• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 3 - Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
We're gonna need a name. Can't have you switching allegiances like a Patriots fan.

My dad got his Doctorate from UW, hence a Huskies fan.

I would love to cheer for the Koryo University Tigers, but too many tigers up in here.

JCX

Hells yes. You going to the game or just visiting campus?

Just going back to campus. I know the tickets will be ridiculous so I didn't even bother. I really want to seen the new scoreboards in action, though. They changed the intro video so Sparty no longer leaps from the pedestal and slashes the away team's logo.

Just going back to campus. I know the tickets will be ridiculous so I didn't even bother. I really want to seen the new scoreboards in action, though. They changed the intro video so Sparty no longer leaps from the pedestal and slashes the away team's logo.

Try to get a ticket from an over intoxicated student if you can, the screens are absolutely amazing. For better or worse I actually found my eyes driftIng up to them during play. Lots of advertising, though.

I was bummed that Sparty no longer comes alive and destroys the oppenent's logo. Now generic lightning does the deed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I had made this for a previous Arkansas disaster. Easy fix:

uQE3z.jpg

jjasper

From the lead sports writer here in town:

@geoff_calkins:
It appears that ESPN, CBS, Yahoo have all been working the corruption-in-Memphis-high-schools story. Maybe the BBC and NPR, too. And FOX

@kyleveazey: @geoff_calkins So I hear, too. I'm glad our original stories could bring them to town. :)

@kyleveazey:
@geoff_calkins The counselor I talked to Wednesday told me she has spoken with ESPN.

@geoff_calkins
It's going to be a tough week in Auburn, Alabama.

andycapps

My dad got his Doctorate from UW, hence a Huskies fan.

I would love to cheer for the Koryo University Tigers, but too many tigers up in here.

You could have at least picked a team with a moderate chance of success. :p It's true that we have too many tigers here, though do you have the costume for that already.

Meier

I think we'll beat Wake Forest pretty easily but then again, I've thought that on pretty much every loss to them in recent memory. The fact it's at home should certainly help.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
You could have at least picked a team with a moderate chance of success. :p It's true that we have too many tigers here, though do you have the costume for that already.

I was raised in State College, PA, remember? My options are limited.

It looked better in real life than in this pic. But I was surprised they pulled it off, not shown in the pic is another scarlet section to the left and another grey section to the right, the entire south stands were were red. Maybe Golden has a pic he took and we can get the opposite perspective.

Yeah, I took a couple pics pre-game and right before kickoff. The effect was definitely noticeable, but yeah the gray sections were much harder to pull off than the red ones. Actually looking a the main pic I took again, it doesn't really show off the stands that well.

w9Ghh.jpg

I also recorded pretty much the entire pre-game band performance. Cool that they did the UCF fight song and UCF formation.

ChiTownBuffalo

Yup, the Penn State Tickler was your sleepover buddy. That never ceases to blow my mind. I would have a really hard time dealing with that.

I guess if I lived there longer, it would have porbably freaked me out more.

Or, I'd be a rabid apologist.

Cyan

Banned
3006 posts in Week 2, top 10

Just a boring week of footbaw, and spent most of it playing Planetside.
Well there's your problem right there. What, all the upsets didn't heat up your piss?

Trying to figure out the reason Cyan won. Think he might have used some EPO, some blood doping. Perhaps some fake Hot Piss.

ALL OF THEM

Lonestar

Well there's your problem right there. What, all the upsets didn't heat up your piss?

ALL OF THEM

All the upsets came when I wasn't looking. Nebraska, Okie State, Wincy, and Arky happened when I wasn't looking.

I think we'll beat Wake Forest pretty easily but then again, I've thought that on pretty much every loss to them in recent memory. The fact it's at home should certainly help.

As long as it isn't a downpour like in 2006.

Last year's loss was a matter of Trickett playing for the entire first half, and the team racking up 100+ penalty yards. The loss was our own fault.

Lonestar

Willie Taggart ‏@CoachTaggart
If anyone see any of our players with a ball in their hand, slap it out and bring it to me. You will get to travel with us to UK. Go Tops!

WKU's head coach talking about his teams fumble problems against Alabama. I think I've seen that in a movie once.

Lonestar

Jalston Fowler tore his pcl, meniscus, and mcl. Will be out for the season.

Cyan, don't worry, I won't, no doubt about that.

cdyhybrid

kbohls ‏@kbohls
Texas AD DeLoss Dodds on Big 12: "I don't see us expanding to 12."

RIP Rose Bowl imitation.

"I don't see us expanding to 12 until we expand to 12."

Yeah, I took a couple pics pre-game and right before kickoff. The effect was definitely noticeable, but yeah the gray sections were much harder to pull off than the red ones. Actually looking a the main pic I took again, it doesn't really show off the stands that well.

http://i.imgur.com/w9Ghh.jpg[IMG]

I also recorded pretty much the entire pre-game band performance. Cool that they did the UCF fight song and UCF formation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we always do the opposing teams fight song and formation. For whatever reason they did 2 smaller script Ohios that game instead of the one big one. So the timing with the music was really odd with that.

[quote="Lonestar, post: 41950677"]WKU's head coach talking about his teams fumble problems against Alabama. I think I've seen that in a movie once.[/QUOTE]

In high school our Football coach made whoever fumbled carry around a ball all day during monday. They could never let go, if they did had to go a whole another day. Made me happy I played defense.

Lonestar

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247
Bad news for Gators: Starting LB Jelani Jenkins (thumb) and starting CB Cody Riggs (fracture foot) both out against Vols.

Surprised I'm not seeing more gloating Vols here.

Arky_YOLO_medium.gif

Piggus

If I got stupid reception on campus on gamedays I would post a lot more. I usually cant post until 5 or so if its a noon kickoff.

AT&T is one of the sponsors at Autzen and I still don't have a signal for most of the game. :p It would be nice if they at least had WiFi or something. I usually manage to get one pic on Facebook before kickoff but after that it's hard to even check scores from other games.

w7aYM.png

AT&T is one of the sponsors at Autzen and I still don't have a signal for most of the game. :p It would be nice if they at least had WiFi or something. I usually manage to get one pic on Facebook before kickoff but after that it's hard to even check scores from other games.

http://i.imgur.com/w7aYM.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

They bring in extra cell towers on gameday, but that doesnt do shit.

cdyhybrid

Jordan Wynn done with football. RIP Utah's contender potential in the South.

I can barely get reception in Husky Stadium too, and it's 10 minutes from downtown Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom