• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

El_Chino

urbantrophy13jj2.gif

Also, not concerned about the "rankings", just find it funny because no ones ever posted a "Top 11", we all know why they did, they have an invested interest in SEC team doing well.
Be careful now, Urban left Florida because his "stress level was too high"

God damn it. People overreacted to Ole Miss beating bama and now they're overreacting to UF beating Ole Miss. Yes, when you dominate a quality team like that it probably suggests it wasn't just a flash in the pan, but we still have a lot to prove. Why are some fans so quick to go into delusion mode? Frankly, Florida's new ranking is fucking meaningless, because we're not in that top position where losing can knock us out of the playoff or something. All we need to do is win out and that'll be a tall order. Let's see how we look against Mizzou. At this point it looks like it's a team we should beat easily, but Ole Miss probably thought that coming to the Swamp.

This is exactly how I feel.

It was a great win but I want to manage my expectations.

I still remember going to the South Carolina game in 2012 where they beat them 44-11 and the hype was through the fucking roof. Never again.

Go Gators

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The Tennessee stat for this week:

Of 127 FBS schools, 6 have led by 13+ every game. Florida St, Baylor, LSU, Navy, Temple & Tennessee.The Vols are 2-3. Those others are 20-0.

During halftime of the Georgia/Bama game, I told my fellow Georgia colleagues that at this time next week they will be well on their way to victory while still facing the same deficit.

They laughed, but I was being serious. :/

jjasper

@peteredmiston: 6 teams have taken a 13+ point lead in every game this season:

Temple (4-0)
Navy (4-0)
LSU (4-0)
Baylor (4-0)
FSU (4-0)

Tennessee (2-3)

:sadtrombone

I dont care if this has been mentioned the absurdity of it requires reinstatement.

I'm really looking for UF to have a good, first drive. Don't even care if it ends in points. If it can chew up a few minutes and it looks like we can move the ball against OM, that'll be a good sign. If we go 3 and out our first drive and look incompetent, I think we'll have an idea of how that game will end.

Well, we didn't look good on the VERY first drive, but after that it was smooth rolling for the most part. We picked up 1st downs, kept the clock moving and OM offense on the bench. When they got chances, our D had so much rest they were able to just explode.

I honestly don't remember last time I said, "If we just do these things, we have a chance" and we fucking did them. Maybe there really is something to this staff!

Top Bottom