• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comics - September 2011 |OT| DC's nU Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seemed to have missed quite a few comics I should have picked up. Starting to regret not getting Ghostbusters, Aquaman, Ultimates #2, and maybe the DC Western.

And I think Spider-Island made it past that stage where it can fall down and ruin the event. I personally wasn't a big fan of
the people with powers turning into spiders.
And I still find it pretty fun so mission accomplished with this story. Just hope we get a new artist at the end.

Spoilers to be on the safe side in case anyone's waiting for the trade.

KidDork

VGChampion said:
And I think Spider-Island made it past that stage where it can fall down and ruin the event.

I think you're right. Looking over the event through ASM, it's been pretty well balanced. The spin off books are not required reading--you can just read ASM and still have a great time. I think the biggest takeaway here is that this is one of the first crossovers in years that is actually fun and not OHGODEVERYTHINGISDARK.

Marvel caught some magic with this one. I just hope it's not years before we see something like this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom