• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comfort gaming

Jeeves

EarthBound has an incredible warmth to it that I can always count on as a comfort.

Link's Awakening, too, is always a cozy world to visit that I've grown pretty familiar with over the years.

They're both games that are able to completely transport me somewhere else, and they don't ask much of my reflexes so I can enjoy them even when I'm under the weather.

D.Final

Banned
Pardon me if there is a similar thread to this. I've searched and didn't find anything like it.

I've been thinking about comfort food and how some games (or even media) are just like comfort food to me. So I thought about Comfort Gaming.

What is comfort gaming? Games or genres you'll always go to when you're bored or if you want some familiarty. To me, these are mostly arcade games. Something that helps me clear my mind. Older platforming games, arcade racers, Street Fighter 2, Tetris, Guitar Hero, Doom and Wolfenstein 3D, Parappa the Rapper and also lots of beat-em-ups (I guess playing a lot of Streets of Rage this weekend triggered this subject for me). These are games that I almost play on a semi-auto-pilot state. They're very relaxing to me and they make me feel good, just like comfort food.

What are your comfort gaming titles?

Tetris or Indi games

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Dark Souls
Sekiro
Stellaris played on max speed
Bleeding Edge solo
Tekken 7

um...any other game that can result in me throwing a perfecting good controller off my balcony.

I find the rage...calming. I may also have an adrenaline addiction.

Top Bottom