• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concession stand prices at Oracle Arena for the first game of the NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-concession-prices-for-game-1-at-oracle-arena

Ie7wSdM.jpg

Speaking of prices:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...olden-state-warriors-hit-record-resale-market

0KJigJm.png

Ticketmaster has two courtside seats located under the basket for $58,250 each on Thursday night, but selling them for that price might be a bit optimistic. The highest price actually paid for a seat has been $36,843 on Ticketmaster and $35,612 on StubHub.

With fewer tickets on the overall resale marketplace than usual, prices aren't expected to drop come game time. As of noon ET, the get-in price for the cheapest seat on Ticketmaster was $693. The cheapest seat on StubHub was $80 more.

StubHub is currently suing the Warriors and Ticketmaster, alleging that the team's restricting of the secondary ticket market for season-ticket holders to Ticketmaster is monopolistic and illegal.

Last month, both the Warriors and Ticketmaster moved to dismiss the suit on its merits, namely that it has the right to control where tickets are resold as part of the terms of buying them and that StubHub had the chance to bid on being the official partner. Should the lawsuit go to trial, it could determine, for the first time in a legal setting, whether fans own the right to the tickets that they buy or if they merely license the privilege from the team.

ccbfan

Maybe it's because I'm from NYC but that doesn't look that bad.

Those are typical Mid town prices.

The Combos seem overpriced though unless those souvenir glasses are really nice.

Well if the prices weren't enough to turn you away, that Dr. on the right critiquing your choices sure is!

"Dr. Bill Maloney recommends the turkey burger!"

Makes sense. If you're dumb enough to pay to go to a game when you have a perfectly good television in your home, you deserve to pay through the nose for snacks.

Oreoleo

There's a reason people go out to eat before these kinds of things. I say keep the prices sky high - they inadvertantly support local business ;)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
They're paying for the souvenir cup right? that's the justification for that pricing? because you could still get one of their burgers or whatever for the regular price (which is still absurd, but whatever).

that stubhub lawsuit is going to be very interesting if we didn't already expect ticketmaster and the NBA to run them into the ground in court.

bigkrev

Pretzels for 5 and Tenders with fries for 9.75 don't seem much higher than they are at most arenas.

But yeah, San Fran is stupid expensive, news at 11

They're showing food and alcohol combos? That's really not shocking. I'm sure that souvenir cup is 24oz or something.

The shocking thing is the massive increase in average ticket price.

I imagine it's assumed if you have the money to even go to the game dropping money like that on food is no biggie. Still doesn't mean it's crazy though lol

Maybe it's because I'm from NYC but that doesn't look that bad.

Those are typical Mid town prices.

The Combos seem overpriced though unless those souvenir glasses are really nice.
It is bad. We're just used to these prices. It reminds of the prices at Coney Island, it's highway robbery.

ccbfan

Looking at food prices on the side compared to the combo meals suggests that a large beer is at least $17.

Depends on the beer and size.

If you're getting a 16 oz bud light then yeah gtfo, I'n drinking water.

If its a 24 oz decent craft beer then its not bad at all.

JCX

That hot dog vendor guy who overcharged people should have just set up shop inside a sports arena.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Misleading, as those combos include a "souvenir beer" glass.

That's the extra $8 bucks or whatever over the normal price.

Those are the prices of that shit everyday at all games basically.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The team knows what they're doing.

People were paying thousands of dollars for those tickets. These aren't the type of people to then let those food prices bother them.

Dalek

These prices aren't that much different from the cost of most arena type events that I've been to. I took my daughter to Marvel Universe Live earlier this year and everything looked like this.

I mean you're pretty much paying for the beer + souvenir cup. The standard food prices on the side don't seem that out of the ordinary for a sporting event.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
My only complaint is they probably are sticking you with some shitty beer like coors light.

I'm so used to arenas having crappy beer that I thought someone was pulling a prank when I was at Madison Square Garden recently and saw that they were selling Brooklyn Brewery beer.

Eh, it's bad but not insane for a basketball game.

Hotdog - 5 Dollars
Beer - 10 dollars
Souvenir cup- 10

They're inflated compared to a normal basketball game, but not by that much. At least from my experience.

Time to hit up 7-11 for a Hot Dog and a 40 before a game.

Or screw the beer at the game and get chicken strips and a Coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom