• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Now Claims It's Actually Serious About Releasing Four First-Party Games Every Year

squarealex

They already do.

Hi-Fi Rush
Redfall
Age of Empire 4
Starfield
Forza

You add AoE 4 wich was released end 2021

Forza Motorsport 7 was released on 2017, the same year of GT Sport (Polyphony have already out GT7), so Turn10 make 6 years to a new Forza Motorsport ?

RedFall, Starfield & Hi-Fi Rush is more "Bethesda" than Xbox Game Studios.

But the true topic is... Microsoft can delivery 1 AAA per quarter, almost 4 - 5 AAA per years ?(bc c'mon, RedFail / HiFi-Rush isn't) .

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/44...-release-4-or-5-aaa-games-every-year-on-xbox/

If Microsoft count RedFall and Hi-Fi Rush like an AAA, so God of War: Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidenn West and Spider-Man 2 is an AAAA.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Yeah.. if you cant make them...buy them .... and let the stupids and fanboys cheer for something they would already be getting anyway .

SenkiDala

You add AoE 4 wich was released end 2021

Forza Motorsport 7 was released on 2017, the same year of GT Sport (Polyphony have already out GT7), so Turn10 make 6 years to a new Forza Motorsport ?

RedFall, Starfield & Hi-Fi Rush is more "Bethesda" than Xbox Game Studios.

But the true topic is... Microsoft can delivery 1 AAA per quarter, almost 4 - 5 AAA per years ?(bc c'mon, RedFail / HiFi-Rush isn't) .

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/44...-release-4-or-5-aaa-games-every-year-on-xbox/

If Microsoft count RedFall and Hi-Fi Rush like an AAA, so God of War: Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidenn West and Spider-Man 2 is an AAAA.
Wow, you're this kind of person ok.

AoE4 released this month on Xbox.
What is wrong with Turn10 needing 6 years for a new FM? When it was every 2 years it was too much and now it's not enough ?
Bethesda is a Xbox Game Studios wtf are you talking about. Then Spider-Man 2 isn't from PlayStation Studios but from Insomniac ?

And since when the topic is 4 AAA per year ? The topic is Microsoft declared they will release 4 1st party games per year. They never said AAA games. So don't change what they said to be able to say "gngngn they lied again"...

Oh I forgot Minecraft Legends, but I guess it isn't from a MS studios but from Mojang right ?

squarealex

AoE4 released this month on Xbox.
But this game is ALREADY out..

Can you count Returnal PC, The Last of Us Part 1 PC and Ratchet & Clank PC like a new release AAA for Sony ?

They never said AAA games. So don't change what they said to be able to say "gngngn they lied again"...

Phil Spencer says AAA before... know they change because they see is more complicated. But you can't count "little" game, port or re-release... (Yo Quake 2, what's up, thanks Phil!)

Sony release many PSVR2 titles this year. Everyone care ? No, no one care...

CobraAB

Well, MS has jut about every company in site so its maybe inevitable that they can launch 3 to 4 big games a year.

ZoukGalaxy

So all these years you were just... mocking your fans ?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

AREYOUOKAY?

Well said Microsoft. However...

Whip your previously bought studios into shape and allow them to make the games they want to again.

Sure, but there is so much emotion about a game box. Microsoft hasn't done anything to you personally. They haven't slept either your partner, they haven't called you names during high school. They are mearly a company that makes a game console and games.
I game on Xbox. I do so because my friends do, and I was coming from the One X and had a digital library already.
I think alot of what Sony does is wack. I think they are arrogant. I think they are hypocritical as well, but at the end of the day, I can differentiate between Sony the company and the Playstation console and their games.
I have no issue with getting a PS and playing the good games on it.
Think of it like music. You might think Warner Bros are cunts, but does that stop you listening to music from artists that are signed with them?
Same goes for movies. I think the Weinsteins are fuckheads, but I can still watch a movie that is made via their production company.
A touch over dramatic I agree.

But i want Xbox to succeed, that's all. Less talk and more action.

Last edited:
Apart from Avowed, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 and Hellblade II, do they have any of their titles confirmed for a 2024 release?

Fable, South of Midnight, Clockwork Revolution, Everwild, State of Decay 3, Perfect Dark etc - Any of these?

I think Gears 6 will get announced later this year (probably TGA's) and release next year...

yurinka

Since many years ago always "the next year is going to be great for Xbox" and they show at E3 'the best lineup in Xbox history'. But then they don't deliver.

This time seems that 2024, or at least 2025 will be really the first year with 4 big exclusives. Let's hope it's true and they offer some competition to Sony.

Soon we'll see a Starfield vs Goodbye Volcano High fight.

Apart from Avowed, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 and Hellblade II, do they have any of their titles confirmed for a 2024 release?
I think they were blatantly lying when mentioning a 2024 relase for Hellblade 2, because at the end of 2021 it was still in preproduction.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

Fable, South of Midnight, Clockwork Revolution, Everwild, State of Decay 3, Perfect Dark etc - Any of these?

I think Gears 6 will get announced later this year (probably TGA's) and release next year...
Stalker 2 1st qtr 2024

Doing what?

Saying they'll have games every year?

Or actually releasing 4 big games a year?

They've definitely been saying it for awhile now
And for the 1st time in a few years, they're actually going to do it. This year and next year are sorted, 2025 It will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.
But I guess in 2025 is when the likes of Perfect Dark, Indiana Jones and IO Interactive Dragom game will be getting ready to go.

Games and In-House studios are really not an issue anymore, it's MS pathetic PR that's more of a pressing issue.... It's nonexistent even now, in the run-up to StarField.
It seems to me that Xbox PR thinks its all about having nice photos and that's job done.

SenkiDala

What about quality? Who gives a shit about how much stuff they're gonna put out if it's just gonna be one Redfall after another?
Quality is often (not always sure) a matter of opinion.

For exemple I disliked GT7, even though it is a good game. I bought Forbidden West on day one but the game bores me. I was thrilled by the announcement of HiFi Rush (JSR/JSRF fan here) but in the end I don't like the game very much... but it is praised to be a great game.

Some people will love Spider-Man 2, others won't, some people will love Starfield others won't.

The most surprising thing to me about this thread is that I thought Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft Legends were the same game.

I was truly doing a double take when finding out this isn’t the case lol.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Redfall shouldn't count given the results, but Hi-Fi Rush, Starfield, and Forza isn't a bad showing for 2023.

They certainly seem to have some 2024 games lined up. Hellblade, Avowed, etc. But they don't just need to release they need to be good (and I have concerns about Avowed)

Camreezie

They owned 16 studios in 2019 when they made those comments. They bought 8 more in 2020 and then 12 more last year.

if they cant release 4 games per year from 36 studios then we have some real problems. Even with 6 year dev times, they should be able to release 6 games a year.
Straight facts , theyve buffed themselves out a crazy amount and still havent done it

Guess they weren't serious before and wanted to mess around with the fanbase for some casual comedic relief. If I was an Xbox exec, I'd do it too

Last edited:
OK. Prove it in 2024. And I mean 4 big tent pole first party.
They said four 1st party titles not 4 big titles like Starfield. There's not a single console maker that releases 4 big games every year, usually there's a big bang on the first year a console launches i.e 2017 for Switch and some would consider that only 3 big titles and then it tapers off. Sony this year only has 1 title and last year it was 2. I think 4 new games per year is good they are already on track to exceed that this year.

They owned 16 studios in 2019 when they made those comments. They bought 8 more in 2020 and then 12 more last year.

if they cant release 4 games per year from 36 studios then we have some real problems. Even with 6 year dev times, they should be able to release 6 games a year.
I believe it's 33-34 with ABKs studios depending on how you split them up.

I don't think Spencer is nearly as bad as a lot of people in similar positions, but I'll never believe a single word out of his mouth. Plus the cult around him is annoying as hell.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They said four 1st party titles not 4 big titles like Starfield. There's not a single console maker that releases 4 big games every year, usually there's a big bang on the first year a console launches i.e 2017 for Switch and some would consider that only 3 big titles and then it tapers off. Sony this year only has 1 title and last year it was 2. I think 4 new games per year is good they are already on track to exceed that this year.

Well, I think they need a couple of years of having a few big bangers in a year to turn the table a bit

They don't have the benefit of being able to release one game In a year like Sony do.

I bet if Sony had multiple years of only releasing one game, tge tables would turn on them.

Well, I think they need a couple of years of having a few big bangers in a year to turn the table a bit

They don't have the benefit of being able to release one game In a year like Sony do.

I bet if Sony had multiple years of only releasing one game, tge tables would turn on them.
Best they can do is work on a pipeline and work to get used to Zenimax and ABK as soon as possible. Obsidian was 2018 their first big AAA game won't launch till at least 2024.

Vasto

They are already doing it now.

4 games for 2023, 5 if you count Age Of Empires IV Console and have announced 5 for 2024.

Hi Fi Rush
Redfall
Age Of Empires IV Console
Starfield
Forza Motorsport

Hellblade 2
Avowed
Flight Sim 2024
Ara: History Untold
Towerborne

Top Bottom