• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been a riot the past few days. Between Messi shooting posts into the void in hopes of reaching us and Zombine posting Quitelyseid again, I've laughed too hard from this place.

Zombine

Banned
What was that Messi stuff all about? I wasn't here for that, whatever it was.

Messi somehow bent the time/space continuum and couldn't see any posts. He then talked to himself for a bit. I'll summarize:

Messi: "It's broke. Halp."
Us: "No it's not?"
Messi: "HELP I CANT SEE POSTS."
Us: "We can see y-"
Messi: "HALP ITS BROKEN!"

Speaking of Quitely, my gf and I went to the bookstore on campus yesterday to pick up some textbooks and got to looking at their comics section. Only TPBs and HCs.

So she's looking through a bunch and then starts flipping through All Star Superman with a disgusted look on her face. She turns to me with this revolted expression and asks, "What's wrong with his faaaace?", pointing to Superman in some random panel.

Damn near had me dying in public.

Messi

Speaking of Quitely, my gf and I went to the bookstore on campus yesterday to pick up some textbooks and got to looking at their comics section. Only TPBs and HCs.

So she's looking through a bunch and then starts flipping through All Star Superman with a disgusted look on her face. She turns to me with this revolted expression and asks, "What's wrong with his faaaace?", pointing to Superman in some random panel.

She speaks the truth. It's the will of the people

Zombine

Banned
negative-zone.jpg

^ Messi

I love the idea of Messi considering his posts important enough to be considered "dispatches", like courier delivered diplomatic messages from heads of state.

Beautiful.

Cheska

Hey, everyone with pending orders from IST: what's your status?

One of my packages shipped out, and the other two have finally had most items picked and scanned. Waiting on like 1-2 books in each order to be fulfilled.

Zombine

Banned

One of my packages shipped out, and the other two have finally had most items picked and scanned. Waiting on like 1-2 books in each order to be fulfilled.

You have made my morning. Now I have to see the status of my books.

Boogiepop

I still just need Hellboy Library Editions 1 and 4 to come in. 1 is in an order where the rest of the stuff shipped with out it a while ago, and 4 is in an order that's still held up with the rest of the Library Editions and the first BPRD omnibus.

Zombine

Banned
I feel like x-statix doesn't have a place in modern marvel anymore. It's too much for marvel to handle. It's too powerful.

The problem may be that it was very much a product of an era that needed X-Force. The advent of new tech, an increased sense of mortality and finality to life stemming from 9/11...I don't know if we need a sequel right now. It would have to be special if it came back.

Messi

The problem may be that it was very much a product of an era that needed X-Force. The advent of new tech, an increased sense of mortality and finality to life stemming from 9/11...I don't know if we need a sequel right now. It would have to be special if it came back.

I think I need to buy that omnibus.

I once bought the X-Statix omni instead of a textbook I needed for class and it was totally worth it. I ended up trading it to a friend tho.
for weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom