• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED: USA Gamestop PS3 pre-orders start today (10/10).

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
crisdecuba said:
Wait, so how would you pre-order at multiple locations? Do they ask for ID when pre-ordering?

No, no, no, no. Not my intentions. What I mean is - "I feel like I have a better chance of getting a pre-order because there are so many stores around here."

newsguy

MiamiWesker said:
Me too :)

I'll be calling soon for all us Miami guys.

Where in Miami? In North Miami I can tell you that they have all but confirmed that pre-orders will be happening. I have 7 stores with a 3 mile radius so all should be well as far as finding one.

MrDaravon

I'm so glad I'm not picking one of these up at launch. I'm already laughing at people trying to figure out how to get in early to preorder :lol

I will pray for all of you.

newsguy

bune duggy said:
No, No, No, No, and No.

Three of the five said "no preorders at all ever" and the other two said "maybe within the next two weeks".

Some of my stores are saying that just to ward off future callers. Once one store says yes than you can be sure other stores will follow suit, they're not going to have staggered pre-order days, it's one day nationally.

bune duggy said:
No, No, No, No, and No.

Three of the five said "no preorders at all ever" and the other two said "maybe within the next two weeks".

then you talked to the wrong people because i just got a call from mine and it said tomorrow as well. 100 down

PhatSaqs

Banned
bune duggy said:
No, No, No, No, and No.

I agree with this post along with a request to close this thread :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sounds like it really is going down. I know I'll be there. Thankfully, I can actually see another GS storefront from the GS I'm planning on visiting first so I can monitor both situations.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I called 6 stores. 3 outright confirmed it. Same details as in this thread: $100 down, 1 per household. 2 said they could neither confirm nor deny it. 1 said it wasn't happening but the guy is a really bad liar.

Its going down tomorrow.

Stench

Banned
K **** WHAT THE HELL

IS THIS NOT HAPPENING IN CANADA!!!?!?

i just called 3 stores here, no one knew what the hell i was talking about!!! SHITT!!!

Amir0x said:
wait, why is everyone so sure this is happening? And what about Wii/

people who alays buy stuff from eb/gamestop and are on a first name basis with the managers have been called by them and told to come in to preorder

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Amir0x said:
wait, why is everyone so sure this is happening? And what about Wii

Edit: Called all 3 in my area. Looks to be legit, no one could tell me how many they were getting though.

oBa

If anyone knows whats good for them, people need to stop bumping this thread. In fact, I suggest the mods lock this thread and we never speak of this again.

*nudge nudge*

newsguy

oBa said:
If anyone knows whats good for them, people need to stop bumping this thread. In fact, I suggest the mods lock this thread and we never speak of this again.

*nudge nudge*

Well to be fair it's here on GAF. If we all lived within a 10 mile radius there would be bi monthly anime circle jerks and sleepovers. So there probably aren't any gaffers who will steal your pre-order.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dorfdad said:
No preorders this week confirmed from Internal Memo from EB in Philadelphia this afternoon. On a side note EB/Gamestrop employess are allowed to buy 2 of the store pre-orders when the time comes probably next week. so if they are getting 16 make that 14

Also EB/Gamestop are getting the MOST allicated units so 16 per store is SAD expect Walmarts and the like to get like 10 each store...

Man this is hopeless..

hi junior member.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Everyone in this thread is LYING. The preorders start next Tuesday :)

purge this thread now plz

Bebpo

Banned
newsguy said:
Well to be fair it's here on GAF. If we all lived within a 10 mile radius there would be bi monthly anime circle jerks and sleepovers. So there probably aren't any gaffers who will steal your pre-order.

Not to mention going by the 195 orders from that outpost X360 deal that was spread at GAF and all the other deals; I doubt forums make up that high of percentage, especially within a 24 hour period.

Hmm. I'm thisclose to jumping on the Gamestop pre-order bandwagon, but I'm afraid they'll collect everyone's $100 regardless of how much stock they're going to get. I don't want to give them my money, be number X on the list, and then be told in November that I won't get my PS3 until January.

newsguy said:
Where in Miami? In North Miami I can tell you that they have all but confirmed that pre-orders will be happening. I have 7 stores with a 3 mile radius so all should be well as far as finding one.

No South Miami, Kendall. I'm going to call right now.

ManaByte

Gold Member
whatdidyousay said:
Hmm. I'm thisclose to jumping on the Gamestop pre-order bandwagon, but I'm afraid they'll collect everyone's $100 regardless of how much stock they're going to get. I don't want to give them my money, be number X on the list, and then be told in November that I won't get my PS3 until January.

Smartest person in this thread.

CAMP OUT = YOU GET A SYSTEM

PRE-ORDER = YOU GET A SYSTEM (BUT MAYBE NOT AT LAUNCH)

I know that I'll have a system on day 1. I'm not trusting GS to deliver on their pre-order this time around.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
ManaByte said:
Smartest person in this thread.

CAMP OUT = YOU GET A SYSTEM

PRE-ORDER = YOU GET A SYSTEM (BUT MAYBE NOT AT LAUNCH)

I know that I'll have a system on day 1. I'm not trusting GS to deliver on their pre-order this time around.

Perhaps you forgot to read the thread. Stores are only allocating 8 or 16 units. That's quite different then the 360 mess.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Beatbox said:
Perhaps you forgot to read the thread. Stores are only allocating 8 or 16 units. That's quite different then the 360 mess.

They knew how many 360s they were getting. That didn't stop employees and managers fearing for their job for not meeting their weekly pre-order quota from taking people's money.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Beatbox said:

^^^Smarter than the previous poster.

ManaByte said:
They knew how many 360s they were getting. That didn't stop employees and managers fearing for their job for not meeting their weekly pre-order quota from taking people's money.

I'm not sure about that they knew stuff, anyone this pre-order situation is very different than the 360 one.

Stench said:
NOT BEFORE SOMEONE TELLS ME IF THIS IS HAPPENING IN CANADA

if those dicks on the phone were jerking me around, i swear to god....

It's a public holiday today in Canada, are they even open?

ManaByte said:
Poorest person in this thread.

Fixed. That's me.

It'd be nice if they could guarantee that I'd get a PS3 at launch if I pre-ordered. Has anyone called and asked if they're only accepting X number of pre-orders?

I don't want to give them $100 if they can't do that. Damnit, even if they do guarantee it, I just don't trust them.

EB Guy

Burger King viral marketer
ManaByte said:
not true, we had our allocations a long time before launch, 3/4 of the way through MS cut allocations, not our fault

Bebpo

Banned
ManaByte said:

Uhhmmm...they tell you what number you are. If you are within the first five tomorrow on that list and they are getting 10-16 you are ****ing safe and don't have to camp out in the cold for 20 hours next month.

Bebpo said:
Uhhmmm...they tell you what number you are. If you are within the first five tomorrow on that list and they are getting 10-16 you are ****ing safe and don't have to camp out in the cold for 20 hours next month.

But you will be out in the cold if your PS3 takes a crap in 6 months.

(not saying PS3 will have problems, saying EBstop customer service BLOWS)

newsguy

Bebpo said:

Yeah, people aren't realizing that all of this EB/GS pre-order madness stems DIRECTLY from the 360 fiasco. They are doing 1 day pre-orders and ONLY letting people buy as many as the store is getting. With the 360 pre-orders started many months before and stayed open log after.

Oni Jazar

I just got confirmation from my local Gamestop. They are allowing for 10 preorders. The dude was like "I don't want to tell you spend the night here but you'll want to come early."

:lol fcsk.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Just called all my local stores in the area (london, ontairo) and they're all closed atm (its thanksgiving here).

I'm going in tomorrow anyways right at 9 when the mall opens, and gonna see if they know wtf i'm talking about.... if not, well, we'll go from there.

d

I called 3 of the Gamestops around me and they all said they are taking pre orders tomorrow morning.

One of them is getting 10 in, and another 13. I didn't ask the third store.

Amir0x

Banned
Ok, I have it on good authority that this is true so i guess PS3 pre-orders w/ $100 deposit tomorrow only, and on Friday maybe for Wii pre-orders

finally thank goodness if true

I called my closest GS the guy said "we don't know yet".

I called the EB that is literally across the street, "Yes it is happening tomorrow, $100, first come first serve."

Woohoo!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ManaByte said:

Let me explain this to you. EB was pre-ordering MONTHS in advance for the 360, then got screwed big time by M$ thus pissing off customers.

EB is CAUTIOUS this time about pre-orders thus the LONG wait for pre-ordering. Now that they know how many they will get at launch, they will limit the pre-orders to how many they can sell on november 17th.

got it?

Top Bottom