• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: "What I learned this summer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
RBH said:
Just turned on the game.

Those Maryland uniforms look like they came from Any Given Sunday.

Second time I've heard that. I like the X Wing pilot helmets they unveiled a couple of weeks ago.

exarkun said:
what happened to the U's defense?

Other than looking like the U of the last 8 years? This is about right for them, make some highlight reel hits and plays, but lack any kind of fundamentals what so ever.

That and they're playing a soft zone that Marylands exploiting the shit out of.

cdyhybrid

I Push Fat Kids said:
Technically, neither team has a D1 win.

Also, maybe we won't get the winning steak up to 8 this year...

True, but 0-0 > 0-1!

We'll certainly see...it's our best chance since Tyrone destroyed our program but we certainly aren't back yet.

Is Maryland fucking kidding here? They already have four jerseys, four pants, two helmets and then they wear a completely different uniform for their first game? What the fuck. This is Maryland, and even Oregon would be embarrassed. These would actually be the best of the bunch, too, if they dropped the gold/black and went with some symettry.

JaskoX1

Banned
SerArthurDayne said:
Is Maryland fucking kidding here? They already have four jerseys, four pants, two helmets and then they wear a completely different uniform for their first game? What the fuck. This is Maryland, and even Oregon would be embarrassed. These would actually be the best of the bunch, too, if they dropped the gold/black and went with some symettry.
32 different jersey combinations.

JaskoX1

Banned
390833997.png

Kevtones

cdyhybrid said:
True, but 0-0 > 0-1!

We'll certainly see...it's our best chance since Tyrone destroyed our program but we certainly aren't back yet.

We'll see. The showing against EWU was pretty rough. I think the Nebraska game will be the real measuring stick for you guys' season.

For some reason I'm optimistic about our team. I think we're actually more talented on both sides of the ball, we're just really, really young (I mean Thomas and James are our leaders and Juniors). Perhaps we'll loosen up now that we've blown our perfect season already.

cdyhybrid

I Push Fat Kids said:
We'll see. The showing against EWU was pretty rough. I think the Nebraska game will be the real measuring stick for you guys' season.

For some reason I'm optimistic about our team. I think we're actually more talented on both sides of the ball, we're just really, really young (I mean Thomas and James are our leaders and Juniors). Perhaps we'll loosen up now that we've blown our perfect season already.

Yeah, it wasn't the prettiest thing ever. We had a lot of young players in the game though, and we get a lot of guys back next week. Our best receiver and starting corner both didn't play pretty much, Polk is still recovering from his knee scope, and Price tweaked his knee so he wasn't as mobile. We should be pretty close to full strength next week. And I think our D's strength this year will be stopping the run (since our D-line is pretty nice), which will bode well for the Nebraska and Oregon game. Not too excited to play a team like Arizona, but if we can get pressure better and bring more guys with our starting secondary back out there, we should be alright.

Kevtones

cdyhybrid said:
Yeah, it wasn't the prettiest thing ever. We had a lot of young players in the game though, and we get a lot of guys back next week. Our best receiver and starting corner both didn't play pretty much, Polk is still recovering from his knee scope, and Price tweaked his knee so he wasn't as mobile. We should be pretty close to full strength next week. And I think our D's strength this year will be stopping the run (since our D-line is pretty nice), which will bode well for the Nebraska and Oregon game. Not too excited to play a team like Arizona, but if we can get pressure better and bring more guys with our starting secondary back out there, we should be alright.

I'm only going by stats/recap but that makes sense. The thing that stood out to me was the yardage gained. At least you guys won (unlike OSU, lol).

Interesting on the d-line front. How are your linebackers? Decent right or didn't they lose someone quite good? How's the o-line?

Arizona is a bit concerning but their o-line is 5 new starters (which doesn't bode well against OSU this week).

Do you guys plays Stanford at home?

I have a feeling we're going to be more pass happy this year if only to exploit our speed more. O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom