• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoneM

Coach Willingham at Utah is able to put together some very good teams, he's a very good coach, but he won't win the Pac 12 except on very rare occasions, he just won't. He's like the Bill Snyder of the Pac 12.

Also, I'm obligated to write and say Willingham after Utah fans threw a fit because ASU fans kept calling him Willingham by mistake at first, but now its on purpose #collegefootball

mittelos

My own mistake I guess, but I watched a few minutes Saturday of the- I guess preseason college game day. Maybe I'm just old man yelling at clouds, but I really didn't think it was possible for Herbstreit to get even more up his own ass. I think he truly believes college football would pop out of existence if not for his hot takes.

You're welcome for the free TD on the Punt Return finger touch that resulted in an uncontested score (Oregon game). Also, thank Eugene's dumbfuck mayor for banning Uber which pushed Carrington to drive home that night he got a DUI and transferred to your school.

And man Oregon was reaaaaally shit last year.

Carrington is obviously also to blame. You'd think having to miss the national championship game over a bowl of weed would've helped him learn some modicum of restraint when it matters but nope!

bruh

Oregons got some competition for worst Jersey of the year this year, and in week 1!

DIUmqyeVYAEallK.jpg

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status...-all-maize-uniforms-first-1928-florida-gators

If we lose at least we'll look fucking good doing it.

Lunar15

Just found out that my regular bar here in Boca Raton will be host to the Lane Kiffin Show this season.

As a member of CFB-GAF, I feel it is my solemn duty to attend.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Alabama is win-win this Saturday, if they win the SEC, they're in the playoffs. So losing this game will only put a fire under Saban's team to play the sec schedule out and win.

please let us win Alabama

Also; happy to see the thread

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama is win-win this Saturday, if they win the SEC, they're in the playoffs. So losing this game will only put a fire under Saban's team to play the sec schedule out and win.

please let us win Alabama

Also; happy to see the thread

This is for 2007

Even though that game is completely wiped from the recordbooks on both sides

Westonian

Also BYU v. LSU will be in New Orleans now. Nice little Home game for LSU

And guess where Harvey is moving next?

Dumb, dumb, dumb. I get the game was never going to be played in Provo, but New Orleans? Did nobody making this decision bother to check the Weather Channel yesterday?

Hi! I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that it has been 2102 days since Michigan last beat Ohio State. Yes, that is two thousand one hundred and two days.

That is all.

3,965 days since Tennessee has beaten Alabama. I love these streaks.

This thread feels like 85% FSU and Ohio State fans.

The former have to get their posts in now, they'll be too embarrassed to show their faces after Saturday.

Limedust

MugiwaraCole said:

The last time Tennessee beat Alabama in football, my 10yo daughter (now in 5th grade) had not yet been born.

tebunker

Banned
The last time Tennessee beat Alabama in football, my 10yo daughter (now in 5th grade) had not yet been born.

My boys have only ever grown up in this world too and it is glorious. This is my reward for having to watch Peyton lead Rocky Top in Legion Field my freshman year. That memory still raises my hackles twenty years later.

andycapps

DL Chauncey Manac transfererring to Garden City CC. Was redshirted as a freshman last year and has obviously never played. Reason for transfer is playing time, so must have seen himself buried on the depth chart that nobody has seen.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My boys have only ever grown up in this world too and it is glorious. This is my reward for having to watch Peyton lead Rocky Top in Legion Field my freshman year. That memory still raises my hackles twenty years later.

The downside is my Dad died about a month after the last time Tennessee beat Alabama. Maybe, wherever he is, he's obviously doing good work keeping those Vile L's going.

As a current student at Tuscaloosa, I'm grateful to be here at this time. Saban is magic.

Balphon

Oregon's discipline problems don't really begin and end with Darren Carrington.

Though it has its benefits. The minor drama surrounding that one time Mariota got a speeding ticket was hilarious.

v73goTs.gif

Feeling sorry for CDY. He doesn't deserve to watch his team get destroyed in week 1, but such is life.

Beautiful.

CDY isn't even responding to us he's so shook.

Rutgers has more fans on this board than Oregon and Washington combined.

THEN WHY DO WE ONLY GET HALF THE COVERAGE FROM THE PODCAST HUH? ARE YOU BIASED AGAINST US? I THINK YOU ARE!

Slo

I'm counting 10 wins this year! Good times are here again!

6 wins for the Gophers, 4 wins for the Illini. :(

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Alright time for college footba..

The downside is my Dad died about a month after the last time Tennessee beat Alabama. Maybe, wherever he is, he's obviously doing good work keeping those Vile L's going.

GrandpaSimpson.Gif

I appreciate the support Floyd, but it won't be an upset when Rutgers wins.
I love you the confidence friend

Beautiful.

CDY isn't even responding to us he's so shook!
Oh yeah I want the CDY/AT feud to begin

Come on CDY.. shoot on AT

I just hope we have a good clean game and both teams play hard
200w.gif

Shoot on him CDY..

I'm counting 10 wins this year! Good times are here again!

6 wins for the Gophers, 4 wins for the Illini. :(
Maybe.. 8-8?

Kevtones

Did he smoke it all?

Cliff Harris is sad though.
Dude has CTE apparently... :(

Oregon's discipline problems don't really begin and end with Darren Carrington.

Though it has its benefits. The minor drama surrounding that one time Mariota got a speeding ticket was hilarious.

When Helfrich handled Lyerla poorly I knew something was up. Downhilled from there. Hoping Taggart gets shit clean.

andycapps

End of an era. Nessler is good though.
As much crap as I gave Verne, he was a sportscaster of a different era. One where they allowed themselves to get excited about what was going on.

Nessler is probably a major upgrade in brodcasting ability, and I think he'll do great, but it'll be a little different hearing big SEC games with no Verne.

lush

GrandpaSimpson.Gif
Don't worry, the Shula years will come back around via the cyclical nature of this blessed sport as per the football god's will. The sun will rise over Rocky Top once again as we finally hire somebody that can out recruit us to one title on the one year we don't lose to those jort wearing bastards. All will be right in the world.

Lol, I won't miss Verne. Guy was unbearable, though somewhat entertaining in his senility there in the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom