• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically what I've learned tonight is that Messi is basically our version of the Guy Fawkes mask.
Dude is just super easy to impersonate.

I'm gonna go change my avvy and post in OT, maybe get Messi banned.
So you're saying even though he was calling himself Red Robin, he was still wearing a Robin suit? That's the only thing that makes sense and that was definitely not obvious from just reading, because I've been struggling to understand this for 3 years.

Please. Don't stop. It's worth the risk.

Honestly, even if he wore the Red Robin suit, and called himself Red Robin, he'd still be a Robin by virtue of doing all that while working with Batman. Same diff.

Not even close

Just finished Justice League Dark Vol 1. Yep. This is my kind of book. Dat Janin consistency.

Give me a Zatanna ongoing by Dini and Janin. That's what I want now.

Yeah, JLD is my favorite JL of the Nu52. Enjoy that shit.

Dude is just super easy to impersonate.

I'm gonna go change my avvy and post in OT, maybe get Messi banned.

Honestly, even if he wore the Red Robin suit, and called himself Red Robin, he'd still be a Robin by virtue of doing all that while working with Batman. Same diff.

I never questioned that, though. I questioned the fact that there's a photo of him in the red-black Robin suit in TT #1, and in TT #0 he goes straight to Red Robin.

Messi

I'm going to stop now before I end up watching House or some shit

tumblr_nqlm1uvjn61u7o1q0o1_250.gif

iVTwIH01r5oAr.gif

You should be ashamed of how you acted this evening. Using tumblr to find Olivia stuff. Like a peasant. You don't have a folder of gifs and pictures?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
House was awesome. Maybe we'll see a house graphic novel. That's my dream.

Squire

Banned
Not even close

Just finished Justice League Dark Vol 1. Yep. This is my kind of book. Dat Janin consistency.

Give me a Zatanna ongoing by Dini and Janin. That's what I want now.

You reading that latest Constantine solo, Ultimate Messi? I'm curious about it, but I've never read the character before. Saw a few episodes of the show though.

Never heard these. Looked up them on IST and CMX.

CMX sales are winning big time

All 5 volumes for $40. Compared to one omnibus for $28 that is half the run

And Alec s $25 on IST vs $8 on CMX

I'm losing count on how many Ws Digital has raked up.

Comic is dope, and its about old people, so I'll know you'll relate gketter!

So you're saying even though he was calling himself Red Robin, he was still wearing a Robin suit? That's the only thing that makes sense and that was definitely not obvious from just reading, because I've been struggling to understand this for 3 years.

He was still Batman's partner the only difference was he called himself Red Robin out of respect for the dead. He was still a Robin. It's like people ignored these two panels.

BI6rpOz.png

3gKA1Aj.jpg

Messi

You reading that latest Constantine solo, Ultimate Messi? I'm curious about it, but I've never read the character before. Saw a few episodes of the show though.

Nah this is my first Constantine book too. I picked it up for Zatanna and if I had one negative about the first arc it is how on the final battle the two female team members are essentially frozen in magic/fear while the dudes fuck shit up. Very disappointed as a Zatanna fan.

He was still Batman's partner the only difference was he called himself Red Robin out of respect for the dead. He was still a Robin. It's like people ignored these two panels.

The first one reads like he's talking about the present, as in the current Red Robin with the suit and all. That's how I read it, at least.

Besides, every time I bring it up, everyone is as confused as I am.
And it's Scott Lobdell lol

You've must've been a big Starman fan back in the day
Hell yea. Love that book

It's the ultimate counter to anyone who mocks a lame looking character based on power sets or history. It's a love letter to legacy and that it's never what powers a cape character has, it's the characters and writer/artist team that makes anything awesome

Zombine

Banned
Morrison and Millar's relationship is so heartbreaking. It's very much so like that bond between Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and his fall to the dark side.

"You were supposed to save us from cheap comics, not make them."

"I HATE YOU."

Messi

Morrison and Millar's relationship is so heartbreaking. It's very much so like that bond between Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and his fall to the dark side.

"I HATE YOU."

Chrononauts wasn't a cheap book tho. It was really good.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is anyone actually reading that new Hellblazer book? New 52 Constantine was utter tripe so I'm hesitant on picking it up

Haven't been banned yet so don't jinx me

I enjoyed the first issue, yet to read the others though

Hagi

"I HATE YOU."

I keep hoping I run into Millar in Glasgow so I can ask him to sign a copy of Emergency Stop that I would coincidentally have on me at the time.

Zombine

Banned
?

I tapped out after less than one issue.

Everything.

Even MPH? I've heard literally no one mention that book ever

Everything.

Super Crooks is great as well. Millar fills a particular void in my collection and he acts as a warm up in between big reads. He is the summer blockbuster of comic writing with moments that ascend to be much more than that. I sit there on the weekend when there's not much going on, I'll open up one of his books, read it cover to cover in about an hour or so and move on. I just enjoy his writing and the rockstar artists that he gets on every one of his books.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Was going to read comics but ended up watching The Guest instead. That was a super cool movie.

Now I'm going to finish the issue of Orion I was in the middle of and then re-read the first arc of Brubaker's Criminal. I'm craving a little bit more Brubaker before moving on to Orion fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom