• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I fanboy some for Utah. They might be decent this year, but always fun to watch, IMO.

Don't pick Rutgers unless you love misery.
z6BgdmJ.jpg

I fanboy some for Utah. They might be decent this year, but always fun to watch, IMO.

Don't pick Rutgers unless you love misery.

I fanboy hard as I'm a proud U of U dropout. Utes are going to be good though. It's more a question if they're going to be good when it counts. Last year we could have easily been undefeated, but instead we chose to hand teams wins they didn't deserve. Kind of been a thing with us the last few years. Pretty much comes down to how consistent Williams is going to be I think. Our defense will be great again.

Someone doesn't have time for GoT.

cdyhybrid

I fanboy hard as I'm a proud U of U dropout. Utes are going to be good though. It's more a question if they're going to be good when it counts. Last year we could have easily been undefeated, but instead we chose to hand teams wins they didn't deserve. Kind of been a thing with us the last few years. Pretty much comes down to how consistent Williams is going to be I think. Our defense will be great again.

Someone doesn't have time for GoT.
Thanks for handing us that punt return TD 💜💜💜

Edit: Never mind. That might not be public and the person who told me probably shouldn't have.
👀

Karl2177

Do I get deluded by the typical Iowa State preseason hype of "we might go to a bowl game" or do I maintain my typical level of cynicism?

Jeff-DSA

Do I get deluded by the typical Iowa State preseason hype of "we might go to a bowl game" or do I maintain my typical level of cynicism?

Always walk the path of delusion for at least 1-2 weeks beyond what you should. It's how college football is best enjoyed.

lush

Fuck Dave Hart for scheduling a GT opener, talk about a lose-lose game. Hoping Lyle Jones bombs this year so we can hire some other bargain bin loser and do this all over again in a few years.

OPPORTUNITY IS NOWHERE

DMVfan123

Banned
Let's Go Hokies!

Just doing Power 5 conferences, don't know much about MAC/WAC/AAC this year admittedly

SEC: Bama
ACC: Florida State
Big 12: Oklahoma State
Big 10: Ohio State
really split between Penn State and Ohio State
PAC-12: USC

Michigan State fan here. I am so excited for college football to return!! Best time of the year! Im just hoping my team makes it to a bowl game after last years debacle.

FyreWulff

I would almost say Nebraska and Iowa State would end up in a bowl vs each other but there's no Big 10 vs Big 12 bowls.

Hobbles

Aggie checking in for the first time. I've lurked for years and really enjoyed the iterations of this thread. I predict we are going to have a terrible season. My beer fridge is stocked in preparation.

I'm a Rutgers fan, and alumni.

Hopefully Rutgizz shows more of a pulse against U Dub this year than last.

Then again having someone who actually can call plays that make sense should help.

ryseing

Speaking of which

4xVUVGG.png

AnsP5XY.jpg

I apologize for my repeated use of caps ITT, but...

#FREEGONDO

I mean, as bad as that sucked, it got Charlie Strong fired so the ends justify the means I guess. But it sucks to have that on our permanent record.

That game ended any defense I had of Strong. I thought he got dealt a shit card with the administration and whatnot, but c'mon dude. You can't lose to Kansas.

andycapps

Fuck Dave Hart for scheduling a GT opener, talk about a lose-lose game. Hoping Lyle Jones bombs this year so we can hire some other bargain bin loser and do this all over again in a few years.

OPPORTUNITY IS NOWHERE

Imagine playing that lose lose game every year.

Aggie checking in for the first time. I've lurked for years and really enjoyed the iterations of this thread. I predict we are going to have a terrible season. My beer fridge is stocked in preparation.
So how much hype do you have for the season and how will you feel when Sumlin is fired?

FyreWulff

Is the Insight Bowl still a thing? We played Minnesota in '09, but I know conference realignment screwed up a lot of those.

It's the Cactus Bowl now and it's Big 12 vs Pac 12 now. The only way Nebraska can play against former Big 12s is if someone from the Big 12 and Nebraska both make it to the playoff. And course the distant OOC schedule against Colorado and Oklahoma.

Which is basically not happening with Ohio State in our conference
and we have to even win a conference title game in the first place

Hobbles

Imagine playing that lose lose game every year.

So how much hype do you have for the season and how will you feel when Sumlin is fired?

No hype. I won't let myself drink any kool aid. A lot of my friends feel the same way. God help me if we actually win our first game. I'm sure all be all aboard the hype train at that point.

I'm not excited about post sumlin. Maybe once some big name coaches get fired I'd feel better, but right now I don't really see anyone we'd want to go after. It would be nice to have a recruiter like Sherman again. He built is that oline that was SEC ready. Sumlin goes after mostly receivers it feels like to me.

Thanks for handing us that punt return TD 💜💜💜

You're welcome.

Utes 2016 season pretty much came down to about 4 plays they f'd in the a so bad beyond belief. We should have beat Washington, Oregon, Cal and Colorado. It hurts when so few plays wrecked what could have been a perfect or 1 loss season... just ugh :(

p.s. I hate you

andycapps

No hype. I won't let myself drink any kool aid. A lot of my friends feel the same way. God help me if we actually win our first game. I'm sure all be all aboard the hype train at that point.

I'm not excited about post sumlin. Maybe once some big name coaches get fired I'd feel better, but right now I don't really see anyone we'd want to go after. It would be nice to have a recruiter like Sherman again. He built is that oline that was SEC ready. Sumlin goes after mostly receivers it feels like to me.

If you win the first game we'll be right near the beginning of this.

eT9sdv8.png

Kevtones

You're welcome.

Utes 2016 season pretty much came down to about 4 plays they f'd in the a so bad beyond belief. We should have beat Washington, Oregon, Cal and Colorado. It hurts when so few plays wrecked what could have been a perfect or 1 loss season... just ugh :(

p.s. I hate you

You're welcome for the free TD on the Punt Return finger touch that resulted in an uncontested score (Oregon game). Also, thank Eugene's dumbfuck mayor for banning Uber which pushed Carrington to drive home that night he got a DUI and transferred to your school.

And man Oregon was reaaaaally shit last year.

Carrington is obviously also to blame. You'd think having to miss the national championship game over a bowl of weed would've helped him learn some modicum of restraint when it matters but nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom