• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Amy Schumer responds to being called out for racially insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a summary of these types of threads on neogaf

some posters: omfg terrible, somethings you just dont joke about and this not funny
other posters: stfu learn to take a joke or u can git out
some posters: nope i love 2 laugh but this jokes aren't funny, very distasteful, very offensive
other posters: patrice oneal video, can't tell jokes anymore without offending someone.jpg
some posters: luol false equivalency, u have no argument butu patrick oneal video
other posters: then jus dont watch this comedy
some posters: oh u think comedians r untouchable and can't be criticize! shameful

and around and around and around it goes!
My God, it's full of stars.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Comedians really shouldn't react or respond publicly to any of this hand-wringing stuff. And dear GOD they should never apologize for it. If it's truly fucked up, they'll surely start to see the fallout personally, but for comedians to become reactionary to these hand-wringers that pop up so often really flies against the idea of comedy.

Infinite

some posters: omfg terrible, somethings you just dont joke about and this not funny
some posters: nope i love 2 laugh but this jokes aren't funny, very distasteful, very offensive
other posters: patrice oneal video, can't tell jokes anymore without offending someone.jpg
some posters: luol false equivalency, u have no argument butu patrick oneal video
some posters: oh u think comedians r untouchable and can't be criticize! shameful

And to think this is all over stuff that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Comedians really shouldn't react or respond publicly to any of this hand-wringing stuff. And dear GOD they should never apologize for it. If it's truly fucked up, they'll surely start to see the fallout personally, but for comedians to become reactionary to these hand-wringers that pop up so often really flies against the idea of comedy.

I wanna see just one comic go ham and escalate one of these situations as far as it can go.

Odrion

Banned

Yeah, at this point just yell into a conch shell and throw it into the ocean.

Kinyou

I guess that's what you get when ask a doctor of history to write an article about a up and coming comic. We really need to start asking people what their humor qualifications are before letting them blather on about who should be offended and who is a "overseer on the plantations."
I asked Dr. Patton how she would feel to find out that people of color laugh at these jokes. She told me that there have always been all kinds of black people, including those who are self hating, or disagree with affirmative action, or were overseers on the plantations.
Holy crap

I swear Comedy Central has been airing Amy's now old special "Mostly Sex Stuff" at least 4 times a month for the past 3 years. Heck its airing right now. People need context of the entire set to understand why her statement wasn't racially insensitive

anaron

Well-thought out criticism is fair and comedians don't necessary deserve a free pass from being critiqued, like anyone else who says anything.

However, understanding context before you critique is equally important and LORD IN HEAVEN AT LEAST WATCH THE DAMN THING YOURE CRITIQUING.
Absolutely agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom