• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

tumblr_m5zfhagXKd1r9c1z7.gif

So there are other books that do this? Flashbacks to the 60's/70's with current technology?

All of them. Though there usually isn't an entirely new book, just flashback scenes or the odd reference here and there.

Fantastic Four #1 is about 15 years ago in "marvel time", so just about everything that's happened (with some exceptions, like captain america and nick fury's origins in WW2) happens within that 15 year time span. Superheroes "emerged" in about the year 2000, give or take a year.

anyone whose origins go back further than that (Iron Man in Korean War, Punisher in Vietnam) has them updated to more recent events. Otherwise everyone would be geriatric by now.

Hagi

Speaking of furries i got round to reading Rocket Racoon #1 and #2, excellent stuff Skottie Young is doing in that book. The True Detective reference ended me.

Hagi

That looks more like Midnighter than Batman. That's the smile of someone who's just caved in someones face with their boot.

[Doom Patrol 52]
Mr. Nobody. :(

[Doom Patrol 53]
The craziness refuses to stop.
Celestius the Man-God‽ The Living Guru‽ I also had no idea that the other Mighty Mystics were characters in DC.

Tizoc

Sure, it starts off innocent enough, then after reading through the Archie catalogue you end up making this:

*Stuff that doesn't happen in the comic*

The fuck does that have to do with the Megaman comic?
You even read this series or are you talkin' out of yer ass, no offense?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Dammit, Tizoc... That was safely hidden away on the last page and you just brought it over to the new one.

[Doom Patrol 52]
Mr. Nobody. :(

[Doom Patrol 53]
The craziness refuses to stop.
Celestius the Man-God‽ The Living Guru‽ I also had no idea that the other Mighty Mystics were characters in DC.

I wish I could talk Doom Patrol with you, but you're now quite a few issues ahead of me. Stupid library books slowing my Doom Patrol reading down.

phoenixyz

As I diehard sandman fan I too was stunned when this series released. I went in thinking it'd suck to floored someone managed to capture Gaimans tone and then really expand the world. It does help years later and after reading more of mike Carey that he's the closest in style to Gaiman that I've come across in writers working today. Check Out unwritten and his under rated series crossing midnight

Wait, Lucifer is written by the dude who does Unwritten?
mind-blown-classic.gif

This just catapulted right to top of my want-to-read-list.

Tizoc

He is talking about Sonic comics by Archie.

Chill.

Yeah well I've been following the current Sonic comics and they have none of that lame image.

Hell the closest thing to creepy so far is this
ehAz8Sh.jpg

...and that's just Shadow BEING hit by a psychic attack from the villain of the arc

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What I should know before reading Uncanny X-Force?
X-Force by Craig Kyle & Chris Yost ;)

The second Part of their Run releases next Month. Not quiete as good as Uncanny X-Force, but I think you should read it before.

Also, it features Warpath, which is always great ;)

Messi

Yeah well I've been following the current Sonic comics and they have none of that lame image.

Hell the closest thing to creepy so far is this
ehAz8Sh.jpg

...and that's just Shadow BEING hit by a psychic attack from the villain of the arc

You are aware of the rep sonic fans have though? That's what he was referencing. Look up sonic on deviant art.

Tizoc

You are aware of the rep sonic fans have though? That's what he was referencing. Look up sonic on deviant art.

Why on earth would I expose myself to that?
...and I am a Sonic fan, as much as the next GAFfer who would post in the Sonic Community Forums thread.
If you're gonna lump us into one group, then sir/madam, I am disappointed at how shallow you could be =(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Could we not do the lame and tired "lol sonics fans" shit? Do we really need to be gaming side in here?

Messi

Why on earth would I expose myself to that?
...and I am a Sonic fan, as much as the next GAFfer who would post in the Sonic Community Forums thread.
If you're gonna lump us into one group, then sir/madam, I am disappointed at how shallow you could be =(

Edit: not worth the hassle to explain what I meant.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yep. I hoped it would be some kind of big collection of everything Zero Year or at least of all the Batman issues.
They do this every time a Batman Trade or Hardcover releases, one book with the bit from Scott Snyders Arc and one Hardcovet book with all the Tie-Ins from the Batfamily.

Never saw something of the kind you are looking for, sorry :/

Does anyone here own the Oversized Deluxe Edition of Batman: Year One? Can someone post the size of it? I am curious if its as big as the Deluxe Edition of The Killing Joke.

I only have 10 issues of Doom Patrol left. :(

But at least I have Animal Main waiting.

Could we not do the lame and tired "lol sonics fans" shit? Do we really need to be gaming side in here?

I agree but

It's more fun than 90% of the DC and Marvel comics you kids read combined.
Which incidentally is the amount of DC and Marvel comic series I don't read~
...and they EU cover is slick~

if you dish it out...

Messi

I want to buy this as it seems like It is something I would enjoy. But it is divisive it seems.

tumblr_l6j4n1wf391qbujox.jpg

I need to know what Lois Lanes secret was. That cover is absolutely fantastic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom