• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Owzers

what's better: Life is Strange or Tales from the Borderlands?

Also, Azz's Wonder Woman was enjoyable but I shared the main complaint i read: it was more of an ensemble story than a wonder woman story. My other gripe was Chiang more or less left the book two thirds into it.

Very tough call. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want slice-of-life feels with some mystery thrown in, then Life is Strage is the one you want to go with. If you want action/adventure comedy hijinks, then Tales from the Borderlands is your game.

Also, Azz's Wonder Woman was enjoyable but I shared the main complaint i read: it was more of an ensemble story than a wonder woman story. My other gripe was Chiang more or less left the book two thirds into it.
I do remember hearing that complaint. If it's a good book it doesn't really bother me.

Messi

I lost interest in Life is strange mid ep one. I loved Tales of Borderlands.

Owzers

my hesitation on Tales of the Borderlands is that i own and haven't played Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead season 2, only go t halfway into Walking Season one, and i've played their Jurassic Park game. I'm not sure if these Telltale games are for me. If only SOMA were on sale more....

Life is Strange i could rent from gamefly if i don't cave on the ps+ sale. I'm mainly interested in Witcher-ish-rpg-ish games, still need to get Divinity when the retail version drops to $30s.

Also, Trump 2016.

Life is Strange i could rent from gamefly if i don't cave on the ps+ sale. I'm mainly interested in Witcher-ish-rpg-ish games, still need to get Divinity when the retail version drops to $30s.

You might want to rent Divinity first. It might not be what you think. It's a CRPG with A LOT of micro-management. Even in dungeons, you need to move objects around via an old-school text-menu.

tim1138

How's Azzarello's Wonder Woman run? Been thinking of getting the six or so trades.

Overhyped. It was essentially one story arc that was three years long (in real time, not comic continuity time), and Chiang probably only drew about half the issues. Diana was very much a side character in her own book during this run.

The gold standard for Wonder Woman are still the Perez, Rucka, and Simone runs. The Legends of Wonder Woman digital first series is the best WW book since Simone's run ended.

my hesitation on Tales of the Borderlands is that i own and haven't played Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead season 2, only go t halfway into Walking Season one, and i've played their Jurassic Park game. I'm not sure if these Telltale games are for me. If only SOMA were on sale more....

Also, Trump 2016.
I knew you loved the Witcher really. I'd give Wolf Among Us a go if I were you. Still my favourite of the Telltale games.

Messi

Also, Trump 2016.

So you played through telltales worst game. Got it.

Owzers

I knew you loved the Witcher really. I'd give Wolf Among Us a go if I were you. Still my favourite of the Telltale games.

If not for the "I'll-do-anything-you-want-for-Ciri-info-and-i-do-mean-anything-wink-wink-wink" first half of the story and maybe some combat aggravation it would have been my GOTY. Also they really messed up on character interaction especially regarding Triss who basically was ignored for the end of the game. Okay i have problems with it...

If not for the "I'll-do-anything-you-want-for-Ciri-info-and-i-do-mean-anything-wink-wink-wink" first half of the story and maybe some combat aggravation it would have been my GOTY. Also they really messed up on character interaction especially regarding Triss who basically was ignored for the end of the game. Okay i have problems with it...
It was my GOTY but you have some valid points. Especially the lack of Triss after her role in TW2. I like the combat more than most but it can be a pain.

PsychBat!

Banned

Pokemon Blue
zqDWBgx.gif

Owzers

Purchased Tales of the Borderlands. I'm sure i'll get around to playing it outside of Rocket League and Far Cry Primal gamefly rental....

Butts and butts and butts and butts and butts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So tell me friends, was that really Scott that Sinister turned into a inhuman hybrid, or just a clone?

Overhyped. It was essentially one story arc that was three years long (in real time, not comic continuity time), and Chiang probably only drew about half the issues. Diana was very much a side character in her own book during this run.

The gold standard for Wonder Woman are still the Perez, Rucka, and Simone runs. The Legends of Wonder Woman digital first series is the best WW book since Simone's run ended.

More people should be reading that digital book.

99 cent issues, people!

Owzers

Finished Rachel Rising vol 1, i liked it a lot outside of the slightly too menacing content much like Locke and Key, which i did enjoy too. Not sure if i'm going all in or not yet.
are there any foster parents out there who don't abuse kids? They need a lobbyist to get the word out, every time one is shown in a movie and now here they are always creepy

Messi

Finished Rachel Rising vol 1, i liked it a lot outside of the slightly too menacing content much like Locke and Key, which i did enjoy too. Not sure if i'm going all in or not yet.
are there any foster parents out there who don't abuse kids? They need a lobbyist to get the word out, every time one is shown in a movie and now here they are always creepy

Go all in. pls.

Owzers

Marvel comics are a lot like Netflix streaming horror movies, they're not what i'd prefer to watch but i'll settle for them in between blu ray rentals. DC comics are like MTV developing tv shows...they sound good sometimes but no.

I still want to try The Shannara Chronicles.

I've been enjoying it. I just started on vol 6.

Owzers

If you guys are ever bored and decide reading comics isn't a good idea, check out The Ridiculous 6 on Netflix, it's definitely a movie that exists.

also, rachel rising vol 6 is $2 more than buying the regular issues, only trade in the sale ( i think) that is more.

Messi

If you guys are ever bored and decide reading comics isn't a good idea, check out The Ridiculous 6 on Netflix, it's definitely a movie that exists.

also, rachel rising vol 6 is $2 more than buying the regular issues, only trade in the sale ( i think) that is more.

Its the volume that just came out.

its not a big deal just haven't started Huck yet
Ooooooh....that sucks
quick question New Avengers, is this is anygood?

I didn't even know they made a New Avengers for ANAD. Sunspot is one of my favorite mutants but the line outside of him is meh.
It's one of my favorite ANAD books. You know how The Ultimates is a constant hype train? The New Avengers is the opposite. Doesn't spend any time hyping. It just delivers. It's really fun and over the top.
So tell me friends, was that really Scott that Sinister turned into a inhuman hybrid, or just a clone?

It was a clone.

Messi

List of I am unsure of what is coming out this week!

Batgirl #49
Batman and Robin Eternal #22
Midnighter #10
Omega Men #9

Deadly Class #19
Discipline #1
IX Generation #8
Violent #3

A-Force #3
Amazing Spider-Man and Silk SpiderFly Effect #1
Avengers Standoff Alpha #1
Black Widow #1
Deadpool #8
Guardians of Infinity #4
Invincible Iron Man #7
New Avengers #7
Old Man Logan #3
Spider-Man #2
Uncanny Avengers #6
Uncanny X-Men #4

Dejah Thoris #2
Bobs Burgers #9
Giant Days #12
Vampirella #1

-- TP
DC Bombshells
Black Canary
Harley and Power Girl
Inhuman HC

Anyone know if Marvel has released a character sheet/turn-around of Silk?
Working on a custom Marvel Universe figure and can't find an image of her that shows what happens with the leg design around back or if they just end on the sides.

Just finished Vimanarama

It was good although I think Kill Your Boyfriend was more to my liking. Still, I did quite enjoy this and I was entertained by Ali and his family. Art was nice and the use of Hindu mythology was very refreshing as well. Nice little Deluxe Edition.

Top Bottom