• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed : Fifa 14 will be free with all xbox one pre orders (Europe only)

It's releasing in half of Europe with limited console available from what we've heard with yield issues and it's still more expensive than a PS4 with FIFA 14. I'm not sure what they are trying to do with this. Preorders have closed in a lot of places and there is only so much stock. If they had a near infinite supply then by all means but at this point it's not really an incentive to get the X1

I don't understand why people keep pricing in the camera. If people wanted the camera and saw the value, MS wouldn't be bundling in for free the biggest franchise in Europe.

This solution is by its very nature aimed at fixing that problem.
Pricing in the (PS) camera is dumb. No one is going to look at the PS4 and say, "Well if I add the cost of the camera I don't want, it's more expensive."

And clearly people don't see them over-delivering on value at 499 Euros without FIFA.

But there's likely some merit to the idea that by bundling FIFA the price premium for the camera becomes more palatable, if someone has at least some sort of passing interest in it.

Finalizer

It being pre-orders only tells me what I wanted to know. It's not as many copies as I would have expected MS needed to purchase (only a few hundred thousand instead of like 2 million). This is a move to get preorders up.

Smart, but more limited than I thought.

Yeah, that it's not actually just bundled with every Xbone says to me that pre-orders in yurop must be in a pretty bleak state. Also, I'm curious if this only applies to the Day One editions, or if the delayed areas will also get the free game.

JP

That's going to be fantastic for the people that it applies to who want the game but it's certainly not changed my mind about wanting to order the console. The price difference between the two consoles would make me feel like I'm paying £80 for FIFA ad KInect, neither of which I want or need.

At least they're trying but they really could add 100 extra things for free that I don't want and can't resell and I'd still feel that I was paying £80 for something I don;t want.

Daffy Duck

You can still pre-order XB1 Day One Editions at GAME.

The stock thing is obviously the first batch of consoles, not the game.

Should've offered the game and knocked £50 off the price - then they may have piqued my interest.

As it stands, I'd rather opt for a PS4 and get a copy of FIFA 14 with it for cheaper than an XBone.

cebri.one

It's pretty awesome for branding purposes though. You know, if the only time FIFA14 next gen version is shown is with xbone logo and colors people will associate FIFA with Xbone, not ps4. It's not a killer move or anything, but it is good marketing.

You understimate the cultural influence of the Playstation brand in Europe.

FIFA FREE WITH XBOX ONE PRE_ORDERS IN EUROPE.....

... well most of Europe. The bit of Europe that we can actually be bothered releasing it in.

..., and when we say free copy it's a digital copy.

..., and when we say free for pre-orders it's actually 'while stocks last'.

So yeah.

Have at it?

Well 'free with every Xb1 sold in Europe indefinitely' wouldn't have been considered by EA. Unless MS offered them a $ Billion.

le.phat

Yeah, preorder a xBone and get a free copy of FIFA in 2014, or get a ps4 with fifa this October, and save another 50 note. Brilliant move.

I have a day one edition ordered at amazon so I presume it will just be automatically included

Still not sure whether to keep the preorder or not though

The comparisons to the ps4 price while valid are still a little off as if you had preordered it anyway chances are you would rather purchase the Xbox one

zainetor

Banned
so here in italy you could get fifa+forza if you preorder at MW. Well that makes up for the higher price point,imho.
Still not buying day one, i'll wait for a drop.

m.i.s.

Banned
No chance this will happen on the next gen software. Possible for 360 and PS3 but no chance will it be £25 on PS4 or Xbox one.

Supermarkets always find a way though don't they? ie Loss leaders etc.

I'd expect a fairly serious contraction of the next-gen market if bi / annualised software cannot be sold for £25.00.

*Surely* MS would have sold all the pre-order consoles anyway (especially with having to pull launch territories due to yield issues)?

Odd move.
According to the user zomg (who is a confirmed analyst) there is a strong rumour going on that the PS4 is outselling the XB1 4-1 in some EU mainland countries and 2-1 in UK. That is pretty terrible, so maybe XB1 is not sold out yet, even though stock is probably limited too lol

rvy

Banned
It's pretty awesome for branding purposes though. You know, if the only time FIFA14 next gen version is shown is with xbone logo and colors people will associate FIFA with Xbone, not ps4. It's not a killer move or anything, but it is good marketing.

Nonsense, most of Yurop doesn't even play FIFA on the Xbox. They associate football games with PlayStation.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This is nothing more than a favor by EA (for a bit of cash) to try and level the playing field with PS4. I suspect few (who had not done so already) will preorder an Xbone just to get next gen FIFA especially if next gen FIFA launches with PS4 in October.

Abominuz

Banned
According to the user zomg (who is a confirmed analyst) there is a strong rumour going on that the PS4 is outselling the XB1 4-1 in some EU mainland countries and 2-1 in UK. That is pretty terrible, so maybe XB1 is not sold out yet, even though stock is probably limited too lol

I can say first hand its not sold out by far.
I have a pre order for the PS4 and almost everywhere there is a stop.
But still i can walk into any media store and pre order an xbox one.

Its not a rumor its true.
Just search for european games sites, they even confirmed some number from european retailers.
Its really sad, but maybe FIFA14 will bring any difference even while i doubt that.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
That is what my friend in Germany said the clerk told him last weekend. The clerk said no one wants an Xbox One and he wished he had more launch PS4s. Truly a startling situation given the popularity of Xbox 360.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If Americans would have boycotted the Xbone as much as the Europeans, they would have gotten a free Madden. #dealwithit

;-)

Only problem is, you can buy a PS4 , get Drive Club for free, then purchase Fifa 14 if you feel like and , and you'll still have saved about the price of another free game due to the price difference being so massive.

Yes, I know Kinect is the reason for the so called "price difference"... But I'll take superior hardware for gaming over a camera that spies on my family any day of the week.

Abominuz

Banned
Don't care how many people here try and spin this into a negative somehow, this is a smart move by them.

Its not negative , its generous and FIFA is a great franchise.
Only problem is when will we see the Xbox One coming to EU.
If its somewhere april 2014, there will already be a new FIFA anounced by then.
Its a great move but i feel a little to late.
I hoped gamescon showed me a new killer game that made me want to pre order an Xbox One.

Frayzee

Banned
No, you get some Euro back if you sell PS4 FIFA 14. You cannot sell a digital copy.

SONY wins!

Not really, 2 hours ago I was leaning towards a ps4, right now I'm 100% in for the X1, I think you're underestimating just how popular FIFA is in Europe. The ultimate legends is something the community has been waiting on for years.

It's a nice gesture, but at the same time it smacks of desperation. You consider all the policy reversals in the past few weeks, and then this, and it screams to me that the Xone is really flailing in the pre-orders department. Plus a PS4 and a physical copy of Fifa 14 is still the cheaper option, so you have to wonder what good this will do.

Top Bottom