• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun thread to read. There's some powerful denial going on in here from "XBOTTLES". Even about non-buttocks things like PCs being used by Microsoft in place of consoles at E3.

did you mean to quote someone else?

No? I'm joining in the discussion about MGS titles being exclusive, your post was one of the last in the chain and was relevant to the point I was making.

I agree that an MGS main-line title would never go exclusive again, but I'm not so sure that's the case with spin-offs like MGS:R.

Tookay

Because Kojima did it with Metal Gear 1, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Metal Gear Solid 4?

Yeah and? Times have changed. Games as ambitious as MGSV cost too much money to make to reserve to one platform, unless the developer is the platform-holder.

BadWolf

No? I'm joining in the discussion about MGS titles being exclusive, your post was one of the last in the chain and was relevant to the point I was making.

I agree that an MGS main-line title would never go exclusive again, but I'm not so sure that's the case with spin-offs like MGS:R.

Not going to happen, that would be a big blow Japanese fans.

Yeah and? Times have changed. Games as ambitious as MGSV cost too much money to make to reserve to one platform, unless the developer is the platform-holder.

Spreading them around also costs money though. It all boils down to how many sales you think you can get versus how much dev costs for multiplatform.

That or platform holder moneyhats their port.

Not going to happen, that would be a big blow Japanese fans.

That's why I was wondering about how well the game did financially, tbh. I know it got a popular reception on here, but did it do well in the market?

I don't think it will be an existing franchise anyway, more likely to be a new IP.

jayu26

MGR (Metal Gear Rising, there is no Solid in the title) did poorly compare to the "Solid" series. The only reason it charted NPD was due to PlayStation version, which outsold 360 version like 4 or 3 to 1. In Japan it was not even released on 360. That is the reason it does not make sense to make it Xbox exclusive.

BadWolf

That's why I was wondering about how well the game did financially, tbh. I know it got a popular reception on here, but did it do well in the market?

I don't think it will be an existing franchise anyway, more likely to be a new IP.

According to wiki:

Shortly after its release Hideo Kojima mentioned having been pleased due to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance selling well around the world but did not share numbers.[126] During its first week, the game topped Japan's Media Create and Enterbrain Japan charts list selling 308,681 units according to the former and 335,791 units according to the latter.[127][128] During its debut in the United Kingdom it was the second best-selling game following Crysis 3.

The game was PS3 exclusive in Japan.

btkadams

oh sorry, i just hadn't said anything about mgr so i was confused.

MGR bombed on the 360 so theres no way in hell Microsoft would moneyhat it for XboxOne
also with MGSV coming to both PS3 and 360 im sure Kojima is done making things exclusive

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Using that particular term is a bannable offense.

Check out the junior dropping knowledge bombs. I did not know that, nor have I ever heard that term lol. To Google! Edit: oh I get it it's a bot pun and thus a shill accusation? Fun police are out in force today :p (jk good call mods don't ban me). Fry.jpg bish, got it

Nikodemos

Check out the junior dropping knowledge bombs. I did not know that, nor have I ever heard that term lol. To Google!
It's a CBoaT-ism. You'll find it in the OP, in the very first truthfact. Bish has decreed that anyone (apart for CBoaT) using it shall receive a swift kicking in the slats.

Man, the XBL and the LoL community together...

ii8uvy2uu4ckrk4bvr.gif

SHADES

Check out the junior dropping knowledge bombs. I did not know that, nor have I ever heard that term lol. To Google! Edit: oh I get it it's a bot pun and thus a shill accusation?

I believe Bish mentioned earlier in the thread that using it was "probably" banable!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fun thread to read. There's some powerful denial going on in here from "XBOTTLES". Even about non-buttocks things like PCs being used by Microsoft in place of consoles at E3.

"Xbottles" is a new one. Not quite on the same level as Sony Ponies, though. :p

Arkos

Ok you gotta tell me what this gif is from, makes me laugh my ass off for no reason.

Apparently the gif is way funnier than seeing it in context lol, I'm not sure what it is tho. But don't get too excited

Arkos

"...and he was banned, and he cried out,

'My God? Why have you forsaken me?'

And CBOAT showed no mercy, but stood beside bishoptl, saying,

'uca nt ues that wordonly m3s onie p0nyy.'

And he wept, as he was cast into the lake of fire."

GAF 4:15

ffdgh

'uca nt ues that wordonly m3 sonie p0nyy.'

Lol these are good.

Ovid

Well done sir.

Would've been even more funny it you put the time as the verse.

is this really possible this late in the game? I dont get it..

TruthFact 1 : No live stream because the console firmware is not ready for a 'live' show. System architecture is not yet complete and is still being worked on.

Arkos

TruthFact 1 : No live stream because the console firmware is not ready for a 'live' show. System architecture is not yet complete and is still being worked on.

Rushing to keep up? Just look at the 360 launch lol

Edit: hell look at how much both systems have evolved from launch for that matter

Kopite

What I don't get about this is what does having a live stream of the conference have anything to do with it? They live streamed E3, what did they have the proper architecture then?

Arkos

Would've been even more funny it you put the time as the verse.

I thought about that because I've been just picking random numbers and avoiding 3:16 lol! Good call, I'll do that

Thanks for the positive feedback everybody, CBOAT threads are fun, I'm just trying to keep em that way.

This is actually a pretty boring info drop I think lol. It's interesting more from a business side, but no ME2 Xbone exclusive or anything.

lol Everyone kept on stating over and over again about how Microsoft is building up in house exclusives and so far all we've seen is a Rare focused on Kinect titles, Big Park working on television bullshit, and Microsoft throwing money around to wayward third parties in hopes that they can secure something, anything, even if it's a timed exclusive.

What I don't get about this is what does having a live stream of the conference have anything to do with it? They live streamed E3, what did they have the proper architecture then?

Good question. I just always assumed this late in the game there was not time to change anything really...

Hrothgar

These need to be bundled into the Book of GAF, lol.

I think this means streaming from the XBO, not a live stream of a conference.

HardRojo

"...And they cried out to Him, lamenting.

'Where art thou? Surely, if thou art a just God, thou will not leave us in such agony!'

And no answer came, and they became angry with CBOAT, and began trashing up the place, saying,

'Verily, CBOAT is not the son of leaks! He is only drunk bish!'

And Pachter did say unto CBOAT,

'See? They will abandon you the moment that you cannot provide them the insider information they crave. They love you not. They only love your information.'

And CBOAT said,

'r jus not trithfacts$. U willC.'"

Gaf 3:9

I fucking shed tears of laughter at work because of this, amazing.

Arkos

It's a CBoaT-ism. You'll find it in the OP, in the very first truthfact. Bish has decreed that anyone (apart for CBoaT) using it shall receive a swift kicking in the slats.

"...and CBOAT went to the crowd, and approached them. And the crowd sang praises unto Him, and those with the most posts sang the loudest.

'Hail CBOAT! King of truthfacts!'

And CBOAT walked through the crowd, and spoke not to the members, but came to a junior sitting in the rafters. And He said unto the junior,

'u r cumC truthfact$?'

And the junior, being afraid, nodded. But CBOAT comforted him, and lay his hands upon him, saying,

'truthfact u r all shudb eliek t1hs jr. He r lis$n, nd teh le3ks hll b his.'

And the members bowed, and knew the truth of His words."

GAF 2:5

Hedge

If he's writing in code to avoid leak detection, isn't it horribly counter-productive to translate his texts, thus making it search-able on the internet?

FinKL

Bravo. For some reason I'm getting Diablo II vibes. I imagined a scene where Cain and Tyrael are about to toss the dark wanderer into the pits of hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom