• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1953 #1
Pretty fun issue, as all Hellboy stories are. Though, I feel like I may have missed a story. One of the ones they reference is the Winter Special, but the other ones I'm not sure of. Still, I will continue. Love a good ol' fashioned Hellboy story.

Street Fighter X G.I. Joe #1
FFCKvqr.gif

X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever #1
Best X-Book Currently

Karnak #2
Love this book so much. It's so perfect for Karnak. Zen Gunnery is making this book the most anime book Marvel has put out this year.

All-New X-Men #5
Really Warren? YOU WANT TO DO THIS NOW? Wouldn't be X-Men without teenaged relationship drama right in the middle of a battle that is apparently requiring EVERYONE to beat. Come on guys. It's Blob. Get it together. I think this book is getting better? I'm not sure yet. I'll keep reading in order to satisfy my X-needs.

Venom: Space Knight #4
Space shenanigans are best shenanigans. Plus, I do like the fact that my least favorite fantasy trope didn't get played out here. It worked out fairly well and was actually enjoyable to read. Like Black Canary, this is another book that I don't get excited to read, but I always enjoy it immensely when I do.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #4
I think we're done. I literally don't care about Lunella or any of the plot anymore. Book was adorable at first, but now I just don't care. "Oh no, the Killer Folk are causing random trouble!" "Oh no! People don't understand Lunella!" "Oh no! Devil Dinosaur broke something!" We done...........Maybe....One more issue.....

You guys had me interested in Wayward and I checked my Humble Bundle account and saw I had the Deluxe Edition on there. It sure is nice to find out I already owned things!

You guys had me interested in Wayward and I checked my Humble Bundle account and saw I had the Deluxe Edition on there. It sure is nice to find out I already owned things!

I'm three issues in and it's actually really cool. It's kinda like Buffy the Vampire Slayer in Japan with a bunch of manga influences.

Owzers

If you could force people to try a current ongoing what would it be ( excluding lewd things unsuitable for decent citizens)?

I'd go with East of West, i like the scheming, i think Trump could be president of at least one of these nations.

Vyer

Which app? Back when cmx could buy comics in app Apple had restrictions on what comics you could buy through them. And sexually explicit comics would get flagged by Apple. The workaround was to use their web store and then sync it afterwards. Which is now the default

they get occasionally blocked on both ios and android these days. I think they made a joke about it on a recent cover lol

Zombine

Banned
sep150795.jpg

Got a free copy of Karnak #2 by Ellis & 2 other talented guys.

What's your favorite Warren Ellis book? First person to tell me gets the code.

All-New All-Different Avengers #6
Pretty good, and still going fairly strong. Book is improving, slowly but surely.
Kang's plans are always fun to see come together, due to the fact that I do love a long con.

The New Avengers #7
Super hype (only thing I'll ever say involving White Tiger) issue aside, I'm curious:
Two Tiger Gods exist at the same time. Now that's fine and I buy it, but why would they merge? My assumption was that because Ava felt fear (Angela didn't because of the Hand brainwashing), the Tiger God abandoned her. Problem is that she wasn't scared until AFTER it had merged, otherwise I would have said that her being scared caused the merge. So the real question is: What caused the merge in the first place?
It won't bother me too much, but it bothers me enough that I want to know. Either way, really enjoyable. I also liked all the narrative boxes playing off of WHISPER.

Silk #5
What a twist, I guess? I mean, this is still a gang war, but now
Black Cat is a good guy?
I dunno. Whatever. I'll keep reading (
electric dude is Silk's brother
).

All-New Inhumans #4
BUT THAT GORGON THO? AND THEN THAT CRYSTAL THO? BUT DID YOU SEE THAT SWAIM THO?
l0xHdfd.gif

Avengers: Standoff #1
So, originally my guess (while I was reading) was that
the blonde kid was Steve Rogers, and that the mechanic was Tony Stark. Of course, that's the loop they'd throw you for, so props for that twist. My primary theory was originally that: Steve was de-aged, which somehow "reawakened" his SSS.
At this point, it could still happen, but I have no idea what may actually happen. You have both my interest and curiosity. Well played Marvel. Well played.
He/she is worse than Beast? Must be a real fuck up.

His power is exploding. That's it. He just explodes. No reforming or anything. Just explodes.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
If you could force people to try a current ongoing what would it be ( excluding lewd things unsuitable for decent citizens)?

I'd go with East of West, i like the scheming, i think Trump could be president of at least one of these nations.

Manifest Destiny of course!

East of West is a good choice too though.

Boogiepop

Alright, so I'm officially starting Walking Dead, with the first compendium (I'll grab more assuming I'm still enjoying it at the end of this). Read through the first massive chapter or whatever, which I believe was all I had experienced of the series (I think it was the first volume) quite a while back. Like, long enough ago that I had completely forgotten it was in black and white.

Anyway, a solid start, though a bit of weirdness in the dialogue occasionally (most noticeably a few exchanges that were like "we should do thing x because reasons y and z" followed by "yes, that makes a lot of sense" where it feels like it's laying out a zombie survival guide and patting itself on the back for it. Also, kind of weird bits that feel sort of misogynistic even if the book went out of its way to have the characters be all "no, no, this is totally legit and not based on any views on women".) But mostly stuff that feels like it'll go away eventually. But yeah, I'll be interested to see how this goes, and I fortunately have a nice meaty sample of comics to give a try and decide on if I I want to keep going.

TheFlow

Banned
I like to read a lot of image series and if I had to suggest a new ongoing for a reader it would be

Low

Sex criminals

Deadly class

Aizo

Banned
I haven't purchased issue 4 of Plutona yet, but I'm confused. On comixology, it's always said (_ of 4), but with issue 4, it calls it the "penultimate chapter." Despite saying it's issue 4 of 4, it's the penultimate one?

I guess Comixology just needs to fix the (_ of 4) thing, then? I just looked up the trade, and it's issues 1-5.

I do hope the new Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is successful enough that they go beyond just Mighty Morphin'. Been watching Linkara's History of Power Rangers (again) and old episodes and seasons of Power Rangers. I feel like it's a great chance to create a universe with actual connected lore and mythos and strong continuity.

Silk's character design is a mess. Not that the design is a mess but she's had different versions already and every artist draws it differently.

I had to do a commission recently of her and finding a good reference for her costume was impossible. In the end, I just made it up which is, what I assume, all the artists have done to this point.
Thanks.

Top Bottom