• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Kevin Smith and Terry Dodson on a Spider-Man book. What could possibly go wrong? Oh its about drugs and rape....wtf

edit: This is the first spider book I remember blind buying the hardcover of.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't want to go back to the bad old days of Sensational, Spectacular and a bunch of others though. It was really annoying. I'd be all for a return to the Brand New Day format with rotating teams and the book being almost-weekly, so I could dip in and out.
No, way I want this, too, but I were completly ok with a return of the early 00s system.

Spectacular and Amazing as their own books with own teams and without crossovers.
But yeah, maybe the market would be kind of flooded then. It will be so many boobs.

No, way I want this, too, but I were completly ok with a return of the early 00s system.

Spectacular and Amazing as their own books with own teams and without crossovers.
But yeah, maybe the market would be kind of flooded then. It will be so many boobs.

This would be great for a few months, but once sales dip, there will be crossovers and we'll essentially have a weekly that happens to be four different books.

It's why I ended up dropping the Superman books, because I don't want to get Action, Superman, Batman/Superman and Wonder Woman/Superman to get one story. I'd rather just wait for the UK reprints, at least they will be in order, albeit with random Injustice issues crammed in the middle.

Messi

CLL5PT9VAAA29Y-.jpg

Absolutely, but there's something to be said for tradition as well. Personally, I was a big fan of JMS' run, because Peter grew as a character, Aunt May found out about him (one of my all-time favourite issues of ANYTHING), he got a normal job and helped people instead of being Cherry Stark Zero like he is in Slott's run, and he and Mary Jane had a relatively normal relationship until Joe stuck his oar in and we went back to will they, won't they nonsense that nobody who is still reading Spider-Man comics in 2015 really cares about.

Yeah, I agree, but those things happened under the helm of a good writer. That I can't have that back is just how this business works. Keeping Peter around wouldn't necessarily bring more of that same kind of storytelling. I would rather have a great writer writing a great, yet different, character while they are not accomplishing that. Not that SpOck was great, but it was better than what we have now.

I wish they would give these things some thought, instead of trying to shoehorn writers in where they don't belong.

Yeah, I agree, but those things happened under the helm of a good writer. That I can't have that back is just how this business works. Keeping Peter around wouldn't necessarily bring more of that same kind of storytelling. I would rather have a great writer writing a great, yet different, character while they are not accomplishing that. Not that SpOck was great, but it was better than what we have now.

I wish they would give these things some thought, instead of trying to shoehorn writers in where they don't belong.

They'd have to crowbar Slott out of the office, nevermind shoehorning him in. He's probably glued himself to the desk.

At least there's the Deadpool crossover coming up, that should be good. And like I said earlier, I'm definitely gonna check out Spidey.

Kevin Smith and Terry Dodson on a Spider-Man book. What could possibly go wrong? Oh its about drugs and rape....wtf

edit: This is the first spider book I remember blind buying the hardcover of.

I'm guessing you learned an important lesson about blind-buying, yes?

Squire

Banned
I could be wrong, but I think this might be at the front in the collected version.

I have a lot of the series digitally. It's in the first trade at the end of the first issue, pretty sure. Dunno about the big collected editions they did though. Should be in there somewhere regardless.

Uncanny X-Force is one of my favorite Marvel series, I can't recommend it enough. Uncanny Avengers is similarly great during Apocalypse Twins and Avenge the Earth as well.

Tizoc

I can't stop thinking about Bacchus. My library only has the first trade, I need to order that omnibus. The art is so good.

MXpHo7C.gif

Never read this series before but will add it to my list thanks.
I swear Tizoc got the worst/most random giant picture posting tendencies in OT history

Eh they looked normal sized on my lappy's screen.

Had a craving for some Ben Templesmith, have some Wormwood Gentleman Corpse ComicGAF~

Had a craving for some Ben Templesmith, have some Wormwood Gentleman Corpse ComicGAF~

I have all of those trades somewhere. And the Wormwood artbook. Was really big into Templesmith for a while. Still meaning to read Squidder. Groom Lake was a fun book, too. I think I might have liked it even more than Wormwood.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Are the Arkham Knight Riddler challenges really that much of a pain in the arse? I thought they were OK in Asylum and City.

Most are quite easy. The pain is that there are 240-some of the damn things.

The last five were the biggest pain as I couldn't find any Riddler informant for Founder's Island. Turns out they were all down in the underground area where you need to find
Ivy's plant.

Got the final ending the other night. I dunno, I thought it was okay. I think people are looking at it a bit too literally or are trying to extrapolate too much specificity out of it. Just makes it less interesting in my mind. I think at the end of the day,
there will always be a Batman, and whether or not it's Bruce Wayne, he will always make criminals afraid.
I wish there was more closure regarding the
Arkham Knight though. And that Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman were more involved in the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom