• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Timo

XEIhuNW.jpg

Oh man. Fulfilling a many year fantasy of owning these.

I am shocked at how similar some of the brush handling was in Gir's Blueberry: Chihuahua Pearl and what I remember from 100% by Paul Pope.

Oh man. Fulfilling a many year fantasy of owning these.

I am shocked at how similar some of the brush handling was in Gir's Blueberry: Chihuahua Pearl and what I remember from 100% by Paul Pope.
:eek:

Oh my

That's some holy grail shit. I hope those upcoming dark horse collections include some of the blueberry stuff.

I have a Spanish version of Arzach that's taller than my absolutes. I'd get French versions of his work by at least I can read Spanish haha. English versions are too hard to come by.

Timo

:eek:

Oh my

That's some holy grail shit. I hope those upcoming dark horse collections include some of the blueberry stuff.

I have a Spanish version of Arzach that's taller than my absolutes. I'd get French versions of his work by at least I can read Spanish haha. English versions are too hard to come by.

Oh I didn't even know they were doing that. I'm not mad I bought these, but I'll probably rebuy again later. These aren't even the first ones, I was a little disappointed to find out this was many parts of the way through Blueberry, though I think you don't need to know too terrible much of previous stories. I was trying to get Arzach soon, but I might just wait to see how these collections go.

frye

What are some cool 2000AD comics? Not buying anything atm but I'd like to check them out in the future.

Bad Company, Ballad of Halo Jones, Hewligan's Haircut (I think you'd really dig this one), Zombo, Zenith, and Indigo Prime are all really interesting non Dredd stuff

Sandfox

Marvel is going to be bundling the first three issues of certain ANAD books for $3 under the TImely Comics branding. I really like this idea.

Wait, how?

From last week's Axel in Charge:
And we'll wrap with true_believer616, who's looking a bit outside the mainstream Marvel Universe: "Are you planning to launch new Icon and MAX Series?"

Alonso: Yes. In fact, we will announce one soon. We'd have announced it sooner, but the artist was interrupted by a personal crisis. It's going to be a crowd pleaser.

Bad Company, Ballad of Halo Jones, Hewligan's Haircut (I think you'd really dig this one), Zombo, Zenith, and Indigo Prime are all really interesting non Dredd stuff

Wow some of those are really expensive LOL

Hewligan's Haircut looks up my alley from the art alone, so I'll definitely grab that

frye

Wow some of those are really expensive LOL

Hewligan's Haircut looks up my alley from the art alone, so I'll definitely grab that

yeaaahh, I think a few of those only came out through the DC/2000 AD collection program and are long out of print

Hewligan is a really formally incentive comic but also a really sweet funny romantic comedy at its core. I really think you'd like it a bunch

Aizo

Banned
I think I only read one issue, but it seemed interesting. I did like that it was written by somebody with lots of Japanese experience, but some parts felt a bit too much like exoctisizing Japan for a Western audience. Anybody else feel that way, or am I just a bit more sensitive to that since I live here? Just kinda wondering if it stays at that level or gets much worse.

Regardless, almost every other comic that has Japanese content seems to be a far worse offender, especially with sexualizing Japanese women.

mreddie

Marvel is going to be bundling the first three issues of certain ANAD books for $3 under the TImely Comics branding. I really like this idea.

From last week's Axel in Charge:

Explains how Karnak really doesn't fit with the rest of the universe. Unless it's for the non MU related stuff.

Messi

I think I only read one issue, but it seemed interesting. I did like that it was written by somebody with lots of Japanese experience, but some parts felt a bit too much like exoctisizing Japan for a Western audience. Anybody else feel that way, or am I just a bit more sensitive to that since I live here? Just kinda wondering if it stays at that level or gets much worse.

Regardless, almost every other comic that has Japanese content seems to be a far worse offender, especially with sexualizing Japanese women.

There is little to no sexualizing of women going on in Wayward.

Boogiepop

Reading through Morrison's New X-men run, probably about 2/3 through right now. I'll have actual thoughts when I'm done, but for two random thoughts for now: Man, Negasonic Teenage Warhead is short lived. Half wonder if we'll get a revival of the character with a shift in powers to coincide with the Deadpool movie... (note that I'd totally be down for that btw, as I actually liked her in the movie, and it certainly wouldn't be as awkward of an insert as Fury Jr or whatever else). Also, this run has taught me that Unus the Untouchable's name isn't Unus, that's just a nickname, and his real name is Angelo Unuscione (and he's apparently had it legally changed?) Which somehow makes him all the more wonderfully lame.

Owzers

Rachel Rising vol 1 purchased from the cmx sale, now all i have to do is read it to see if i want the rest....so simple.

Read two issues....i can see myself reading a lot of this. How long is this series going on for?

I'm trying to get into some Marvel stuff and would like any help getting some of the best stories for certain characters. Right now I'm looking for stuff that's easy to follow for

Iron Man
Iron Fist
Hawkeye
Deadpool
Thor
Captain America
Captain Marvel

Right now it just seems so intimidating because I was thinking of picking up the Civil War trade but theres a ton more to it then just the one. Trying to avoid that right now so any help would be appreciated.
I can't recommend any runs of those specifically, but Hawkeye vs. Deadpool is a great story for both characters. It's a standalone story that's collected in a single trade, no prior knowledge required.
I just read Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0 (which is on sale on comixology for 99cents)

and dammit...

I loved it

hellz yeah
Come here my children...let us rejoice together...
Reading through Morrison's New X-men run, probably about 2/3 through right now. I'll have actual thoughts when I'm done, but for two random thoughts for now: Man, Negasonic Teenage Warhead is short lived. Half wonder if we'll get a revival of the character with a shift in powers to coincide with the Deadpool movie... (note that I'd totally be down for that btw, as I actually liked her in the movie, and it certainly wouldn't be as awkward of an insert as Fury Jr or whatever else). Also, this run has taught me that Unus the Untouchable's name isn't Unus, that's just a nickname, and his real name is Angelo Unuscione (and he's apparently had it legally changed?) Which somehow makes him all the more wonderfully lame.

Not sure I'd care for Negasonic being brought back. I'd like to believe the only reason they used her that way in the movie was because she was so minor. Not saying they couldn't, but I don't know if anyone is really scrambling to do so.

Booth had their scenes. The first half, Ivy was better, the second half Harley dominated.
And lol @ Ivy
having sex with a tree.
That was weird.
Lovely batch of comics, but it's got the most gratuitous fan service I've ever seen in a batman story

But it's Bruce Timm drawing pretty girls so it's ok

PsychBat!

Banned
Never played either Ruby/Sapphire (this gen had boring Pokemon designs) or Diamond/Pearl.
Got back into Pokemon with X/Y. This whole breeding thing has made me feel like a very inadequate pokemon trainer.

Zombine

Banned
Yellow was hard mode, but it was the version that made 9 year old me freak out because of Jessie & James and all of the other nods to the show. I don't believe they have done anything similar since. It's probably the best of the three, but my nostalgia stands for red.

I'm having a really hard time trying to decide which version to pick up first. I should go for Yellow, but Red is where I will start.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yellow was hard mode, but it was the version that made 9 year old me freak out because of Jessie & James and all of the other nods to the show. I don't believe they have done anything similar since. It's probably the best of the three, but my nostalgia stands for red.

I'm having a really hard time trying to decide which version to pick up first. I should go for Yellow, but Red is where I will start.
Red is my favorite, because I collected all 151 Pokemon there.
The best Edition overall was Gold, because my mind was blown when I got to enter Kanto and also my reading skills were heavily better at this point - I played Red for months before I went to school, I just pressed A all the time and learned how to save. Amazing how I was able to get that far *g*

In Gold, I almost collected all 251 Pokemon after harvesting extremly my other games for this edition.
I was up to 248, then my brother overwrote my savegame :(

Zombine

Banned
Red is my favorite, because I collected all 151 Pokemon there.
The best Edition overall was Gold, because my mind was blown when I got to enter Kanto and also my reading skills were heavily better at this point - I played Red for months before I went to school, I just pressed A all the time and learned how to save. Amazing how I was able to get that far *g*

In Gold, I almost collected all 251 Pokemon after harvesting extremly my other games for this edition.
I was up to 248, then my brother overwrote my savegame :(

I ended up corrupting Silver and Gold...thanks Gameshark.

Owzers

I never got into Pokemon, I always tried to play good games. I have one of the 3ds versions that I got for free during a promotion.

Top Bottom