• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikodemos

If he's writing in code to avoid leak detection, isn't it horribly counter-productive to translate his texts, thus making it search-able on the internet?
Translation imparts the translator's linguistic individuality upon the text, further obfuscating the source, especially if the original post's writer makes a concerted attempt at not writing according to his/her normal 'flow'.

jayu26

"...and he was banned, and he cried out,

'My God? Why have you forsaken me?'

And CBOAT showed no mercy, but stood beside bishoptl, saying,

'uca nt ues that wordonly m3s onie p0nyy.'

And he wept, as he was cast into the lake of fire."

GAF 4:15

"...and CBOAT went to the crowd, and approached them. And the crowd sang praises unto Him, and those with the most posts sang the loudest.

'Hail CBOAT! King of truthfacts!'

And CBOAT walked through the crowd, and spoke not to the members, but came to a junior sitting in the rafters. And He said unto the junior,

'u r cumC truthfact$?'

And the junior, being afraid, nodded. But CBOAT comforted him, and lay his hands upon him, saying,

'truthfact u r all shudb eliek t1hs jr. He r lis$n, nd teh le3ks hll b his.'

And the members bowed, and knew the truth of His words."

GAF 2:5

Dude...
884333_s.gif

Gold_Loot

"...and he was banned, and he cried out,

'My God? Why have you forsaken me?'

And CBOAT showed no mercy, but stood beside bishoptl, saying,

'uca nt ues that wordonly m3s onie p0nyy.'

And he wept, as he was cast into the lake of fire."

GAF 4:15

I swallowed my gum. Good show sir.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
If he's writing in code to avoid leak detection, isn't it horribly counter-productive to translate his texts, thus making it search-able on the internet?

No. Because we are the ones doing the translating. Analysis of his writing style can't be traced back to him.

DigitalOp

Banned
Truthfact is such an awesome ass word. CBOAT really is a legendary poster.

Maybe it's because Im young, but Ive never seen a poster like him/her/thing. Lol

Is there anyone else on the web that rivals CBOAT's stature?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The best way to catch him out if you are MS and suspect him is to feed him some false nugget of information and see if it leaks.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
^^^^^^ look at this guy, breaking gender pronoun conventions (c wut I did thar)

The best way to catch him out if you are MS and suspect him is to feed him some false nugget of information and see if it leaks.

Holy crap, you should make a movie where that happens.

Ok you gotta tell me what this gif is from, makes me laugh my ass off for no reason.

Looks like one of those shows where they set up cars specifically to attract car thieves and once in, they're done. Don't know if that show is on anymore though.

---

To topic, what a mess. I'm sitting the new systems out for a while, but I'd like to see MS get this sorted out, especially with that damned Kinect. Kinect was a bigger negative to me than even the old drm nonsense, so any future price-reconciled Xbox One w/o Kinect will be welcome.

Regardless, just got a cheap like-new Folklore for when I (likely) get a seriously discounted new PS3 in the upcoming sales. Nevermind the major backlog on good ol' 360.

Arkos

o_O

I'm starting to think people who haven't seen CBOAT before have a better perspective lol

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

It's not about the content, it's about the style.

Given an email database and a sample of text, it's possible to rank people as possible authors based on similarities in writing style.

It's not about preventing the leak from being detected, it's about preventing it from being associated to an individual, who would then be fired/sued/whatever.

btkadams

it's not about the information being searchable, it's about the writing style being recognizable.

o_O

I'm starting to think people who haven't seen CBOAT before have a better perspective lol

I think it may be more related to his vernacular. For instance if he was like " There's some wicked pissa news coming out about an upclock to the GPU" Theyd know that it was the guy down in IT from Boston that talks like that.

Hedge

It's not about the content, it's about the style.

Given an email database and a sample of text, it's possible to rank people as possible authors based on similarities in writing style.

It's not about preventing the leak from being detected, it's about preventing it from being associated to an individual, who would then be fired/sued/whatever.

Ooh, I see. That makes sense. Thank you.

I thought they were trying to counter actual leak of information, which is why it seemed odd to me. Thanks. ;)

Arkos

I think it may be more related to his vernacular. For instance if he was like " There's some wicked pissa news coming out about an upclock to the GPU" Theyd know that it was the guy down in IT from Boston that talks like that.

Lol true, I don't think it's really a problem for the reason that you stated, but it is another layer of mystery to the cboat saga

They probably already tried that. But honestly, I think CBOAT is someone VERY high up in the food chain. Like one-step below Balmer, high.

Eh, I think if it was someone that high they would have known more about PoP and Halo during E3. Now trust me I believe in the CBOAT. I think what would be more likely would be like an executive assistant or something though. Usually they have access to a ton of info but may not be in the meetings where removing Kinect 2 would be had.

Dec

I really want a Gaffer going to Gamescom to wear a GAF shirt and mysteriously find a sticker on his back at the end of the night that just says "CBOAT".

I like the theory that CBOAT is the disgruntled wife of a Microsoft higher-up.

Although I don't think we should be trying to figure out who CBOAT is.

I really want a Gaffer going to Gamescom to wear a GAF shirt and mysteriously find a sticker on his back at the end of the night that just says "CBOAT".

Haha, or they enter the bathroom close the stall and when they open the stall after they finish it up C"BOAT was here" is written in steam on the mirror.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I like the theory that CBOAT is the disgruntled wife of a Microsoft higher-up.

Although I don't think we should be trying to figure out who CBOAT is.

This. CBOAT is like the video game version of Daft Punk. It's not the actual person you should pay attention to, but the music (leaks). Thankee Sai for the info and leave CBOAT to his own devices.

wouldnt it be hilarious if hes the janitor and due to people being careless by leaving info where he cleans he manages to leak it
but nah thats too farfetched

Obscured

When I read this I didn't hear a Bostonian accent, I heard Jar Jar Binks. From this point forward whenever I see a CBOAT thread I will hear it all in my head in the voice of Jar Jar.

cyberheater

The other week he answered a question about dead rising 3 being an Xbox one exclusive. He said the game was bought with "our money" implying he works for them. At least that's how I read it.

Interesting. The plot thickens.

mrJared

Banned
What I don't get about this is what does having a live stream of the conference have anything to do with it? They live streamed E3, what did they have the proper architecture then?

They are trying to control the info that comes out. Easier to control any questions from "journalists", rather than letting the public see it live and have complaints spread like wildfire.

Remember to MS, we are all the problem..we overreacted and caused them to remove family sharing...and in some instances, even convinced journalists of this as well.

He/she probably walks into meetings, starts the discussion about the latest CBOAT posting and how they need to find out who the fuck it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom