• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Now Claims It's Actually Serious About Releasing Four First-Party Games Every Year

FlyyGOD

Since many years ago always "the next year is going to be great for Xbox" and they show at E3 'the best lineup in Xbox history'. But then they don't deliver.

This time seems that 2024, or at least 2025 will be really the first year with 4 big exclusives. Let's hope it's true and they offer some competition to Sony.

Soon we'll see a Starfield vs Goodbye Volcano High fight.

I think they were blatantly lying when mentioning a 2024 relase for Hellblade 2, because at the end of 2021 it was still in preproduction.
Stalker 2 is confirmed for 1st qtr 2024.

Based of what we know so far officially both Awoved and Hellblade 2 are coming out 2024. I am NOT counting S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 as that is not a first party release/title. I wonder what else is there besides Awoved/HellBlade 2 for 2024, but to be quite frank, those 2 are not really on top of my anticipation list.

Reee Sony too reee Sony.
Are some of you incapable of discussing Xbox without bringing up Sony?
Ok how many publishers have Sony bought? Zero. They bought a few studios and mainly in response to Xbox buying up the industry.

What games were Sony getting before they decided to buy up every publisher. I'll wait for your answer. Yeah repeat your pat on the back to Phil for bringing you zero games you weren't already getting .

@Ozriel I know you love damage control bro but come on.. Forza and flight sim are the same ips ms have released for years and I don't even understand why you would even bring them up. Irrelevant to the point of cheering on Xbox buying ips Xbox they were already getting. Avowed yes is a new game that's being developed after a purchase I'll give you that one, but it's not even out yet or is fable (fable isn't new and Xbox were already getting it).
I said zero games Xbox weren't already getting from 3rd parties. I never said they weren't making zero games...
It's not me claiming that only 90+ meta games are good games. I just game you multiple examples of good games that wernt made by MS that got less than 90+ meta. It speaks for itself. Maybe you think those games wernt good?

After reading this there are a couple of things I noticed.
The first one is the "xbox has no games" meme is dead, but, it has been replaced with a couple of other.
"Xbox doesn't have 4 x AAA games a year"
"Xbox doesn't have any new exclusives they wouldn't have had anyway"
"Xbox can't claim games by Zenimax"

I'm sure there more, but at least we have moved on from the "No games" One.

Jboemios

Banned
0E27xGF.png
You can close the thread. All those games will do it for the next 5 years

Top Bottom