• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mnjfymHQhR1rxrnbio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnjfymHQhR1rxrnbio2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnjfymHQhR1rxrnbio3_1280.jpg

Frank Miller's Ronin

Bouns Daredevil

Sure, it starts off innocent enough, then after reading through the Archie catalogue you end up making this:

cmqjljpg

wtf, throwing out my kids sonic comics

The Best of Darkseid on the Couch.

DC should do something awesome and make a collection called that

I was hoping you'd notice that obvious pun. Is there other work from her I should check out?

oh dunno, she had random stuff in the First Class books and Spider-girl..and I think in a Power Pack book we got. Oh and in that Girl comics thing they did..they should do that again. I always meant to buy Small Favors and and Banana Sunday but never did..

Spider-girl..I can't believe I threw those out..shit I think I trhew out my Legion books I gotta go look.

Has anyone purchased comic boxes from bags unlimited? I'm needing to completely overhaul my entire long box set to plastic and it's seems the ones from bags unlimited are cheaper than BWC. I just can't find any feedback online if they're good

Bii

I don't even know if my dispatches are getting through. Help :(

I lol'd. :)

Not sure if I was having rotten luck or not but I ordered some BCW bags/boards off Amazon (as I've done so in the past) and the cut of some of the bags are shorter than what it used to be. I'm able to fit my board in but it's very tight, leaving no room to put a comic in there. I e-mailed Amazon to return it and they sent me another. So, I get the second shipment and the same thing happens! This time, I decided to bag a few more than the last shipment and out of 15 bags, only 4 can be used to fit a comic book in comfortably. *sigh* Maybe I'll just buy some Silver bags and/or Silver boards to ensure that my books fit.

-

Daredevil #6

An Original Sin tie-in. Matt sees flashes of past events insinuating his father had physically/verbally abuse his mother when he was an infant. Matt goes on a search for his mother (Sister Maggie) seeking answers to see if what had transpired was true.

There are some really powerful imagery in this book, especially with the little details that Javier Rodriguez manages to capture. I'm always a bit skeptical when my ongoings are interrupted by whatever events/crossovers are happening but this one isn't so obtrusive given how well it's written. Also, letterers don't get enough credit but I was thinking of this as I was reading Daredevil #6 and Joe Caramagna's work is fantastic. I guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing how he does the lettering on a few other ongoings that I pull monthly (Ms. Marvel and Cyclops) among many other Marvel books.

I wonder what the reading order for Hawkeye is gonna be in the omnibus. Cuz the numbering is fucked, regardless of all the delays. I guess you can break them up into storytelling styles.

"Happy Fun Times with Clint and Kate", pop action comic adventures, Hawkeye #1-5, Young Avengers Presents #5

"aw, Grills, no", Rashomon guest starring pizza dog, Hawkeye #6-11

"Kate's Summer Vacation", pulpy L.A. crime novels/journey of self-discovery, Hawkeye Annual #1, #14, 16, 18, 20

"Clint Barton Gets it Together", Born Again essentially, right down to the cavalry arriving in the final two climatic issues, Hawkeye #17, 12-13, 15, 19, 21-22

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Waid's Daredevil run has been so good, they really knock it out of the park. Always look forward to picking it up, definitely in my top three ongoings currently. I love Samnee's art especially.

Just sent in my ballot too. August was actually a really good month.

Really has been. Haven't read any real letdowns from my pull list. I'm getting to the point where I need to do a small pull list purge, though, which is going to probably be my most difficult one yet, as very few titles are in the mediocre zone that I could safely cut before.

Loke13

So I wanted to get into Hellboy and I wanted to know what's a good place to start. SHe I just start at #1? What are some of the best story arcs?

Bii

Picks for the month sent in! Why is choosing a top three always so stressful?

Messi, I did you proud ;)

I was having a tough time selecting my three as well but I sent my votes in. There were at least half a dozen books that could have made my list.

Next month will probably be easier because of DC's gimmick issues. If it was anything like last year's villains month, only a few were tolerable while the rest sucked.

Edit: If anyone's interested in preordering Funko Pop's Dancing Groot and/or Howard the Duck, they're available on Amazon.com. Credit goes to Diggeh from the Funko OT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127859741&postcount=163

Hey guys! Thanks for continuing our Funko goodness here. To celebrate the |OT| and GAF awesomeness, Dancing Groot and Howard the Duck are up for preorder on Amazon!

Click below to preorder each. Looks like it's limit 2 each. Clever Amazon.

Literally went up seconds ago. Telling you guys first because you're so awesome. :)

Messi

I think I'm over that groot in all forms. Artists on my Facebook have been pounding that design for all its worth since the movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was having a tough time selecting my three as well but I sent my votes in. There were at least half a dozen books that could have made my list.

Next month will probably be easier because of DC's gimmick issues. If it was anything like last year's villains month, only a few were tolerable while the rest sucked.

Edit: If anyone's interested in preordering Funko Pop's Dancing Groot and/or Howard the Duck, they're available on Amazon.com. Credit goes to Diggeh from the Funko OT.

The dancing Groot Scene was one of my favourite in the Movie, need to pick one up for my Comicshelf :D

Pls hold a poll for best-comic-read-last-year. I want to nominate Doom Patrol for 1, 2 and 3. What a ride.

Dorothy. :( . She should have stayed. At least Kay, Cliff and Rebis got a relatively happy ending.

tim1138

Dancing Groot will be mine! Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom