• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Company Man: Our platform will be awesome in 2016

Elandyll

Banned
To put things back in context, Gamespot is running an article on a dualshocker article which is about a 4Gamer (Japanese website) article.
On 12/15 Dualshocker also ran an article with similar content ("2016 will be awesome for games on PS4") after Shu did some comments in a livestreamed event (Dengenki Playstation Afaik).

So it's really about Shu trying to get some enthusiasm going in Japanese medias for his home console in fact.

Unprecedented is a tarnished word in this industry after the EA/Wii U situation.

Should be a pretty solid year for PS4 owners. I actually thought this year was pretty good.

Also Microsoft's liberal use of 'greatest lineup in xbox history' in recent times :)

Sony's 2016 lineup truly has the potential to be one of the best in Playstation history if all the scheduled games release. Such is the diversity and quantity of the lineup that even with a few delays it will still be an 'unprecedented' year for ps4 at least. First year was mediocre in my opinion with both first party and third party games being quite sparse and mostly of middling quality. I agree that this year has been a good one for both exclusives and multiplatform titles on ps4. Still a little short of what I was hoping for in second full year of the console though.

To put things back in context, Gamespot is running an article on a dualshocker article which is about a 4Gamer (Japanese website) article.
On 12/15 Dualshocker also ran an article with similar content ("2016 will be awesome for games on PS4") after Shu did some comments in a livestreamed event (Dengenki Playstation Afaik).

So it's really about Shu trying to get some enthusiasm going in Japanese medias for his home console in fact.
I wanted to make a threas but im not good at it. But yea all the big jap players are bringing forth hype for 2016

Dargor

I think the title change was completely unnecessary and turned the thread into a witch hunt that really didn't need to happen. Now instead of talking about how awesome 2016 will be for gaming, people are more worried about why the moderation did something.

That being said, 2016 will be an awesome year for gaming, Uncharted 4 and Horizon are already mine, on Pc I'll be getting at least Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord and that is just for starters, my wallet is gonna suffer a lot next year hehehehe.

I'm really worried about how I'm going to pay my bills ;D.

I think the title change was completely unnecessary and turned the thread into a witch hunt that really didn't need to happen. Now instead of talking about how awesome 2016 will be for gaming, people are more worried about why the moderation did something.

That being said, 2016 will be an awesome year for gaming, Uncharted 4 and Horizon are already mine, on Pc I'll be getting at least Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord and that is just for starters, my wallet is gonna suffer a lot next year hehehehe.

Bills!? Shoot i have a baby due in August lol. First i was worried about money but now its time! Luckily i was smart when i found out. All my must haves i instantly pre ordered lol.

As a PlayStation fan, I take deep offense to the ridicule that is occurring on these pages. PlayStation 4 is a the top-choice platform of players all over the world, and PlayStation is leading the generation in new and exciting ways. From classic throwbacks to modern inventions, the PlayStation 4 has something for everybody. Next year, PlayStation will see an unprecedented increase in high-quality, memorable experiences that will thrill and delight its worldwide audience.

This title change, and the general tone of this thread, is an insult to not only the success of this monumental device, but to its entire audience. This kind of aggression is disrespectful, it is demeaning, and it is fueled by jealousy. I am sorry you didn't choose the PlayStation 4 as your next-generation experience. I am sorry you have been let down by the Xbox One and Nintendo Wii U. But does that mean we PlayStation fans must suffer too? I advise people who are jealous of our prosperity to also buy a PlayStation 4. Pick up any of the appealing bundle packages available now at stores everywhere. Take your new PlayStation home, close the curtains, and have sex with it.

Actually have sex with your PlayStation 4. Caress the cover of its hard drive bay. Place its controller on the most sensitive parts of your own body. Slowly insert and eject the Nathan Drake Collection from the disc drive with your warm hands. Bring both of you to simultaneous orgasm. Then brush your lips against the power button, so gently, and experience what Generation 8 is all about. Together.

Then you will feel sorry for making fun of Sony PlayStation fans. You will understand why the mockery in this thread is in such poor taste. Because this lambasting and disparaging isn't just insulting for the PlayStation 4, but it's insulting For the Players.™

As a PlayStation fan, I take deep offense to the ridicule that is occurring on these pages. PlayStation 4 is a the top-choice platform of players all over the world, and PlayStation is leading the generation in new and exciting ways. From classic throwbacks to modern inventions, the PlayStation 4 has something for everybody. Next year, PlayStation will see an unprecedented increase in high-quality, memorable experiences that will thrill and delight its worldwide audience.

This title change, and the general tone of this thread, is an insult to not only the success of this monumental device, but to its entire audience. This kind of aggression is disrespectful, it is demeaning, and it is fueled by jealousy. I am sorry you didn't choose the PlayStation 4 as your next-generation experience. I am sorry you have been let down by the Xbox One and Nintendo Wii U. But does that mean we PlayStation fans must suffer too? I advise people who are jealous of our prosperity to also buy a PlayStation 4. Pick up any of the appealing bundle packages available now at stores everywhere. Take your new PlayStation home, close the curtains, and have sex with it.

Actually have sex with your PlayStation 4. Caress the cover of its hard drive bay. Place its controller on the most sensitive parts of your own body. Slowly insert and eject the Nathan Drake Collection from the disc drive with your warm hands. Bring both of you to simultaneous orgasm. Then brush your lips against the power button, so gently, and experience what Generation 8 is all about. Together.

Then you will feel sorry for making fun of Sony PlayStation fans. You will understand why the mockery in this thread is in such poor taste. Because this lambasting and disparaging isn't just insulting for the PlayStation 4, but it's insulting For the Players.™
Saitama_OK.jpg

2thepoint

Oh how I laughed at the sex part.

Im actually in tears.

I havent laughed so hard since the March 14 NPD thread.

I'm guessing you never actually read those Spencer threads.
Yeah, Spencer threads go to shit really fast. Other than people bitching about the title change this thread has been pretty tame.

As for Shus comments, I'm reallllllly excited for 2016 and looks to be one of the best gaming lineups in years. With The Witness kicking off the year, followed by Firewatch, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, The Last Gaurdian, and many more I'm forgetting. My wallet will weep :(

same

2016 will be a blast for gaming

Dargor

Bills!? Shoot i have a baby due in August lol. First i was worried about money but now its time! Luckily i was smart when i found out. All my must haves i instantly pre ordered lol.

L.O.L.

Here I was thinking I had it tough. My man, first of all, I wish you the best, a healthy baby and a good head to take care of him/her.

And after that, hopefully, that you still have some time to play some of those games you have preordered, you'll definitely deserve it :D.

Pffttt............ PS4 haz no games....
for me to buy after work today that I haven't played already....

seriously, I have like 3 giftcards burning in my pocket and these new games need to release yesterday.

This is going to be a monster year for releases. Very psyched.

L.O.L.

Here I was thinking I had it tough. My man, first of all, I wish you the best, a healthy baby and a good head to take care of him/her.

And after that, hopefully, that you still have some time to play some of those games you have preordered, you'll definitely deserve it :D.
Thank you!! Im excited 2016 is a wonderful year. Baby,new house,ps vr games!!! Gah!! I love it

BlackJace

I mean would we really need a thread for that? I feel like it goes without saying that people on a videogame enthusiast forum would think that games will continue to be awesome year after year.

Basically I think the title change is suggesting that the premise is just one big "...Yeah, alright duh".

Fantastic post. So thoughtful! So articulate! And best of all 100% THE TRUTH!
Lol, at people treating your amazing post as some sort of joke post...scared Atari Jaguar fanboys, the lot of them!

2thepoint

Fantastic post. So thoughtful! So articulate! And best of all 100% THE TRUTH!
Lol, at people treating your amazing post as some sort of joke post...scared Atari Jaguar fanboys, the lot of them!

Im still laughing...of course with the OP.

That may be the funniest post of 2015 for me, along with Jim Sterlings write up on E3 this year.

Dargor

I mean would we really need a thread for that? I feel like it goes without saying that people on a videogame enthusiast forum would think that games will continue to be awesome year after year.

Basically I think the title change is suggesting that the premise is just one big "...Yeah, alright duh".

I agree, but can you deny that, if the thread title hadn't been changed, instead of talking about that, it is way more likely that we would be talking about games? ;)

2thepoint

OT title is perfect. Every press release should have such a title.

I hope this precedent is followed scrupulously when a breaking new thread emerges on Phil Spencers thoughts about the origins of the universe.

Or how he has changed his mind...and tadaa...2016 will be the greatest lineup in history for his platform.

pastrami

I agree, but can you deny that, if the thread title hadn't been changed, instead of talking about that, it is way more likely that we would be talking about games? ;)

We already have a thread about Sony's first party titles and another for PSVR titles. And if someone wants to discuss the PS4's 2016 line-up, they should make a thread with their thoughts for discussion, not regurgitate PR about it.

Dargor

We already have a thread about Sony's first party titles. And if someone wants to discuss the PS4's 2016 line-up, they should make a thread with their thoughts for discussion, not regurgitate PR about it.

I disagree, new news = new thread, no?

Top Bottom