• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
A humble tribute to the legend...

Z8vmlEk.jpg

nampad

I would have thought Sony could keep things closer to their chest, I mean didn't Micorosft have no clue Sony planned to reveal on February 20th?

A release date would be pretty strategic information anyway, since you're going to scoop up a lot of undecided consumers by being first on the market.

How close can you keep essential information for your retail partners/third party publishers?
Retailers have to plan for the launch and third parties also need to develop with new sdks and know about the launch date for their games. If october is true, it isn't that far off anyway.

How close can you keep essential information for your retail partners/third party publishers?
Retailers have to plan for the launch and third parties also need to develop with new sdks and know about the launch date for their games. If october is true, it isn't that far off anyway.

This is true.

Well, I guess I need to get myself a tent for october.

qq more

I really doubt we will ever see Dragon Quest on a Microsoft console. Not only do the two seem like a bad combination, DQ has always gone for the most successful system (which looks to be the 3DS thus far).
Not to mention the Xbox doesn't even sell in Japan, and it doesn't look like Microsoft gonna bother much with the Xbox One for Japan's market.

Are you joking, we will see KH on a MS console !

Without the collections, without anyone asking or expecting it, out of the blue ! (literally the PS4 box is blue)
What? What does that have to do with DQ?

We don't need to know who Cboat is and we shouldn't even want to know. The only reason you get leaks is because of his anonymity....

Yep. Trying to internet-detective him out, if successful, will only damage the conversation on GAF by depriving us of a great source. Not to counter-witch-hunt, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were folks (more on that Reddit, not really on GAF) who want to out him, or get close to it enough that he goes quiet.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Trying to internet-detective him out, if successful, will only damage the conversation on GAF by depriving us of a great source. Not to counter-witch-hunt, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were folks (more on that Reddit, not really on GAF) who want to out him, or get close to it enough that he goes quiet.

Even if he were to get quiet, that doesn't mean that bad stuff will stop happening at MS.

For console warriors, ignorance seems to be bliss.

KoopaTheCasual

Some Digital Foundry article, search for it yourself.

Wow, taking some liberties while quoting other people aren't we? And it's cute that you don't provide a link back to the original comment, because then people would see that you clearly editorialized his original question, to make him look worse. Great job, guy.

Even if he were to get quiet, that doesn't mean that bad stuff will stop happening at MS.

For console warriors, ignorance seems to be bliss.

I think some folks have the rather Straussian viewpoint that problems aren't the problem, common knowledge of the problem is the problem.

In essence, that the Xbox One's issue isn't all of the actual shit that has gone wrong with it and pissed off the gaming community, but rather that poor PR has happened and that people like CBOAT have poisoned the well.

That attitude couldn't be more wrong.

Wow, taking some liberties while quoting other people aren't we? And it's cute that you don't provide a link back to the original comment, because then people would see that you clearly editorialized his original question, to make him look worse. Great job, guy.
Wow, some guys just want to find enemies everywhere.

1) I don't post link to his question, because I quickly copy-paste quote tag. It is hard to quote another user in editor window.
2) What the editing of question everybody talking about... lol... It is "!", which came from previous quote. Is it really THAT outrages? C'mon, people.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wait wait wait. not long ago cboat teased a reversal that we'd hear about in september, then later clarified that it was definitely NOT the removal of kinect. now, hes saying that it IS a potential removal of kinect and he couldnt wait till september to tell us. am i the only one who sees conflicting information in his messages? has this been discussed?

also, a potential kinect-less version of xbone has really sucked some of the wind from my sails. i'm not a motion gaming fan. never saw much of anything in value in kinect 1. however, i was excited for the possibility of kinect 2.0 mainly because it was packed in with the system. i felt like we'd actually get terrific support for navigating the console, interesting ways to improve real gaming, and yeah, even a decent motion title from time to time. now though, there are rumors that if it doesnt sell well, we'll see a kinect-less sku early next year - potentially killing the amount of kinect support we'll see in the future. i don't want to spend 500 on something i'm banking on only to have MS backpedal once again shortly down the road and offer a much cheaper alternative.

i get how attractive that would be to consumers - if they offered a choice when the system launches i'd definitely go kinect-less. but i dont want to be lied to that the xbox and kinect are inseparable only to see that they are down the road.

