• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come at me! My dog is the GAFfer's pet most closely resembling Trico

I know we have a pet-pic thread over in Off-Topic, but I thought this might be fun. I haven't played or watched much media of TLG yet (tomorrow!!!), but I've followed at a distance and am loving GAF impressions. And I've always felt Trico bears an uncanny resemblance to my dog, Bundance. Trico seems to be an amazing beast, a cat-bird-dog-thing, exquisitely designed to appeal to animal lovers and owners of a variety of different pets. With her (?) lifelike mannerisms and animation, players are given a sense of a real living creature; so whether it's through physical appearance (as I feel is my case) or through more subtle elements of character and activity, I would imagine quite a few people will feel various echoes of their pets as they play the game. This thread specifically is for sharing and discussing those parities.

Allow me to make my case!

30663764224_70cec68ac6_b.jpg

I struggled to cut this down, supporting evidence can be found on Flickr

Just a word on neatness. I would love it if this thread goes somewhere. On the off-chance that it does, I would respectfully ask that people don't repeatedly quote entire posts full of images. I.E. please pick out the pictures that you like and say something about those. This just helps to limit unnecessary clutter. Thank you!

PLEASE mark
or just don't post
any SPOILERS

I don't know about Trico, but one of my (four) cats is basically Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. Maybe I'll look for pics later.

TheYanger

I mean. your dog is cute but other than being a dog and thus having a similar body type...I don't see any resemblance.

Servbot24

Banned
Uh... Not tryna hate OP, but aside from it having 4 legs, a face, and a tail... I don't see any way that it looks at all like Trico

lol oh my lord. OK :)

In my defence I've only seen bits and bobs of Trico here and there

But I'm still holding the crown. Anyone coming to take it?

Edit omfg Goldrusher

Your dog looks as much like Trico as my jet black Bombay looks like Lion-o from Thundercats.

Sorry, Op. He just looks like a dog.

Also, AMAZING PICTURES, GAF!

Cute dog OP but nah it looks nothing like Trico.

Could be fun to post our pet pics into a variety of TLG scenarios.
But it's too early for that maybe since the game is still so new.

You know.

Actually no, not really! :)

Intention of the thread was exactly what it says on the tin. But bear in mind, I'm mystified that the overwhelming reaction has basically been "Nah." Like, I genuinely think that, species aside, he's a really close match. I was expecting the conversation would sort of go on from there. But it goes to show how utterly subjective these things can be. I've enjoyed hearing people think he's cute though.

Edit

Already posted above. But I forgot to mention this is amazing! I lost it at Robocop.

inki

I've not yet played TLG and it will be a while. I need to be in the right mood. Kind of like some movies for me.

Anyhow, in my opinion my dog looks similar to Trico as well. While the coloring doesn't match, I think her head form (those ears!) looks very similar.

What do you all think?

Trico

The-Last-Guardian-394-Wallpaper-2.jpg

Gretta Puppy

CgOMY.jpg

I've not yet played TLG and it will be a while. I need to be in the right mood. Kind of like some movies for me.

Anyhow, I would say MY dog looks a bit more like Trico. While the coloring doesn't match, I think he head form (those ears!) looks very similiar.

What do you all think?

Trico

The-Last-Guardian-394-Wallpaper-2.jpg

Gretta Puppy

CgOMY.jpg

This actually does look closer

Top Bottom