• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Messi

Metroid_Other_M_visor.gif

RIP Tizoc

Tizok died?

IDW's pricing is terrible but it's not like Marvel is all that great about it themselves. The price hike on the Elekra Omni that frye and I were talking about, for example, is just idiotic.

It's not the first time they've done it. They jacked up the price of the Alias omnibus on rerelease as well. And really, I find myself needing to own fewer and fewer Marvel "classics", these days.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
IDW's pricing is terrible but it's not like Marvel is all that great about it themselves. The price hike on the Elekra Omni that frye and I were talking about, for example, is just idiotic.
Its a third reprint in a most likely really small print run, so I can see where the price comes from. Not that I would lile it

Messi

Well, Marvel prices are hilarious, too. IDW's are just moreso.

Also, I now have all issues of Wayward in my possession. Tonight, I shall begin reading judging Messi's taste in comics.

Judge all you want. Won't change my enjoyment of my favorite books. I don't read comics to impress you motherfuckers. That's what GrandHarrier is for.

Digital wayward takes the L vs the OHC though. I was surprised. Still bought it all in the sale though.

Rachel Rising digital on the other hand is stunning.

VanWinkle

No, Marvel isn't great either, but they're definitely not as bad as IDW. In fact, price to page count from DC, on ANY format (trades, OHC, omnis, etc) are why I primarily go with them. They offer some of the best value in that area.

VanWinkle

I think coming home to an InStockTrades box on the porch is one of the greatest feelings. Especially when it comes two days earlier than expected.

Here is my small haul:
rsz_imag0484_2.jpg

FINALLY getting out of the mindset that everything that I buy has to be an OHC or omnibus.

Okay, wait. I got the first volume of Crossed +100 in my IST order, and it seems more Walking Dead-like than the original Crossed series. So I was looking into catching up digitally if I like it, but it seems CMX doesn't have Crossed books??? They don't have Caligula either, so I guess it's a content issue? WAT?

Li Kao

You were right people, secret six gets better with the suburbs issues. Not really hard given of how dubious quality the first two issues were. Still, I'm suprised at the debatable storytelling. And lol at Ken Lashley once again. Page 1-9. There should be credit exclusively for him: one third of this book presented to you by Ken Lashley !

arkon

Okay, wait. I got the first volume of Crossed +100 in my IST order, and it seems more Walking Dead-like than the original Crossed series. So I was looking into catching up digitally if I like it, but it seems CMX doesn't have Crossed books??? They don't have Caligula either, so I guess it's a content issue? WAT?

I've just searched for Crossed and it's on both the UK and US storefronts. As is Caligula

Okay, yeah. I see it now.

Also SHIT! I missed that issues of Sex Criminals. CMX, you butts.
Which app? Back when cmx could buy comics in app Apple had restrictions on what comics you could buy through them. And sexually explicit comics would get flagged by Apple. The workaround was to use their web store and then sync it afterwards. Which is now the default

kmfdmpig

I think coming home to an InStockTrades box on the porch is one of the greatest feelings. Especially when it comes two days earlier than expected.

Here is my small haul:
rsz_imag0484_2.jpg

FINALLY getting out of the mindset that everything that I buy has to be an OHC or omnibus.

Great pickups. Aside from a single issue by Larry Hama (in full ham mode) I liked No Man's Land quite a bit.

Which app? Back when cmx could buy comics in app Apple had restrictions on what comics you could buy through them. And sexually explicit comics would get flagged by Apple. The workaround was to use their web store and then sync it afterwards. Which is now the default

I'm using the CMX Android App.

VanWinkle

Can somebody help me understand the No Man's Land event a little bit? The reason I'm confused is because the contents within spread over all kinds of different series. Basically, how does it progress through the four volumes because of it containing so many series? Is it a steady story progression, or does it meander because of tie-ins?

Great pickups. Aside from a single issue by Larry Hama (in full ham mode) I liked No Man's Land quite a bit.

Thanks, guys!

Owzers

Giant Days #1 was okay, i'm not sold on the characters/writing style yet, but i like what it was trying to do and am a little disappointed that it didn't click for me. I'll probably hold off buying more as i bought the first four issue trade, i'll decide on if i continue when i actually finish that and see when the next Boom sale is. Also it would have been nice if someone warned me this was a hijinks book.

Top Bottom