• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Playstation 4 will release in Europe in 2013

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder if this is, like, a political gambit by SCEE. A delay now would be disastrous for Sony. They could be trying to force Corporate's hand if there is indeed an issue with launch allocations.

Sony has absolutely lost the plot if they delay in Europe to launch in Japan, but I kind of can't see how Japan could consume so many units that it would be material. How many PS4s would Japan need for 6 months? 500k? It's not material.

Gorillaz

Damn didn't know this was actually playing here on tv in America. Flipped to Fox and saw there big as sign all around the field. It's now a HTC but still

Jim

It's a miserable, cold, rainy day in NY today and this is the first UEFA CL game I've watched. So not bad exposure for worldwide event.

Any idea how much a board ad like that would cost?

I have hope for an ad during half time:

Screen_shot_2013_05_25_at_20_25_33.jpg

AOC83

Banned
I wonder if this is, like, a political gambit by SCEE. A delay now would be disastrous for Sony. They could be trying to force Corporate's hand if there is indeed an issue with launch allocations.

Sony has absolutely lost the plot if they delay in Europe to launch in Japan, but I kind of can't see how Japan could consume so many units that it would be material. How many PS4s would Japan need for 6 months? 500k? It's not material.

500k in Europe would probably enough for launch day.

Into

Maybe no region will have to wait til 2014, outside the 3 major markets? Its possibly that they are just doing everything right and are super prepared this time

Sometimes i think we just expect the fuckup arrogant Sony of 2006, but this seems nothing like it. Everything from them has been different, refreshing and different, like a completely different company.

Here is the 15 min break, doubt we will see any tv ads

Portugeezer

500k in Europe would probably enough for launch day.

Indeed, at least if you look at Wii U and past console numbers worldwide, if they start manufacturing now (which I assume they will if the design is finalised) they should have more than enough for launch.

Copenap

It's a miserable, cold, rainy day in NY today and this is the first UEFA CL game I've watched. So not bad exposure for worldwide event.

Any idea how much a board ad like that would cost?
I have no idea about the price but afaik Sony has always been one of the major sponsors of the Champions League.

Ps3 had difficulties with part of the hardware; but if Microsoft managed a worldwide launch with 360, why can't Sony do the same with PS4?

They know Microsoft is going to launch simultaneously (or with a really small delay) on all regions (on all relevant region, that is).

Fuck Japan. Let them wait xD

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Indeed, at least if you look at Wii U and past console numbers, if they start manufacturing now (which I assume they will if the design is finalised) they should have more than enough for launch.

I think it is and they only withhold the console until e3 to build some hype... it's working

DBT85

Stop being Mr Negatory.

Making me uncomfortable lol.

Money bags Sony. Damn, that´s the most expensive add.

They sponsor the entire competition and have for years. Not just the final.

Champions League football and PlayStation go together like Doritos and Mtn Dew

Top Bottom