Dlacy13g

wait wait wait. not long ago cboat teased a reversal that we'd hear about in september, then later clarified that it was definitely NOT the removal of kinect. now, hes saying that it IS a potential removal of kinect and he couldnt wait till september to tell us. am i the only one who sees conflicting information in his messages? has this been discussed?

also, a potential kinect-less version of xbone has really sucked some of the wind from my sails. i'm not a motion gaming fan. never saw much of anything in value in kinect 1. however, i was excited for the possibility of kinect 2.0 mainly because it was packed in with the system. i felt like we'd actually get terrific support for navigating the console, interesting ways to improve real gaming, and yeah, even a decent motion title from time to time. now though, there are rumors that if it doesnt sell well, we'll see a kinect-less sku early next year - potentially killing the amount of kinect support we'll see in the future. i don't want to spend 500 on something i'm banking on only to have MS backpedal once again shortly down the road and offer a much cheaper alternative.

i get how attractive that would be to consumers - if they offered a choice when the system launches i'd definitely go kinect-less. but i dont want to be lied to that the xbox and kinect are inseparable only to see that they are down the road.

Pretty sure the consensus of the CBOAT interpretation was that no kinect less sku coming this Sept or any time in the launch window and at earliest would be March / April and will vastly depend on how MS fairs coming out of the holiday & Q1 2014 sales wise.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Calling CBoaT

What say you to the LoL on console rumor? That why their moba was canned?

"...And they cried out to Him, lamenting.

'Where art thou? Surely, if thou art a just God, thou will not leave us in such agony!'

And no answer came, and they became angry with CBOAT, and began trashing up the place, saying,

'Verily, CBOAT is not the son of leaks! He is only drunk bish!'

And Pachter did say unto CBOAT,

'See? They will abandon you the moment that you cannot provide them the insider information they crave. They love you not. They only love your information.'

And CBOAT said,

'r jus not trithfacts$. U willC.'"

Gaf 3:9

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pretty sure the consensus of the CBOAT interpretation was that no kinect less sku coming this Sept or any time in the launch window and at earliest would be March / April and will vastly depend on how MS fairs coming out of the holiday & Q1 2014 sales wise.

the consensus of this cboat post, yes. but, he previously flat out denied that the spetember reversal would not be kinect related. now he states otherwise. odd.

i trust cboat, but what he's recently posted is directly conflicting with each other

'Where art thou? Surely, if thou art a just God, thou will not leave us in such agony!'

And no answer came, and they became angry with CBOAT, and began trashing up the place, saying,

'See? They will abandon you the moment that you cannot provide them the insider information they crave. They love you not. They only love your information.'

And CBOAT said,

The moment of reckoning is upon us.
May CBOAT save us all.

RedAssedApe

Banned

And CBOAT said,

lol keep them coming

And CBOAT said,

Holy shit this is GOLD.

the consensus of this cboat post, yes. but, he previously flat out denied that the spetember reversal would not be kinect related. now he states otherwise. odd.

i trust cboat, but what he's recently posted is directly conflicting with each other

I'm confused about this myself. Maybe something lost in translation?

Deitus

Well he acknowledges that it contradicts what he has been saying up until now, and explains that everything he has heard in the last 24 months has supported the fact that Kinect will be a mandatory pack-in for every console. So a possible Kinect-less SKU seems to be something he is just recently hearing about, and is likely yet another response to backlash and disappointing sales numbers (meaning it wasn't even being discussed as a possibility up until very recently).

