• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 05/11/11. Not the CBS Drama; Monster Husbandry; 8-bit Action Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's take bets on what parts of Flashpoint survive. It's obviously an Elseworlds story intended to retcon certain parts of the universe. My big bet: Captain Marvel becomes Captain Thunder in the DCU. The wizard will still be around and it will just be billy with "Mary Thunder" and "Captain Thunder Jr." but DC will finally destroy that legal nightmare. I will be sad because I think it's a tragedy, but it seems likely to me.

TxdoHawk

4fB7v.jpg

JAN111466 BIG BOOK OF BREASTS 3D HC (MR) $39.99

129156784547112346.gif

BRB heading to comic shop now
seriously though? Hahahahahahah.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
brucewaynegretzky said:
So let's take bets on what parts of Flashpoint survive. It's obviously an Elseworlds story intended to retcon certain parts of the universe. My big bet: Captain Marvel becomes Captain Thunder in the DCU. The wizard will still be around and it will just be billy with "Mary Thunder" and "Captain Thunder Jr." but DC will finally destroy that legal nightmare. I will be sad because I think it's a tragedy, but it seems likely to me.

i kinda hope captain thunder stays a relic of that tangent. those kids got annoying real quick, and captain planet meets he man motif seems off. i would like element woman to crossover, but i can see her turning rogue if she does.

ZoddGutts

BlueScrote said:
Really enjoyed Batman Inc #6, much more than some of the earlier issues. I love that
they brought back cass cain

Finally. They were wasting her character not doing anything for quite awhile. Should have joined the BoP crew though.

brucewaynegretzky said:

didn't DC's Captain Marvel come first? Captain Thunder sounds dumb. Might as well call him Captain Shazam. I always felt that legal nightmare was bs

vazel

Banned
No way in hell are DC throwing away their valuable trademarks to change the name to 'Captain Thunder'. Only Captain Marvel diehards know that name from the ashcan copy version of Captain Marvel.

vazel said:
No way in hell are DC throwing away their valuable trademarks to change the name to 'Captain Thunder'. Only Captain Marvel diehards know that name from the ashcan copy version of Captain Marvel.

Yeah but its NOT their trademark solely. There is a convoluted settlement with Marvel because Captain Marvel was out of use for a few decades. That's why his titles never have Captain Marvel in them. They'll keep the Captain Marvel mythos, including Shazam the wizard and just billy but my bet is they change him to captain thunder so they can start marketing again without getting cease and desist letters from Marvel.

Parallax said:
i kinda hope captain thunder stays a relic of that tangent. those kids got annoying real quick, and captain planet meets he man motif seems off. i would like element woman to crossover, but i can see her turning rogue if she does.

Wow I loved the new take with the kids. S.H.A.Z.A.M. is a cool concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom