• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Veedot

Are you not able to sell your paperbacks? I sold mine early but they still seem to be going for a decent amount. (Reasonably close to what you pre-order should be costing you).

That is also an option. I've been mentally putting it off because Ive never attempted to sell anything online and I hesitate when it comes to trying something new. I don't even know the best method of selling comics.

Well after looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong delays finally had a re-read and finished 4 kids walk into a bank. I think its such as shame it had the delays its had as its a great series (but I guess Rosenburgs been busy with family things and Marvel work and something had to go on the back burner). Was a great mix of comedy, drama, some great art, especially using page layout to tell a story and feels in the later issues.

I was really suprised it went as dark as it did in later issues, but I guess the more you think about the story there was always that possibility.

For other people that have read it *MAJOR SPOILERS*
do you think Berger died at the end? From the ending it seems the simplest answer but part of me hopes that he lived and just didn't want to know the others anymore after what happened, hence him not being there at the end
*MAJOR SPOILERS*

mreddie

If people buy Runaways they will make more. Runaways isn't a strong seller in singles so it will probably come down to the trade. Those other books don't really have an effect on what happens.

Tell that to Wasp and Mockingbird...oh wait.

Don't tell me the book has a Venomverse variant.

Ummmm...close enough?

latest

ElNarez

Banned
Batman White Knight seems like a graphic novel length hot take, more concerned with its own heat than any sort of tethering to reality.

Ross61

*adjusts nerd glasses*
Well, actually, cops that beat people unconscious for no reason get put on paid leave

Well to be fair, alot of cops have been charged but not convicted. Pretty much the only reason I don't get excited that I hear a cop has been charged.

Goodstyle

I'm so hyped for this.

I love how it's probably Harley video taping Batman beating the Joker into a bloody pulp, she works so much better as his sidekick than anything else. This whole thing is a new angle of attack for him, he wants to ruin Batman's rep and destroy him in the eyes of the city by making himself seem like the better option. Can't wait to see where this goes!

I always feel so bemused when Snyder's insecurities shine through so much because I like his more prose-like approach to cape comics. It makes for fun reading, and feels against the grain of most house-style writers, although I'm not entirely sure what that even means.

I'm excited to see where Metal goes next, and what happens to Dream etc because the wide cast he's using reminds me of events like Infinite Crisis where almost every page would have dozens of characters packed in, a lot of them you might not had heard of unless you were a hardcore DCU fan.

Tis fun.

Wanderer5

Lol, was at my library this morning, and they have an ad for this month being library card sign-up month. The ad is a group shot of the new teen titans, with the tagline, "The only thing more powerful than a teen titan? A LIBRARY CARD!" XD

Wait where does it say Medusa and Gorgon will be hooking up? They just copy-ppasted the solicits and all it says in Star-Crossed romance, Inhumans style. which with the last issue it probably
Swain and the Alien that was comforting her.
Well, as of Marvel Legacy, it appears that Medusa and Gorgon will be knocking hooves. Or not, in Gorgon’s case, I guess.

MG310

More NYCC changes. Half of the main stage panel tickets will be given out through the pre-show lottery.

Nah – as we mentioned, only 50% of the seats in the Main Stage will be filled via the pre-show lottery. This means that there will be fewer seats available for those who did not win the lottery and are planning on queueing the day of. If you'd like to see a panel in the Main Stage and did not win the lottery, head to the Queue Hall in 1C when you arrive to tap your NYCC badge and reserve your seat. Seating for Main Stage panels will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and we will still be clearing the Main Stage after each panel. More details are available on our Main Stage Clearing and Badge Tapping page.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Content/Pre-Show-Lotteries/

Sandfox

Tell that to Wasp and Mockingbird...oh wait.

Ummmm...close enough?

latest

Low selling books don't last long. My point was if this book is a mini then people buying the trades could lead to a continuation. That's why certain mini series keep returning and it's how BKV's Runaways came back after being cancelled.

Wanderer5

Man just looking at this reading list again for Morrison's Batman that was posted earlier.

I enjoying the first volume of Batman & Robin a lot, but maybe I should least re-read Batman RIP again lol, which I can read at my public library. Still haven't read the Black Glove arc either.

I do have Return of Bruce Wayne, which I'll re-read again for the Batman & Robin run through.

Sandfox

ORTLAND, OR, 09/08/2017 — Image Comics is pleased to announce at this year's Rose City Comic Con an all-new ongoing series from David Walker, Chuck Brown, and Sanford Greene that will launch in 2018 titled, BITTER ROOT.

BITTER ROOT is set in 1920s with the Harlem Renaissance in full swing. The new series will follow the Sangerye Family—New York (and the world's) only hope for salvation from supernatural forces threatening doom and destruction. Once the greatest family of monster hunters in the world, the Sangeryes must move beyond the tragedies of the past, or be forced to sit back and watch an unimaginable evil ravage the human race.

”Bitter Root is going to be unlike any comic book people have seen," said Walker. ”We're mixing action and horror, with a cast of characters unique to the medium to tell an epic tale of the Sangerye family and the sacrifices they are willing to make for humanity. I'm excited for this series for several reasons. It gives me the chance to work with Sanford again, Chuck, who is a great co-writer, and Image, which publishes some absolutely amazing comics."

Brown added: ”Bitter Root is a dream project. Walker, Greene, and I share the same tastes while bringing our own unique talents and perspectives to the book. Bitter Root takes a classic horror genre and remolds it into something new and eye opening. I haven't had this much fun creating comics in awhile."

BITTER ROOT #1 from Image Comics will hit stores in 2018.
http://www.comicosity.com/image-announces-bitter-root-by-walker-brown-greene/

Why are there so many horror books coming out of Image?

Vic_Viper

Man just looking at this reading list again for Morrison's Batman that was posted earlier.

I enjoying the first volume of Batman & Robin a lot, but maybe I should least re-read Batman RIP again lol, which I can read at my public library. Still haven't read the Black Glove arc either.

I do have Return of Bruce Wayne, which I'll re-read again for the Batman & Robin run through.

Highly recommend reading the Black Glove arc, or atleast the Batman & Son portion before rereading RIP. It sets up everything very nicely and gives you so much more perspective.

Had no idea they did a Deluxe edition for that arc, need to buy it asap!

Owzers

Whatever happened to morning glories? It's on sale and reminded me it existed. What if it got better after 30 issues?

Top Bottom