• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 05/11/11. Not the CBS Drama; Monster Husbandry; 8-bit Action Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cbd_05112011.jpg

cbd_header02-1.png

Here is this week's Diamond Comics Shipping List for: Wednesday, May 11th 2011:

cbd_header03.png

Shipping This Week: DC Comics / Vertigo Comics

Spotlight On:
FEB110132 FLASH #12 (FLASHPOINT) $2.99
MAR110276 FLASHPOINT #1 $3.99

YS9Vp.jpg
and
UAImE.jpg

SERIES FINALE. "The Road to Flashpoint" concludes as everything Barry Allen knows and cares about is lost. What is the Flashpoint? Find out in the upcoming FLASHPOINT #1! Story by Geoff Johns, art by Francis Manapul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a dream, not an imaginary story, not an elseworld. This is Flash Fact: When Barry Allen wakes at his desk, he discovers the world has changed. Family is alive, loved ones are strangers, and close friends are different, gone or worse. It's a world on the brink of a cataclysmic war – but where are Earth's Greatest Heroes to stop it? It's a place where America's last hope is Cyborg, who hopes to gather the forces of The Outsider, The Secret 7, S!H!A!Z!A!M!, Citizen Cold and other new and familiar-yet-altered faces! It's a world that could be running out of time, if The Flash can't find the villain who altered the time line! Story by Geoff Johns, art by Andy Kubert.

L7c0K.jpg

B2CI1.jpg

MAR110308 BATGIRL #21 $2.99
MAR110289 BATMAN ARKHAM CITY #1 (OF 5) $2.99
FEB110141 BATMAN INCORPORATED #6 $2.99
MAR110309 BIRDS OF PREY #12 $2.99
MAR110321 DOC SAVAGE #14 $2.99
MAR110388 NORTHLANDERS #40 (MR) $2.99
MAR110324 REBELS #28 $2.99 - final issue of the series.
MAR110304 RED ROBIN #23 $2.99
MAR110310 SUPERMAN #711 $2.99
MAR110393 UNWRITTEN #25 (MR) $2.99

cbd_header04.png

Shipping This Week: Marvel Comics

Spotlight On:
MAR110734 NEW MUTANTS #25 $3.99

PDptN.jpg

Whatever happened to X-Man? Cyclops needs to know and he’s enlisted the New Mutants to locate and capture Nate Grey – by any means necessary! But after being manipulated at the hands of Norman Osborn, just what has become of the unstoppable X-Man…and how far will he go to stay unfound? Story by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, art by Leandro Fernandez.

kjJqt.jpg

skQq3.jpg

9DmF8.jpg

MAR110663 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #660 $3.99
FEB110606 ASTONISHING X-MEN #37 $3.99
MAR110689 BLACK PANTHER MAN WITHOUT FEAR #518 $2.99
MAR110739 DAKEN DARK WOLVERINE #9 $2.99
FEB110577 DAREDEVIL REBORN #4 (OF 4) $3.99
MAR110625 FEAR ITSELF YOUTH IN REVOLT #1 (OF 6) FEAR $2.99
MAR110682 FF #3 $2.99
MAR110674 INCREDIBLE HULKS #628 $2.99
MAR110616 JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #623 FEAR $2.99
MAR110649 NEW AVENGERS #12 $3.99
MAR110744 PUNISHERMAX #13 (MR) $3.99
MAR110716 X-MEN #11 $3.99
MAR110732 X-MEN LEGACY #248 $2.99

cbd_header05.png

Shipping This Week: Image Comics / Top Cow Productions

Spotlight On:
MAR110507 BREED III #1 (MR) $2.99

r6bAF.jpg

“BOOK OF REVELATIONS,” Part One of Seven

After being attacked by some of his fellow ‘Breed, Ray Stoner realizes he can no longer hide from what he is: a monster. He returns to the mystical city Elsewhere and discovers much has changed. The struggle he is unwillingly part of has become extremely more dangerous and the stakes astronomically higher. Story and art by Jim Starlin.