But I agree, it doesn't make sense that this would be the September surprise. He had been teasing that for months, saying that it wasn't a Kinect-less SKU, and that such a thing would not happen. So if he didn't believe a Kinect-less SKU was possible, what was the reversal that was supposed to be revealed in September, and why is he talking about the removal of mandatory Kinect as if it were the same thing? Did the other reversal get cancelled? Were they planning on a less severe backtrack for something related to Kinect, but now the Kinect-less SKU trumps that?

fiyah

And CBOAT said,

Aemn myB orthre

Sez

I'm confused about this myself. Maybe something lost in translation?

There is no conflict.

First Microsoft was determined to die with the Kinect 2 just like they was determined to implement their DRM.

Then rumors started about a kinectless-x1 because people over the world still dont like the xbox one and preorders are really low.

Then he said he was going to say something in september (the kinectless-x1 in march) but he is allowed to say it now because there is enough "smoke".

This means that the rumour is already widespread in microsoft and she is not at risk by leaking the rumour to us.

There is no conflict.

First Microsoft was determined to die with the Kinect 2 just like they was determined to implement their DRM.

Then rumors started about a kinectless-x1 because people over the world still dont like the xbox one and preorders are really low.

Then he said he was going to say something in september (the kinectless-x1 in march) but he is allowed to say it now because there is enough "smoke".

This means that the rumour is already widespread in microsoft and she is not at risk by leaking the rumour to us.

But in a previous post he said the sept. surprise was not about a Kinect-less SKU, right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73667413&postcount=442

Maybe the thing being removed that will wow and amaze us is not the Sept. surprise?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

And CBOAT said,

Amazing

jayu26

And CBOAT said,

These are the gospels of Cboat as written by prophet ctkayedisto.

Theecliff

Banned

And CBOAT said,

Shhhhh

xbox one subreddit will think we're a cult or something

they mustn't know of the secret order of the buttocks

Minions

This is not the first time Microsoft has mismanaged a product and the marketing around it. Windows 8's vision has also been forced on everyone (no windows 7 products offered at retail outlets?) Hopefully the Xbox One better merges TV and gaming, unlike how Windows 8 tried to merge Tablets and PC's. Microsoft just recently started to 180 on windows 8 by finally adding features which required paid-for programs to make function (which should have been included at launch) There is no reason you should not be able to boot directly into desktop mode.

If Kinectless SKU is true then they will still have a (slight?) foothold on the market as far as motion gaming is concerned. However the market will still be just as splintered as with the PS3 (or PS4) with the PS Move.

It is honestly odd (and surprising) to see Microsoft on the backfoot. Curious how they could be caught so off guard. Sony honestly changed nothing (other than charging for online) from the last generation, and bumped the specs (as they had last generation). Other than the architecture change nothing should have been surprising about what Sony's strategy has been. Perhaps it all comes down to Microsoft thinking Sony was going to release a year(?) later than they actually are.

But in a previous post he said the sept. surprise was not about a Kinect-less SKU, right?

I believe so but someone should find the relevant posts

Perhaps his September surprise was the SDK info?

I had the feeling it was more software/App related then anything else

Maybe there is more to come?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I would have thought Sony could keep things closer to their chest, I mean didn't Micorosft have no clue Sony planned to reveal on February 20th?

A release date would be pretty strategic information anyway, since you're going to scoop up a lot of undecided consumers by being first on the market.
The amount of people 'in the know' to do a press conference would be much smaller than the number of people who would have to know about a release date. the more mouths talking about it, the easier it is for microsoft to hear.

All we've watched all summer are Microsoft desperately trying to play catch up with Sony and making wholesale panic changes left and right. What would be in any way odd about yet another reversal? CBOAT's not the one making these decisions.

Sorry, I'm totally going to be this guy right now but...

I don't understand. Is this a joke? I clicked the thread and thought "Oh someone is probably making fun of some bullshit rumors that have been posted from some European site" but nobody is acting like it's a joke. Unless this thread is comprised only of sarcastic understanding? Like, I can read it. I understand the content, but...like...what? I was laughing along with it until it seemed like it might not be an entire joke. What is the purpose of this...er...style?

It reminds me of that ancient World of Warcraft thread about "SUM DURIDS IS BAER. STRNG BARE DURID NO HAVE NINNERVATE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom