• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Manager At 343 On The Latest Halo Leaks

sendit

The hyperbole going around is just ridiculous. A mess!? It looked like what I'd expect an open world 60fps Halo game to look like on the Xbox One.

What exactly was a "mess" about it?
Qmp57aV.gif

Brand new games built natively for the Xbox Series X such as Halo Infinite.

Last edited:

GamerEDM

Banned
is reset era taking any action against this fake "mod verified" insider or are they going to continue give this idiot a platform to spread more lies

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Qmp57aV.gif

Oh I see you fell for the PR. I see people are picking and choosing which parts of the PR they believe in order to get maximum outrage.

Game started being made 5 years go and you think it was built natively for tech that didn't exist yet lol.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Never say never. Halo was suppose to be Series X launch title no matter what and look where it's now.

Actions > Tweets.

It's not uncommon for a big game to have multiple delays/changes to its release date. So while it's neat that they're saying they have no plans to change it again, they're saying that they have no plans to change it again. We know what happens to 'plans' and 'targets' in the videogame business.

stickkidsam

Oh I see you fell for the PR. I see people are picking and choosing which parts of the PR they believe in order to get maximum outrage.

Game started being made 5 years go and you think it was built natively for tech that didn't exist yet lol.
giphy.gif

Game being made directly by Microsoft doesn't have access to any of the tech. Yeah okay lol

What are you huffing so hard that you think anyone has "fallen" for any marketing? Halo Infinite doesn't look next gen at all and was touted as THE example of what next gen can do. It was stated multiple times that next gen won't be held back by the cross gen goal.

What are people supposed to think?

MrFunSocks

Banned
giphy.gif

Game being made directly by Microsoft doesn't have access to any of the tech. Yeah okay lol

What are you huffing so hard that you think anyone has "fallen" for any marketing? Halo Infinite doesn't look next gen at all and was touted as THE example of what next gen can do. It was stated multiple times that next gen won't be held back by the cross gen goal.

What are people supposed to think?
What tech? What tech do you think Microsoft had 5 years ago from the Series X? The APU that didn't exist? GDDR6?

Halo Infinite doesn't look next gen at all because it's not next gen lol. It's current gen. It was not touted as "THE example of what next gen can do" lol. And again - if they did and you believed it then you've fallen for the marketing, like I said. It has been in development as an xbox one game for 5 years. It's not a next gen game. The "optimised for series x" page for Infinite even says that X players will get to play it at up to 4K resolution and with faster load times, because it's just a Xbox one game that's getting a Series X patch.

stickkidsam

What tech? What tech do you think Microsoft had 5 years ago from the Series X? The APU that didn't exist? GDDR6?

Halo Infinite doesn't look next gen at all because it's not next gen lol. It's current gen. It was not touted as "THE example of what next gen can do" lol. And again - if they did and you believed it then you've fallen for the marketing, like I said. It has been in development as an xbox one game for 5 years. It's not a next gen game. The "optimised for series x" page for Infinite even says that X players will get to play it at up to 4K resolution and with faster load times, because it's just a Xbox one game that's getting a Series X patch.
So you're saying Microsoft/343 lied yet somehow it's everyone else's fault for blaming them... riiiiight. You know development resets sometimes and goals change. They were also developing a new game engine for a good part of those 5 years, and you better believe that they were consulting Microsoft on the specs they should be aiming for. C'mon dude.

Even looking at it as a One game, it still doesn't look as good as recent current gen games. What are you defending?

sendit

Youre in complete denial. Listen to yourself.....my god....

You fail to realize, this isn’t about who believes in the marketing. It is the message that Microsoft’s PR is portraying. Up until the reveal of Halo Infinite. 343i was touting this as being built from the ground up for the X1X. Who is the fool here?

By the time 343i was in full steam development. GPUs that where multiple times more powerful than current gen such as the 1080 and 1080ti where around.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
So you're saying Microsoft/343 lied yet somehow it's everyone else's fault for blaming them... riiiiight. You know development resets sometimes and goals change. They were also developing a new game engine for a good part of those 5 years, and you better believe that they were consulting Microsoft on the specs they should be aiming for. C'mon dude.

Even looking at it as a One game, it still doesn't look as good as recent current gen games. What are you defending?
Youre in complete denial. Listen to yourself.....my god....

You fail to realize, this isn’t about who believes in the marketing. It is the message that Microsoft’s PR is portraying. Up until the reveal of Halo Infinite. 343i was touting this as being built from the ground up for the X1X. Who is the fool here?

By the time 343i was in full steam development. GPUs that where multiple times more powerful than current gen such as the 1080 and 1080ti where around.
PR gonna PR. Don't know what to tell you fellas. Halo Infinite has been an Xbox One game from day one. The announcement trailer back in 2018 ends with "games play best on Xbox One":

The description of the trailer on the official Halo youtube account has the following:

Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive.

So we can agree it was announced as an Xbox One game, correct?

I'm sorry but if you think that they've been working on Series X games for 5 years, where are their other Series X games?

As for "it doesn't look as good as recent current gen games", please point me in the direction of some other locked 60fps open world games targeting 1080p on base consoles please. It looked like a 60fps open world halo game. The art style looks like classic halo, which is what they specificially and literally said they were doing aesthetically.

Last edited:
Back to his old defense of "they're lying".

"Brand new games built natively for the Xbox Series X such as Halo Infinite."

Top Bottom