RETAILER WARNING: MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES

DwEBS.jpg

nzDz4.jpg

JAN110597 CHEW #27 (MR) $2.99
FEB110456 ELEPHANTMEN #31 (MR) $3.99
OCT100537 MAGDALENA (ONGOING) #6 $3.99
JAN110613 MICE TEMPLAR VOL 3 #4 $2.99
MAR110528 MORIARTY #1 $2.99
FEB110489 NETHERWORLD #1 (OF 5) CVR A (MR) $3.99
MAR110600 SPAWN #207 (RES) $2.99
MAR110602 UNDYING LOVE #2 (MR) $2.99

cbd_header06.png

Shipping This Week: Dark Horse Comics

Spotlight On:
MAR110033 HELLBOY BEING HUMAN ONE SHOT $3.50

1Ys2K.jpg

A horrible witch and her zombie servant host a dinner party for a family of corpses, and Hellboy and Roger turn up to blast them all back to hell in this team-up story from Roger’s early days at the B.P.R.D.

* Art by Richard Corben (Hellboy: The Bride of Hell, Hellboy in Mexico, Hellboy: The Crooked Man).

* Features an early team-up with fan-favorite Roger!

* Twenty-eight story pages of blood-curdling horror!

“Each comic is able to effortlessly welcome and envelop you back into its strange world filled with odd characters and even odder ideas. I've cherished every one of my forays into the world of Hellboy.” --IGN

cbd_header07-1.png

Shipping This Week: IDW Publishing

Spotlight On:
MAR110447 30 DAYS OF NIGHT NIGHT AGAIN #1 (OF 4) $3.99

Ed3GL.jpg

Fleeing the site of a secondary vampire infestation in the cold, wilds of Alaska, a band of survivors arrive at a climate change facility during the final days of a long period of extended daylight.

The inhabitants of the research compound are trying to determine the nature of a strange object found in the ice when the survivors arrive, leading to a frightening and bloody confrontation between humans and vampires and an odd and unexpected guest! Story by Joe Lansdale, art by Sam Keith.

9c5zj.jpg

FEB110339 FALLEN ANGEL RETURN OF THE SON #4 (OF 4) $3.99
MAR110426 GI JOE VOL 2 ONGOING #1 $3.99
MAR110452 JOHN BYRNE NEXT MEN #6 $3.99
MAR110473 LOVE AND CAPES EVER AFTER #4 $3.99
MAR110504 WYNONNA EARP YETI WARS #1 $3.99

cbd_header08-1.png

Shipping This Week: Antarctic Press / Aspen Comics / Avatar Press / Boom! Studios / Dynamite Entertainment / Fantagraphics / Oni Press / Radical Publishing / UDON Entertainment / Zenescope

Spotlight On:
MAR111278 MASSIVE AWESOME #4 $2.99 - the ad copy for this one alone is worth the price of admission. :lol
MAR111045 TOTAL RECALL #1 $1.99

AeEMy.jpg
and
9usjE.jpg

Ninjas, Robots, a Scottish Luchador, an insane culinary mad scientist, and a guy with toasters for hands - it's been both Massive and Awesome, and it's all been building up to this, the 4th issue of Massive Awesome!

Reveals are revealed to be false reveals. Friends will fall. Enemies will rise.

And things will get weird. When your grandchildren ask where you were when Bacon found out who was setting him up, you're going to want to have an answer! Story by Stephen Lindsay, art by Fabrício Bohrer and Rolf Lejdegard.

Inspired by the hit 1990 science fiction movie, Total Recall. Read the story of what happens next!

Having killed Cohaagen and given Mars an atmosphere, Douglas Quaid (the man who was Hauser) simply wants to live happily-ever-after with the woman of his dreams, Melina. How can Quaid have his happily-ever-after with Mars in chaos, new enemies coming to the red planet, and a mysterious stranger walking about? Check out issue Total Recall #1 to find out! Story by Vince Moore, art by Cezar Rezak.

LtufU.jpg

MUNoW.jpg

JAN111003 CLAW AND FANG #3 (RES) $3.99
MAR111056 DEATH OF ZORRO #3 $3.99
FEB111234 GRIMM FAIRY TALES #59 $2.99
NOV100887 LONE RANGER #25 $4.99
JAN111348 MAGUS #4 (OF 5) $3.99
NOV100895 QUEEN SONJA #16 $3.99
MAR110988 STAN LEE STARBORN #6 $3.99
JAN110919 TIME LINCOLN JACK TO THE FUTURE ONE SHOT $3.99
MAR111050 WARLORD OF MARS DEJAH THORIS #3 $3.99
SEP100822 WOLFSKIN HUNDREDTH DREAM #6 (OF 6) (MR) $3.99

cbd_header09.png

Shipping This Week: Dark Horse / Bandai / Del Rey / Digital Manga Publishing / Tokyopop / Viz / Yen Press

Spotlight On:
DEC100088 OH MY GODDESS RTL TP VOL 38 $10.99

1gE9T.jpg

Ever since a cosmic phone call led five young goddesses to live in college student Keiichi's residence, his personal life has been turned upside down, sideways, and sometimes even into strange dimensions!

Chrono's crusade to recover the remaining piece of the music program runs into a demonic obstacle-Velsper. And speaking of demons, when Hild drops in by surprise on Keiichi's birthday, it's not to give best wishes . . . it's because there's been a coup in hell! Story and art by Kosuke Fujishima.

lEwnp.jpg

FEB111198 INU YASHA VIZBIG ED GN VOL 07 $17.99
FEB111199 MAOH JUVENILE REMIX TP VOL 05 $9.99
FEB111197 SHONEN JUMP JUNE 2011 $4.99
FEB111186 TWIN SPICA GN VOL 07 $10.95

cbd_header10-1.png

Shipping This Week: Archie Comics / DC Kids / Marvel Kids / Bongo Comics / Boom! Studios / Kids' Comics / Electric Milk

Spotlight On:
FEB110748 MEGA MAN #1 $2.99

zuOQg.jpg

'Let the Games Begin!' Part One. The future looks bright when brilliant and benevolent Dr. Light unveils his latest creations: the Robot Masters! But when the nefarious Dr. Wily steals them for his own sinister purposes, there is no one left to stop him. No one - except Mega Man!

Don't miss the first issue of this brand new ongoing series based on Capcom's long-running and best-selling video game sensation! Story by Ian Flynn, art by Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante.

uKG72.jpg

MAR110366 ALL NEW BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #7 $2.99
MAR110636 EMMA #3 (OF 5) $3.99
MAR110678 SUPER HEROES #14 $2.99
MAR110995 DONALD DUCK #366 $3.99
FEB110753 VERONICA #206 $2.99

cbd_header11.png

Spotlight On:
FEB110212 YOSSEL TP $14.99

tyFb2.jpg

In this harrowing yet inspiring "alternate reality" story, legendary artist Joe Kubert explores what would have happened if he and his family never emigrated from Poland to the US in 1926.

Yossel is a fifteen-year-old boy who could have grown up to be a great artist. But in Nazi-occupied Poland, he and his family are deprived of their rights, homes and possessions, and forced to live in the devastating conditions of the Warsaw Ghetto. YOSSEL, April 19th, 1943 is his story, told through Kubert's raw and evocative pencilled art. Yossel's sketches of super heroes ingratiates him to the Nazi guards, but it is through his journal drawn on scraps of paper that he depicts the full horror of his existence.

With great emotional power, YOSSEL draws a dark and brutal reality of ghetto life, of the stories he hears of the concentration camp atrocities, and ultimately portrays the final act of defiance and courage that drives the fatal uprising of the Warsaw Ghetto. Story and art by Joe Kubert.

mbD2E.jpg

J5LAx.jpg

JAN110321 BATMAN AND ROBIN DELUXE HC VOL 03 BATMAN MUST DIE $24.99
FEB110198 DEADMAN TP VOL 01 $19.99
FEB110202 SUPERBOY THE BOY OF STEEL TP $14.99
DEC100636 CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 GARNEY COVER $99.99
MAR110767 NEW X-MEN BY GRANT MORRISON GN TP BOOK 01 $14.99
OCT100684 PUNISHERMAX PREM HC BULLSEYE (MR) $24.99
FEB110037 CHRONICLES OF KING CONAN TP VOL 02 $18.99
DEC100081 EMILY THE STRANGE TP VOL 03 13TH HOUR $14.99
JAN110540 DANGER GIRL TP VOL 01 DESTINATION DANGER $19.99
JAN111320 FIGHTING AMERICAN TP $19.95

cbd_header12-1.png

Spotlight On:
NOV101562 DC WONDER WOMAN BISHOUJO STATUE $59.99
NOV101565 MARVEL MS MARVEL BISHOUJO STATUE $59.99

vqe3d.jpg
and
kTayu.jpg

A KOTOBUKIYA Japanese import!

Celebrating this year's 75th Anniversary of DC Comics, the DC Comics Bishoujo Collection (combining DC's superheroines and villains with traditional Japanese stylings) continues with the prettiest member of DC's 'Trinity' WONDER WOMAN!

Since her comic book debut in 1941, Princess Diana has been an icon of female power, intelligence, and grace. Arriving in 'man's world' from the Amazonian island home of Themyscira, Diana donned a red, white and blue costume to protect the world as Wonder Woman! The timeless character appears for the first time in the Japanese bishoujo (pretty girl) style inspired by Japan's renowned illustrator Shunya Yamashita. Joining the Gotham City duo of Batgirl and Catwoman in the DC Comics Bishoujo Collection, Wonder Woman is truly a force to be reckoned with.

The every-dynamic Amazon stands surrounded by her full panoply of weapons and equipment, ready to face any threat. Dressed in her iconic and colorful costume, the muscular and buxom Wonder Woman shows plenty of skin and looks sexier than ever! Diana holds her magical Lasso of Truth in both hands, ready to capture you and force you to tell her all your secrets.

As with her compatriots, Wonder Woman has an incredible Bishoujo-styled face which is framed perfectly by her flowing long black hair and tiara. Wonder Woman is constructed of high-quality pvc plastic and stands just over 9 inches tall (in the magnificent 1/7 scale) atop an exclusive Amazonian base complete with her spears, shield, cape, and helmet! No Bishoujo collection will be complete without her.

A KOTOBUKIYA Japanese import!

Ms. Marvel stands just over 9" tall (in the new Marvel x Bishoujo 1/7th scale) atop an exclusive display base.

4fB7v.jpg

MAR110806 ALPHA FLIGHT BY PHIL JIMENEZ POSTER $8.99
JAN111466 BIG BOOK OF BREASTS 3D HC (MR) $39.99
NOV101235 BRIGHTEST DAY FLASH T/S LG $17.95
NOV101317 IRON MAN 2 STARK RACING JACKET PROP REPLICA LG PI
OCT101609 WOLVERINE X FORCE STATUE $160.00

cbd_header01.png

Online Retailers of Comic Books & Graphic Novels:

Online Subscription Services for Monthly Comics:

Get Comics Books on Your iPod, iPad & iPhone:

Comic Shop Locator:

cbd_header13.png

Comic Book Resources: DC Comics Solicitations for July 2011
Newsarama: DC Comics Solicitations for July 2011

Comic Book Resources: Marvel Comics Solicitations for July 2011
Newsarama: Marvel Comics Solicitations for July 2011

Comic Book Resources: Image Comics Solicitations for July 2011
Newsarama: Image Comics Solicitations for July 2011

Comic Book Resources: Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*
Newsarama: Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*

Newsarama: Dynamite Entertainment Solicitations for May 2011

Comic Book Resources: IDW Publishing Solicitations for June 2011
Newsarama: IDW Publishing Solicitations for June 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want previews? Then here ya go, courtesy of Comic Book Resources and Newsarama . Enjoy! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final (heh) issue of Flash, Flashpoint, Batgirl, Batman Inc., Amazing Spider-Man, Astonishing X-Men, Daken, FF, X-Men, Breed, Dejah Thoris, Brave and the Bold, and that killer Wonder Woman statue shall be mine. Happy Birthday to me!

Happy reading! :D

Penguin

Gosh just peeking at this week's release, my wallet weeps.

So much Batman, Flash and Spider-man to go around and that's not counting the other stuff I read. And not even through my FCBD pile yet.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I have a pretty good pull list this week so Im excited for tomorrow :)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so cyclops sends the new mutants after nate? all he seems to be able to do is make bad decisions. amazing.

Two promos of note this morning... one:

1305119728.jpg

And two:

On a Flashpoint -related note: from a fan perspective, is anyone else really irritated by DC's advertising campaign for this event? I mean, being subjected on a regular basis to comments like "today the world changes" and "you've never seen anything like this" and such self-important rhetoric, over the last few months have done nothing but dampen my enthusiasm and get my inner cynic going.

devenger

Periodically, I drop in to announce I've quit comics (couple of months now). I was excited about Flashpoint until I saw that it was kind of another AoA storyline.

Then I saw Shade the Changing Man. Demmit.

Always amazed by your OPs, Spike.

notworksafe

Ooh Flashpoint! Gotta get that!

Also getting New Avengers and Batmang Inc. I assume Arkham City is related to the upcoming game?

So didn't the Incredible Hulk end and become the Incredible Hercules only to return to Incredible Hulk and then switch to Incredible Hulks only to end again?

Fucking Marvel lol

Question question. Outside of Morrison's New X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, what has been the best X-Men book over the past decade or so? Looking to pick up a few tpbs and the X-Men has always been my favorite group. Preferably the "core" team or whatever but anything in the "X-Universe" works.

