol. Good stuff man. Giving it a listen now.

Awesome news!

I had an itch that Mr.Matty and ACG would have an Xbox podcast for CLS.
Nice to hear stuff from the side of the ENEMY :D

Good for all involved, ACG rules though? What arbitray reason could the era hive mind have to “cancel” him?

Because he posted on gaf that he was going to review cyberpunk. That’s literally all it took. If they didn’t ban him then, they would have banned him now for sure though for working with Colin.

Looking forward to checking out the Xbox podcast.

SafeOrAlone

Banned

The heart of any great podcast, in my eyes, is the respectful clashing of different perspectives. This sounds great.

Karak

Podcast needs timestamps and topics visible below Matty and Karak.
Podcast needs about 1000 things Those are somewhere on the list.

Also you know what would rock for here.
This is a cool podcast but a lot of people can't celebrate it without dissing on some other place. It would be cool to celebrate what is occurring without remembering an ex-girlfriend. It's sort of trite in my eyes.
Especially since the connection is sort of tangential at best.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Podcast needs about 1000 things Those are somewhere on the list.

Also you know what would rock for here.
This is a cool podcast but a lot of people can't celebrate it without dissing on some other place. It would be cool to celebrate what is occurring without remembering an ex-girlfriend. It's sort of trite in my eyes.
Especially since the connection is sort of tangential at best.

I get what you mean but it is pretty awesome that Colin's gone from being 'cancelled' by the ResetEra crowd and journalists to being in a position to hire names like you and Matty.

Not surprised that people see this as a triumph over certain sections of the industry.

Raven117

Great to see!

Good job to all of them for figuring out how to get this done and put out content that people dig.

Karak

I get what you mean but it is pretty awesome that Colin's gone from being 'cancelled' by the ResetEra crowd and journalists to being in a position to hire names like you and Matty.

Not surprised that people see this as a triumph over certain sections of the industry.
If I told my wife that she is better than my ex's every time we had sex she would stab me.
There is simply no connection to an Xbox podcast and some other forums. At some point we are, and I mean all gamers EVERYWHERE, are going to have to rise above this petulant shit.
In fact, it wholly lowers the worth of continually connecting to that stuff versus celebrating new content as if its fighting the good fight every single time. That would indicate, every single time its brought up, that another side has a good point.

Also if anyone, and I mean this, if anyone thinks me doing a podcast with Matty is a triumph...they are setting themselves up for debasement at an almost herculean level lol

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Back on reeee one time they were talking about Moriarty, and I, being relatively oblivious to internet celebrity politics, simply asked why everyone hated him so much....it did not go well. I like him, for the most part, and listen to his casts sometimes. Good to see him expanding.

Haha yeah I was on that reeeeetard forum back then too and didn't know him either and assumed he was an idiot. Later of course I found out it was the other way around.

Roufianos

If I told my wife that she is better than my ex's every time we had sex she would stab me.
There is simply no connection to an Xbox podcast and some other forums. At some point we are, and I mean all gamers EVERYWHERE, are going to have to rise above this petulant shit.
In fact, it wholly lowers the worth of continually connecting to that stuff versus celebrating new content as if its fighting the good fight every single time. That would indicate, every single time its brought up, that another side has a good point.

Also if anyone, and I mean this, if anyone thinks me doing a podcast with Matty is a triumph...they are setting themselves up for debasement at an almost herculean level lol

Yea I can get behind that.

And hey, you and Matty are my two favourite Youtubers / podcasters outside of Colin so this news definitely feels like a 'triumph' to me 😀.

tryDEATH

Both ACG and Matty make great content, but I just don't associate them with Xbox nor do I see them as Xbox fans.

KF tried the same thing with their Xbox Podcast and it failed, simply because the people doing the podcast aren't really hardcore Xbox fans that are committed to the ecosystem and are biased the way Colin's and KF primary podcasts do.

To really take off you need fanboys to do what they enjoy naturally and these latest Xbox podcats just seem like jobs for which people get cast to pander to an audience that has basically been discarded and disrespected for close to a whole decade and Xbox gamers can see through it right away.

Portugeezer

Damn, my man platinum'd DQ11, I got it a week ago but got anxiety to start it up.

Usually happens with huge games like this.

Anyway, glad Last Stand is doing well, these changes make sense.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
To really take off you need fanboys to do what they enjoy naturally and these latest Xbox podcats just seem like jobs for which people get cast to pander to an audience that has basically been discarded and disrespected for close to a whole decade and Xbox gamers can see through it right away.

I'm a huge fan of Karak/ACG reviews and while I wasn't familiar with Mr Matty before, I'm a fan now. I'm not usually interested in watching videos/podcasts but I just sat through to almost 1.5 hours of their YT video when I normally quit most after 1 or 2 minutes.

As an Xbox fangirl, I am really excited about this partnership. I can't think of anyone I would rather see for anXbox podcast. I would much rather listen to honest and informative takes that we always get from Karak's reviews than raging meaningless fanboy drivel like you'd expect from someone like Timdog

Karak Karak loved the video and look forward to the next one.

Bryank75

Banned
Excellent, Colin banned one of my accounts cause I got pissed with all the Xbox guys in the comments section of the patreon.... but as I inferred, I have a second account subbed to him anyway.

The Xbox podcast will allow that audience to have their side addressed and stop trolling the Sacred Symbols comments, hopefully.

I've been a huge supporter of Colin since the thing happened with Greg and those, I am so happy that he has gone from success to success and ACG is a great addition to the lineup, all quality people that are very passionate and knowledgeable with specific interests.

Top Bottom