Any recommendations appreciated.

devenger

Sir Garbageman said:
Question question. Outside of Morrison's New X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, what has been the best X-Men book over the past decade or so? Looking to pick up a few tpbs and the X-Men has always been my favorite group. Preferably the "core" team or whatever but anything in the "X-Universe" works.

Honestly, for the past decade or so? I'd say thats it. Xmen was flailing a long time before that. I'd be curious if anyone chose anything after the Siege Perilous. Not even Gold and Blue really did it for me.

edit: I spaced on the "anything in the X-universe" part. A lot of people love Peter David's X-Factor, and notworksafe's X=Statix choice below is solid.

notworksafe

Sir Garbageman said:

X-Force/X-Statix.

I suppose that doesn't count though. :p

vazel

Banned
You can now read Dark Horse's FCBD comics at their digital store. Which defeats the purpose of trying to get more people into comic shops but ok.

Also I just got this email. This is the cheapest discount I've seen for a Marvel Digital Comics code and a phenomenal value.

ultron87 said:
51HQZGBb0nL._SS500_.jpg

My year behind catch up of Batman through collections continues!

I'm in the same boat as you! Been waiting for this volume for a while now! :)

Also: Anyone reading the latest Batgirl series with Stephanie Brown? Is it any good? I just read War Crimes/Games and, to be honest, I'd rather have Cassandra has Batgirl. Stephanie seems kinda lame to me. Cassandra Batgirl, however, was totally badass!

devenger

Blader5489 said:
My love affair with Hickman's FF continues.

Waiting for the trade, currently working my way thru the pre-FF stuff.

Re: Batman and Robin, I loved it. stopped when Morrison got off, and again, waiting for the trade on Batman Inc.

krypt0nian said:
It's all about Flashpoint. Nothing else is a blip.

Flashpoint was kind of a blip.

Certainly more interesting than his GL stuff but I really miss the powerhouse DC of the Mid-Oughts. Reading it all I could think of was how exciting 52, even Infinite Crisis was.

Batman Incorporated, FF, and Punisher Max, on the other hand. Good lord. Comics Explosion.

bengraven

I can't believe I missed free fucking comic book day.

Then again last year was shit and didn't convince me to come back to reading comics.

Was there anything good this year?

BenjaminBirdie said:
Flashpoint was kind of a blip.

Certainly more interesting than his GL stuff but I really miss the powerhouse DC of the Mid-Oughts. Reading it all I could think of was how exciting 52, even Infinite Crisis was.

Batman Incorporated, FF, and Punisher Max, on the other hand. Good lord. Comics Explosion.

Not at all. The holographic meeting of the "heroes" was more exciting than 99% of all books this week. BM Inc, and FF were great as usual.

krypt0nian said:
Not at all. The holographic meeting of the "heroes" was more exciting than 99% of all books this week. BM Inc, and FF were great as usual.

Sorry, I should have preceded that with "In my opinion" as I didn't find the holographic meeting any more interesting than anything else in it.

Sir Garbageman said:

It's not a core title, but PAD's X-Factor has been nothing short of amazing. One of the best books month in and out for the past five years.

I would also recommend Mike Carey on X-Men/X-Men Legacy.

Brian Azzarello pretty much spoiled the last-page reveal of Flashpoint #1 for me in a Newsarama interview last week, though it's not that exciting anyway. (It was pretty obvious after he mentioned
Flashpoint Batman being older than DCU Batman.
)

the chris

Spike Spiegel said:
On a Flashpoint -related note: from a fan perspective, is anyone else really irritated by DC's advertising campaign for this event? I mean, being subjected on a regular basis to comments like "today the world changes" and "you've never seen anything like this" and such self-important rhetoric, over the last few months have done nothing but dampen my enthusiasm and get my inner cynic going.
I agree with you there Spike, this whole thing feels to me to be DC's version of House of M from a couple of years ago.

Sir Garbageman said:

I would have to recommend Rick Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force which just started in October and has a trade out already. As well as Kieron Gillen's run on Uncanny X-Men which just started and it seems really good so far.

Penguin

Really dug Flashpoint, easily my pick of the week, but I want to give a shoutout to Batman: Arkham City which was an excellent read with some amazing art.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Batgirl covers continue to kick utter ass. It's ridiculous.

Will grab these next week (when Amazon has them):
* Batman & Robin: Batman Must Die
* Deadman: Vol 1

Meanwhile, made this big order today:
* American Vampire: Vol 1
* Brightest Day: Vol 1
* Darkwing Duck: Crisis on Infinite Darkwings
* Green Lantern: Agent Orange
* Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns
* Green Lantern: Tales of the Sinestro Corps
* Green Lantern Corps: Emerald Eclipse
* Green Lantern Corps: Ring Quest
* Green Lantern Corps: Sins of the Star Sapphire
* Transmetropolitan: Vol 9: The Cure

I'm strangely picking up Brightest Day even though I haven't yet gotten to Blackest Night. All in an effort to catch up on DCU happenings. This way I can get all Brightest Day in hardcover for shelf continuity's sake. Of course, then I'll start buying GL hardcovers and screw up that section. *shrug*

Well first and foremost FF and Batman Inc were both great reads.

What does everyone think of the artist on this arc for Batman Inc?

I honestly liked Flashpoint a lot. I read the interview with Brian Azerello, but some how did catch on. Really cool ending.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
It's not a core title, but PAD's X-Factor has been nothing short of amazing. One of the best books month in and out for the past five years.

I would also recommend Mike Carey on X-Men/X-Men Legacy.

Get X-Factor. it is awesome.

Now I cannot wait for the Citizen Cold issue. Flashpoint has me hyped to find out all the new changes. And Element Woman too.

Wesley Dobbs
Sandman is back, and Shade the Changing man is in a new comic. What's not to love?

Oh and Milligan is writing Shade in the new Secret Seven? Joy rapture.

Sir Garbageman said:

Uncanny X-Force has been amazing, except for one middling issue. Definite recommend.

Nesotenso

Sir Garbageman said:

I would get Uncanny X-force by Rick Remender. Got launched with a number one and its up

to issue nine now. Love all the X-books but its the best one right now imo.

X-factor and X-force/X-statix would be mine as well, with X-men Legacy mixed in. I liked New X-men too from what I have of it but thats from around the Belasco stuff to the end but I don't really know of anyone else liking it.

I got

Delirium's Party
Brave and the Bold #7
Amazing Spidey #660
Incredible Hulks #628
Flash #12
Flashpoint #1
FF #3
Red Robin #23
Birds of Prey #12
Batman Inc #6
Batgirl #21
New Mutants #25
X-men #11
X-men Legacy #248

Dead

well not really...yet
Sir Garbageman said:

"X-Men" by Mike Carey and Chris Bachalo. Fantastic art and in a way its 90s X-Men done right, done better than the actual 90s X-Men lol. Stand alone stories that feed of previously established concepts, made proper characters of Rogue, Iceman and Cable as well.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Enjoyed Flashpoint and it's last page twist, Batman Inc #6 was the BOMB but the comic book of the week (well, last week) for me has to be the last issue of Doom Patrol. It was a nice series and Giffen handled the cancelling perfectly, I kinda got blue-balled but still.

Why no room for the Doom Patrol in Flashpoint Geoff Johns? T_T

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Spike Spiegel said:
Two promos of note this morning... one:

1305119728.jpg

If this means the end of the red hulks i will be happy

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
krypt0nian said:
Fun little details in this 20 Random Things about Flashpoint - http://www.newsarama.com/comics/20-random-thoughts-flashpoint-1-110511.html
Heh, this no comicsalliance annotations :p Though I'm not sure this is a book that works for this kind of things, Johns writes straightforward stuff.

Liked how FP's Batman has red in his costume instead of yellow, sorta ties with Johns stuff on GL and informs about what that character is about.

Rokam

So if I've never read a comic in my life would I be completely lost if I were to pick up Flashpoint #1? I've been keeping up with the threads on here and the story intrigues me quite a bit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dead said:
"X-Men" by Mike Carey and Chris Bachalo. Fantastic art and in a way its 90s X-Men done right, done better than the actual 90s X-Men lol. Stand alone stories that feed of previously established concepts, made proper characters of Rogue, Iceman and Cable as well.
My favorite x-team of the decade. Its a shame it was so short lived.

Is it wrong that the SECOND thing I noticed about my new Wonder Woman Bishoujo figure after unboxing her, is her deliciously shapely physique?

(The first thing I noticed:
her semi-translucent hair. Neat. :O

Rokam said:
So if I've never read a comic in my life would I be completely lost if I were to pick up Flashpoint #1? I've been keeping up with the threads on here and the story intrigues me quite a bit.
That's a very good question. I haven't read my copy yet, but given what I know about comics I'll say this...

Since Flashpoint is shaping up as a "something's altered reality and it's up to the one guy who still remembers how things are supposed to set things straight by rallying his friends to the cause" storyline, you might run the risk of enjoying this alternate universe so much that when things switch back you'll be left cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom